Civilization V: Gold

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

Our member NeverMind has spotted a new version of Civilization V, which will probably please everyone, who is still waiting for a "complete" version: Civilization Gold will be released this year, including the base game, all the DLC and Gods & Kings.
The release date is a bit contradictory at the moment, with EBGames reporting the 19th of February, and Amazon.de saying 22nd of March.
If or if not this is a hint that the prior rumors about a second expansion called "One World" are valid is up to the reader's discretion ;).

Image of coins by clker.com, under public domain.

Attachments

• civilization-gold.jpg
    civilization-gold.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 108,510
But is it finally the Steam DRM free version those of us who like to own that which we buy have been waiting for?

If this is true than "one world" is not happening. Development of Civ5 is done. This is sad as this game is still a mess.

If this is true than "one world" is not happening. Development of Civ5 is done. This is sad as this game is still a mess.

That's not always the case. I know some other games with Gold Editions that had an expansion come out after. For example, Neverwinter Nights had two expansions with the Gold version containing only the first expansion and a Platinum containing both expansions. Also, Dawn of War had three expansions. The Gold version came with the first expansion pack, but then a second expansion pack came out later for a Platinum version. Finally, a Complete came out for the third expansion.

Don't forget about Civ4 either. Civ4 Gold had just the Warlords expansion. Then after Beyond the Sword they came out with Civ4 Complete. Based on that history and after this announcement, I'd say there is now a higher chance One World is happening.

Europa Univversalis 3 released two expansions, and made 'Complete'. After 'completion' two more expansions were released so this is not the problem

well, i do hope that a new expansion will come, allthough g&K made 5 a true civ game, much has to be improved. in the game it self, but also how is works on DX 10 & 11

Knew I should've waited until the inevitable bundle with all the DLC and expansion... although I suspect this won't be the final bundle. Not just Civ4, but also Civ3, had Gold Editions between the first and second expansion.

Great and I just got myself the goty edition and GoK. I hope there is an upgrade - since i dont want to buy the - in my mind - overpriced DLC's one by one.

I've been waiting to this, just in case to by-pass the process of going through Steam paid-downloads. Let's hope it doesn't take till the holiday season to be released.

Top Bottom