Зарезервировано

予約

보류하는

שמור

Reserveder!
Even reserveder!
Reservedest!

[ removed ]

Yay, I loved the first mod for Civ 3. Your mod inspired me to make Age of Civilizations.

Nooble said:
Reserved

Reserved
Nooble, Rhye and I reserved posts for actual information about the project, would you kindly edit your post so as not to confuse people?

All Hail Rhye Lord of Civilisation.

Well at least historical world map civ. I've been waiting for this as have im sure many others. Any way i can help i will (graphics and such arent my things, i can research though and such).

For some reason the announcement of the new expansion pack seems somewhat unimportant to me now :D

Expect me to lurk and offer commets as much as I can. I might be able to even help with development if you want me to.

How about Rhye's of Sweetness for a name?
Ok, maybe not :p

I have a name!

Rhye´s of Civilization IV!! :p

Just joking... Anyway, I loved your mod for Civ III, in fact it was the only thing I played, and I´m eagerly waiting for this one... Thanks for everything!

The biggest thing: python code for dynamic rise & fall of civs. In fact, you won't see 18 civs in the same time here. Never. Basically, Egypt, India, China, and if controlling a different civ, the human player's one, will start in 4000BC. The rest will be born later, in appropriate turns and with appropriate techs and starting units. There's also an algorithm for collapsing some civs in barbarian cities, in semi-random periods.

This is just great!

Rhye
Seems promising
But it's wrong forum.
Reserved

Riservato

Reservado

Réservé

Reserviert
Add "Зарезервировано"

sounds great !!!! i am a big fan of RoC for civ3... it's the best mod ever ! but this here... will be even a 100 times better ;)
so work work now and don't let us wait too long :crazyeye:

Soon like... some hours? :D
I'm very impatient to play your mod (especially for the birth of civilizations !)

i can help, im not much of a modder however i have extensive web design skills and a vast knowledge of history. I played your previous mod for civ3, despite hardly posting i generally look at this site once every 3-4 days for the past 2 years!

so yeah, if u need that sort of help im here. I have some webspace and ill even get a domain as my contribution.

good luck! and i await for the day when i am able to play the mod!

pm me if your interested

Rhye said:
nomadic (may move cities)
Just a little brainfart here - maybe instead of nomadic civs moving whole cities or tearing them down for a measly settler, they should get a whole new thing - a Nomad unit, which is both a limited worker (build forts, farms, cottages) and a settler-type unit that creates a limited city called Camp. It would basically be a city, but the name would be "Camp X" (Camp Jerusalem as opposed to Jerusalem, etc), growth would be slower (all camps would receive a few :yuck:), and it would be possible to pack up the camp and turn it back into a nomad. Every time a camp gains population past 3 pop a dialog would ask if the player wants to settle it as a city, and once it hits pop 6 or so it would turn into a city irreversibly.
Non-nomadic civs would receive a similar unit that the Nomad upgrades to later in the game, something along the lines of "Colonist", creating a downsized camp-style Colony city which could turn into a full city the same way as a Camp. The difference between Camps and Colonies would be that when Nomads go wandering they keep everything their Camp had (except maybe a lost pop point or two) and they might even get a strength rating based on the magnitude of the Camp, while Colonies that are disbanded would result in a fresh Colonist who can just start a basic Colony anew.
As usual, just a few ideas that popped up, wanted to make sure they're in print before I forget them. We'll be able to get back to them when we start developing the "expanded" version.

On a different matter all together, I'd like to propose codenames for the two Catapult projects.
The basic mod would be called "Trebuchet", and the expanded mod "Cannon" (or "Project Trebuchet" and "Project Cannon"). Fits the naming theme, I'd say. I just feel weird typing "expanded" and "basic" again and again. RoC and RoX were fine names to type over and over, but they were proper names. Let's get some for this project as well.

Rhye said:
- The biggest thing: python code for dynamic rise & fall of civs. In fact, you won't see 18 civs in the same time here. Never. Basically, Egypt, India, China, and if controlling a different civ, the human player's one, will start in 4000BC. The rest will be born later, in appropriate turns and with appropriate techs and starting units. There's also an algorithm for collapsing some civs in barbarian cities, in semi-random periods.
Could you explain more in-depth how this is gonna work. I really like the idea in theory, but I think it'll take alot of thought and balancing to get it right. I assume that the human player's country won't be eliminated by an event at some point.

Rhye said:
- Naval movements a la RoC, with coast and ocean different values
This is great, naval movement in Civ really bugs me. One thing that I was thinking about earlier was to somehow have transports lose all of their movement points when they unload a land unit. I think something like that would really help to diminish the completely "hit and run" nature of naval landings as it is.

Blasphemous said:
Just a little brainfart here - maybe instead of nomadic civs moving whole cities or tearing them down for a measly settler, they should get a whole new thing - a Nomad unit, which is both a limited worker (build forts, farms, cottages) and a settler-type unit that creates a limited city called Camp. It would basically be a city, but the name would be "Camp X" (Camp Jerusalem as opposed to Jerusalem, etc), growth would be slower (all camps would receive a few :yuck:), and it would be possible to pack up the camp and turn it back into a nomad. Every time a camp gains population past 3 pop a dialog would ask if the player wants to settle it as a city, and once it hits pop 6 or so it would turn into a city irreversibly.
Non-nomadic civs would receive a similar unit that the Nomad upgrades to later in the game, something along the lines of "Colonist", creating a downsized camp-style Colony city which could turn into a full city the same way as a Camp. The difference between Camps and Colonies would be that when Nomads go wandering they keep everything their Camp had (except maybe a lost pop point or two) and they might even get a strength rating based on the magnitude of the Camp, while Colonies that are disbanded would result in a fresh Colonist who can just start a basic Colony anew.
As usual, just a few ideas that popped up, wanted to make sure they're in print before I forget them. We'll be able to get back to them when we start developing the "expanded" version.
Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but what would be the advantage of being able to move your cities around? Something like if you're about to be attacked? I definitely like the idea of cities progressing from like cities to colonies and stuff like that. So like if you wanted to found an overseas city it would first be a colony for a while until it reached a certain population or something.

Gunner said:
Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but what would be the advantage of being able to move your cities around? Something like if you're about to be attacked? I definitely like the idea of cities progressing from like cities to colonies and stuff like that. So like if you wanted to found an overseas city it would first be a colony for a while until it reached a certain population or something.
Good question. :goodjob:
There are no obvious advantages to just moving cities as they are - except if Nomads are particularly cheap and say, you start with two Nomads instead of one Settler.
Besides that Camps (and Colonies) would have to have special advantages built into them. Maybe Camps would have only 10% of the normal upkeep and not count towards the number-of-cities-maintenance, while Colonies get -1 upkeep for every military unit fortified in them and +1 :commerce: for every resource in their radius if they are coastal (or +1 :commerce: for every 2 :traderoute: for every resource in radius). For Camps, another big bonus could be simply allowing them to be settled in Deserts and Tundra where I suspect we won't let Settlers settle.
I think our general outlook should be to create a new type of thing in the game, not a mobile version of the good 'ol city, but a whole new, albeit similar, type of thing.

Top Bottom