Civ Cuisine

yturk39

Warlord
I'm trying to remember all of the interesting dishes that other Civs offer from time to time in diplomatic dialog, and I can only remember three.

Huayna Capac (Smoked Hamster)

Genghis Khan (Boiled Yak)

Suryavarman II (Mango)

Are there any others?

I'm sure the Greeks offer stuffed vine leaves, but I may be mis-remembering (it being late where I am in the world).

And don't the Romans offer grapes?

All leader diplo screen quotes are somewhere in the game assets folders, wait a minute ... found them:

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4DiplomacyText
---> for the vanilla leaders

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_Warlords_Diplomacy
---> for leaders who first appeared in warlords

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS
---> for bts leaders

Comes complete with French, German, Italian, and Spanish translations. Here's what I've found:

vanilla
  • Julius caesar - salad "he made himself" - obvious play on the myth that caesar salad was invented by julius caesar
  • roosevelt - martini
  • huayna capac - the aforementioned smoked hamster
  • kublai khan - "kung pao yak"
warlords
  • mehmed II - figs and sherbet
  • churchill - tea and crumpets
bts
  • suryavarman - mango

All leader diplo screen quotes are somewhere in the game assets folders, wait a minute ... found them:

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4DiplomacyText
---> for the vanilla leaders

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_Warlords_Diplomacy
---> for leaders who first appeared in warlords

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS
---> for bts leaders

Comes complete with French, German, Italian, and Spanish translations. Here's what I've found:

vanilla
  • Julius caesar - salad "he made himself" - obvious play on the myth that caesar salad was invented by julius caesar
  • roosevelt - martini
  • huayna capac - the aforementioned smoked hamster
  • kublai khan - "kung pao yak"
warlords
  • mehmed II - figs and sherbet
  • churchill - tea and crumpets
bts
  • suryavarman - mango

I was half right about the tea.

I don't really remember any strange cuizine offers in specific, but why does everyone want to sing "Kumbaya" with me :mad:

Top Bottom