WWII PBEM - Tora

The problem is that espionage is too strong in BtS... after a while you can see all the cities productions, all the units inside the enemy cities... too much!!! Where is the surprise in that?
I wish there would be an option of semi-espionage (some espionage but not so revealing as the current one)... but there isn't... so I think that the option of no espionage is less bad...
I agree completely, the ability to see all that you can is way to powerful in this kind of scenario.

Also: Eclipse is the English? Oh no... he's going to come crying for the USA's help within about 3 turns! :lol: jk
Well if in fact I do you'll be glad to use my country(s) to Deploy from. :think:

eclipse4449ATgmailDOTcom

Edit; The settings are ok with me too

All right!

Did all installed and tried out the MOD?

Off course I will send an email with all the rules, emails, order of play, etc when the game starts. You should keep that email for future reference.

I would like to point out the following: USA can not declare war before 1941 unless attacked. The logic of the rule (like all rules) should be followed and not (necessarly) the wording.
Example: let's assume that GB and USA are allies but USA can't declare war. Then if GB would declare war upon USA and make peace the following turn would this mean that the USA could declare war? NO!
This is a trust game therefore nobody will control this, but USA should only be able to declare war if they are really attacked by another human player and not be involved in a fony war.
I have also added "human" just in case the agressive AI is stupid enough to attack USA.

Espionage - unfortunately with espionage off, spies aren't really much better than Scouts.... they are a bit better as they are invisible and don't give XP points to the enemy! Neither need Open Borders to get in...
I would really really like a moderate espionage option... but none is available so we'll have to live with the lesser evil (IMHO).

I did change the scenario! So the scenario isn't the same as the one in the MOD. I've changed entire nations (concentrating nations), changed city owners (specially in Asia), incorporated special defense units in some cities, increased economical power of democracies, given "special" elite units to the Fascists. Democracies got production+money, fascists got extra troops, communist got... nothing! Well, not really true as I've given a few spies to USSR! And I did reinforced China (mainly with defense units) because it's going to be played by the AI.

And, if I can, I'll change the play order.
If everybody is ready I expect to start on the weekend! Let's start the hostilities and may the communists win!
Cof cof cof... I meant "may the best win"... :rolleyes:

I used the 2 links here in post #24
and downloaded the 7zip program to extract the files properly here on post #29

note; You need only extract the largest of the 2 files (.001), the second file is automatically extracted after the first

Yes it works great althought took a second attempt placing in the proper place within the game for me it was;

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
notice the BTS is in a BTS folder placed there by "Steam"

So you've created your own scenario from the original? Does that give you a WB file?

Espionage - unfortunately with espionage off, spies aren't really much better than Scouts.... they are a bit better as they are invisible and don't give XP points to the enemy! Neither need Open Borders to get in...

Really. In the "normal" BtS, you need OB for a scout/explorer to enter enemy territory. I'm surprised it's different for this mod...

You said something about being able to provid the original graphics for the game. I'd like that since some of the resource symbols are strange and the map seems dark to me... If you can provide the original, I'll swap back and forth and decide which works better for me.

ricketyclik said:
Can I just copy the directory straight across into the correct directory?
Yes, I think so. It should work like that.

Really. In the "normal" BtS, you need OB for a scout/explorer to enter enemy territory. I'm surprised it's different for this mod....
You shouldn't be suprised if a non-native English speaker writes with mistakes... :blush:
Where it was written "Neither need Open Borders to get in..." should be read "Also (the spy) doesn't need Open Borders to get in..."
Anyway, I don't think there are scouts in this MOD, so... it's just hypothetical talk! But you can always use a tank to "scout" nations with OB! ;)

Mitchum said:
and the map seems dark to me...
That is why I've changed it... the terrain seemed too dark for me.
To remove the MOD terrain (and keep the basic BtS terrain) just follow the instructions given by dacubz145:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11398494&postcount=1176

I apologize, I never got around to downloading yet. I had a weird night last night and didnt get to ANY civ, so now I have turns piled up in my inbox for other games and still need to DL this one.

There is good news though! I have an off day today, so I will definitely be downloading by this evening and hopefully it runs for me.

OK - I got it to load up so I should be good to go. I'll be ready and waiting... this is super complex, I don't know if I can handle it! haha

I am complete intrigued on how Luther will create this game but play in the last position???
I have never gotten that to work? I have always had player 1 position launch the game.

If I'm missing something here in the setup can you PLEASE give me some details

Hello all.

Eclipse, you'll find the answer at the end of the 1st post in this thread (peculiarity).

I have updated the 1st post with players, rules, VIP cities, etc. Please re-read it carefully to make sure that we are all aligned and are not missing anything. It's the last chance to disagree and raise an issue! Otherwise the hostilities will start!!! :ar15:

I would like to point out that I have included a new rule:
- Units can not have negative movement points! If you choose a promotion that makes the unit to have negative movement points (in this MOD it could happen) the game could crash!

I will send a summary of post #1 in the global email I'll send to everyone so that we all have it.

Eclipse, you'll find the answer at the end of the 1st post in this thread (peculiarity).

Well, you will have to get our individual passwords or make passwords up (which we can change in-game the next turn) because on that first turn you will need to decline creating a password (erase the (*****)) or change it to something.

I too have frustrated myself with this issue for many many hours, going threw every possibility that exists to come to the conclusion that player 1 creates the game. In a volatile scenario with many units and critical decisions to be made many people will put blame on you if early events do not go good their way.

Player 1 (oh thats me) can launch the game with your guidance of settings, its no problem sir

Here are some statistics from the game:

In-game Statistics
Highest GNP: USA
Highest MFG: USA
Biggest Army: Commonwealth
Biggest land: Commonwealth
Highest Population: Commonwealth
The highest city production in the world has around 70 hammers.

It looks a bit unbalanced but take into account the following:
- Units are the number of units, nothing about the type or quality;
- Land forces are not included here;

Sorry about the delay. I'm back now and I'm getting an error "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure..." This error is listed here.

Back in the day when I used to play Vanilla PBEM, I always had to switch out the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file in the C:\Program Files\...snip...\Assets folder whether I was playing PBEM or GOTM games. I have never played PBEM in BtS. Does anyone else get this error?

We have to have the same core DLL as the one used to start the game. Can you email yours to us? We all need to be running the same patch too... I have the latest as far as I know.

Edit: 3.19 IIRC

Sorry. I was typing the last post on my phone and I thought you'd be able to figure it out based on the post before.

The file I'm referring to is located in C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets (at least for me) and is called CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Depending on whether or not you have both BtS and Warlords/Vanilla installed and whether you play HOF/xOTM games, the .dll can be different. I'm hoping that if I use yours I'll be able to open this save.

I got the file from Luthor and I'm getting the same error. When I run Asset Checker, I get an error related to the .dll file not matching.

I have Civ IV Complete installed with BtS, Warlords and Vanilla. I play HOF/xOTM games and I run Buffy and sometimes Bug. I have three (now four) .dll files (sizes 5,172 KB (Luthor's), 5,132 KB, 5,132 KB and 4,834 KB). None of them work.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Top Bottom