Version Mismatch

storeslem

Chieftain
Our game files varies from the hosts.

or something like that, is the message I get when connecting to multiplayer games via gamespy. I can connect to the games fine enough though, have yet to start one but will try soon enough. Anyone know what this is about?

Oh yes, I have the latest patch etc.

About time someone else posted about this..I get that also but I Have same version as host but can still play the game. No amount of clean installs corrects it.

I too have the same problem. The only difference is we are playing this via direct IP in a home network. All 3 computers (2 laptops and a desktop) were installed and upgraded to the latest version the same way. The 2 laptops are fine. The desktop is the 1 with the error message!

Can anyone help???

I get this message too, playing in GameSpy. It is mainly other people who get it when they are joining games that I host, just when they enter the game setup room. One player says that he associates this problem with not being able to re-enter the game later. I'm running patch 1.52 with no mods. Others running 1.52 get the message. Sometimes the game will run, sometimes not. Sometimes the map will load but no one can make their first unit moves -- units seem frozen on the map, but otherwise the interface seems intact. Sometimes I cannot join games and get a CTD, with the message that my save file is being protected to ensure that the contents of my mod folder are not changed. I'm not running any mods and my mod folder is empty. Others report that my game is showing in the forum as firewalled, when both my Windows XP firewall and my router firewall are both down (not operating) AND have been programmed with the correct port numbers found elsewhere in this forum. I am an A+ certified PC tech and a lifelong strategic gamer, in great admiration for Firaxis folks and wanting to help in any way I can. Please, if you know, or find out, anything about these problems, send me a direct email. I desperately want to play this game with my kids on home network, and with our friends over GameSpy and direct IP. Firaxis, keep up the good work! I know you will resolve these problems. God, but it's frustrating!

"The save file you have selected has been protected to make sure the assets in your mod files have not been changed"

-Quote from Civ 4 after joining a saved direct IP game from either host of different save files of the same game

-note: I also get the "running different versions" error, even after reinstalls and repatching to 1.52

-all firewalls are off/routed around

-no mods

-and yes, the game drops whoever joined

Experiencing the same symptoms..

We had a lan party a couple of weeks back with 8 computers. My laptop was the only one to produce the error message. Luckily I could still play. The real problems arose when we first saved the game, and later continued from the save. Then I got the same message as Sturgus:

"The save file you have selected has been protected to make sure the assets in your mod files have not been changed"

And so I was unable to play further. No matter how many times I tried to clean install.

Top Bottom