Erebus

The Chimera is a mess of of conflicting instincts. It wants to eat small furry things, to gain fat for the coming winter. It wants to find its pack mates and show its dominance, and it is interested in the scent of wolf in heat nearby. It wants to flap its legs and soar away.

But beyond the thoughts and feelings of each head, which indicate that it was at one time three seperate beasts, perhaps, is a compulsion quite unnatural to knock down these travellers and drag one away.
And beyond that is a hint of terror and confusion. You won't be able to manipulate it.

"Wait, we have to find out whats going on first! Let me search their minds," Tsanal whispers. He first tries to scan the minds of the humans, and then the Chimera, also searching for enchantments on the Chimera, trying to find out who or what is controlling it.

Mryddyn realises that this creature is as unnatural as the Drown, or the undead deer which Tsanal created. however he feels some pity for the poor confused beast. the clashing instincts would normally have ripped Mryddyn himself apart if he ever attempted such an insane transformation. surely some powerful magic must be behind this, or else the creature would surely have destroyed itself. and the urge to attack even though it is so confused and afraid is disturbing.

Whilst Tsanal scans the mind of the bests prey Mryddyn sends the information he gathered on the Chimera to his fellow adventures.

When Tsanal gives the word that we can attack Mryddyn will then channel all his attention and faith into stopping this creature from mauling the 2 men and woman. he fills his soul with the growth of ages, and draws on Cernunnous's power and channels it all into the vegetation surrounding the beast. if the spell was successful the vegetation will burst into furious growth, ripping at the creature's flesh and entangling it.

He will then draw his bow and fire an arrow at the Eagle head.

The minds of the humans show only fear now. A bear, eagle and wolf attacking together would be difficult to handle, not to mention this mutant.

The Chimera has definitely a charm upon it. It gives the most artificial feeling you have ever had. Even the Drowned felt more natural. Its mind doesn't show any control, it's clearly a rogue now, despite of the clear mutilation of its mind.

Mryddyn uses all his might to bring the vegetation to move and entangle the creature. Some roots and branches wrap around it, enough to slow it for a few seconds but the bear will certainly rip them off.

The couple of seconds the beast is slowed is just enough for Ken. He concentrates his magic of entropy, destruction of life, to the beast. He feels the power, but it can't escape his body. With a gust of courage he sneaks to the creature and touches it.

As his finger passes through the fur, some signs of decay begin to show. A sickly greenish black spot appears and begins to grow slowly. A stench of rot fills the air as he draws back, just in time to avoid the eagle's strike.

The wither gradually covers the whole creature. It half writhes in pain, wanting to withdraw, but the other half of its mind keeps it fighting. A even more fearsome sight than before, it leaps towards the sword-bearing man, ripping through his leg with its great claws.

Mipe sneaks to the creature and slices the eagle head off it with a quick strike with his dagger.

Mryddyn takes his bow and tries to aim for the creature. It isn't exactly difficult but finding a vulnerable spot is much harder, especially with only so much skill with a bow. Nonetheless, he sends one of his arrows towards the beast. It hits a black withered spot, causing even more pain, but going through the skin easily, and sticks about four inches deep.

The woman now thrusts her spear through the abomination's body. It is critically injured and it won't take a long time before it will finally die from its wounds or the decay.

"Eek!" Munak quickly takes a step back.

A while later, Munak tries to start some conversation with the woman. "So... you've got some strange wildlife running around here."

"Tsanal, this beast is unnatural, surely you must have felt the enchantemnt on it? do you think you could locate the source of the enchantment?"

When the beast is dead, Mryddyn will rush to the dwarf that was mauled and check if he is still alive. if he is not (which i expect) Mryddyn will move towards the three people who were attacked, and sends out waves of calming and soothing thoughts to try and get them to calm down. when they are thinking straight again, he will say:
"im afraid your companinon (he motions to the dwarf) will not make it, but please, let me tend your wounds, (he motinos to the mans leg that was gashed by the bear) particularly that one."
while he works on stemming the flow of blood from the wound on the mans leg, Mryddyn asks the other 2 people why that thing was attacking them.

The Chimera keeps writhing in agony for some time before you realise that it's not a threat anymore and finish its suffering.

The others are clearly relieved although the dwarf is dead. Mryddyn has a look at their wounds, and his healing salve comes handy now. The injured leg seems bad, it might get blood poisoning or something, but the woman's face will only get scarred.

"Thanks for saving our lives. We couldn't have handled that beast on our own."

Munak tries to start some conversation with the woman. "So... you've got some strange wildlife running around here."

"We aren't from around here, so we don't know what kind of creatures live here. Though we didn't expect anything like this to exist."

"Do you have any clue why it attacked you?" Mryddyn asks them

"No, we were just passing through and it came from the bushes trying to kill us", the woman replies.

"Might you be amurites, coming from Paradera, as you have such magical powers?"

"Chimera... I'm not any experts of magic but, doesn't the fact there is a chimera mean that there is a powerful mage somewhere near?"

Originally Posted by zxcvbnm
The dwarf is dead, the others are clearly relieved.

That's so rude!

ooc: ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: oh you crack me up :D

ehem

Whilst Mryddyn tries to clense the leg wound again he replies "i myself am not an amurite but Ken, Tsanal and Mipe here are." (and then says to no one in general: )"Im going to need to stock up on some more herbs and healing supplies"

"Ooh can I join you? My father said that one of the tasks of a priest is to heal people and tend to their wounds. I figure I might learn a few things from you."

Tsanal walks over to the corpse of the Chimera, and says: "It it interesting that there is a Chimera here, it points to the works of a powerful mage. But the fact that it has broken free... Well, it is not good. I'm afraid that the mage probably will have more servants, which we may encounter.
Still, it's a fascinating piece of work. I think I'd like to study it..." Tsanal examines the corpse for a bit, and then continues: "Eh, do you mind if I take it with us? I'll try to enchant it to stop the decay, and the deer should be able to carry it if I reinforce it's enchantments. And if it can't... Well, I'm sure I'll find some other way."
If the others let him, Tsanal then tries to enchant the corpse. He will also ask the humans if they'd like him to try to preserve the corpse of the dwarf, at least until he can get a proper burial. If they do, he'll do his best.

Mryddyn, although naturally adverse to Tsanals fascination with corpses and undeath, follows him and examines the corps of the beast with him.
eventually he nods reluctantly that he wont mind Tsanal to bring the chimera along: "although, i dont see how that huge beast can be carried by that small deer. the corpse will drag along the ground.
cant you just store it somewhere and then teleport it to you when you need it? people might not like it that were draging a magical monstrocity around with us. even if it dosnt stink.
good luck in reanimating that one though, its body is all but destroyed from the fighting instincts of the beast, id be surprised if you get it to even stand."

To Munak Mryddyn happily says: "id be happy to tech you about healing. well need to find a herbalist in the next town we go to."

To Munak Mryddyn happily says: "id be happy to tech you about healing. well need to find a herbalist in the next town we go to."

That might be interesting, if you don't mind, i may sit in on these sessions, and try to glean some knowledge. you never know when it could be useful.

Mryddyn, laughing now, partially from the elation from defeatig the chimera, and partialy from relising he's gaining a few followers says: "certainly, i have never had a class before though (he grins cheekily)"

(Oh btw, someone should probably ask the new guys who they are and where they're travelling to)

Indeed, as you examine the corpse, the man with the sword comes over to interupt you.

"Again, thanks, but I notice you are not without disturbing powers," he indicates the animated deer, "I trust that this abomination that killed my good sergent Odwin is not your doing? As you have aided us, I'll assume not, but you'll forgive my suspicions. "

The hunter comes over, touching gingerly a welt on his face. "Understandable suspicions, Captain Larsa, but I doubt these travelers are so powerful as to be able to create this beast. It appears seamless, and that was chaos magic it turned against me. I've heard tales that some powerful magicians have created beasts such as this, but I've not seen one before, nor heard any hints that they could wield any any magic." He nods to you all. "I am Rayne, and I too am an Amurite, hired by the Captain to lead them to Glorairine. We had just begun to break camp when this beast came upon us."

The captain sheathed his sword. "Aye, and for your help we are grateful. I am Kuriotate by birth, though I haven't seen home for some time. I am a Captain of the Guild of the Nine; we are tasked with setting a branch in Glorairine--Cairn, Odwin, and myself."

"Captain," his female friend says, "we should resume, I've no desire to linger here after this."

"But we've one duty left, Cairn. Remember, first honor." He pulls a small spade from their pack horse's load, walking over to a tree after a moments reflection, and begins to dig a grave for his friend.

"yes, i can understand why you would be suspicious, (mryddyn sends Tsanal an "i told you so" glance) though Captain Rayne here tells the truth, we are not very powerful and the level of sophistication for the manipulation of these poor creatures is fenominal. if some lesser mage had attempted it the beast would have surely destroyed itself from its clashing instincts. and you say it attacked you with magic?"

Mryddyn pauses to think for a while and eventually says: "captain, do you think this attack could have been staged by a rival guild? i heard there is a guild founded by a rogue wizard of exceptional skills, perhaps this beast was one of his creations? perhaps the other guild does not want the Guild of the Nine to get a foothold ing Glorairine..."

Mryddyn ends with offering to help bury the deceased dwarf.

Top Bottom