Civ IV Live Streaming

As early game is usually where the least mistakes can be made, one particular thing that I'm interested in seeing is how TMIT manages to expand quickly enough to grab enough land when it is not possible to simply cut off a chokepoint to prevent the AI from expanding further. All his YouTube games seem to begin like that so far. Let's Play Justinian, for instance, simply requires blocking off the immediate north and south of the capital, and there's plenty of land to expand to. Another one of his series has him begin at the south end of a continent, and so he only has to block the north side.

Yeah, cam studio bit me there. You guys didn't miss much though, just some warrior coast-wrapping and planting a couple on defensive tiles...nothing the other videos didn't show.

As for the blocks, it is pretty rare on immortal to not be able to get 6-8 cities! The only strange game IMO was justinian.

Yeah, cam studio bit me there. You guys didn't miss much though, just some warrior coast-wrapping and planting a couple on defensive tiles...nothing the other videos didn't show.

As for the blocks, it is pretty rare on immortal to not be able to get 6-8 cities! The only strange game IMO was justinian.

Blocking in this new game seems pretty easy too. Your capital already can handle the west, and a single city blocks the north. And yeah, I'd say that ideally, when I'm playing Emperor, I'd like to get about 10 cities, and if I can then I'm happy.

...disbanded Lagos! Well there goes the notion of needing 9 cities and 3 religions to win culture.

Great stuff there. Really hilighted Artists, which improved my culture game (which I love as a victory, but I'm not great at), and showcased some awesome diplomacy too.

Any plans for the next stream?
:)

I'm going to do more youtube videos for now instead. Until I can get consistent savage of live stream, it's a bit impractical (I also play very erratically timewise).

I found a few ways that make the videos watchable while still not making the youtube recordings take forever, alleviating some of the pressure to not do them.

If your internet connexion is very good you might want to skip the long process of compressing the video files and uploading them to youtube in their original format.

And if you are already doing that, maybe try the inverse... compressing the video files before a long upload might be faster depending on your processor.

If your internet connexion is very good you might want to skip the long process of compressing the video files and uploading them to youtube in their original format.

And if you are already doing that, maybe try the inverse... compressing the video files before a long upload might be faster depending on your processor.

Actually it was the audio-compression after each 10 minute segment via camstudio that was slowing me most. I can swap avi to mp4 easily in batch, so I can just walk away or even play civ, come back in an hour or so and that's done. Uploads seem to take about 5 minutes each...maybe 10? I don't know. Fast enough. But sitting there waiting for audio compression was such a drag, so I just don't do it anymore. I just give updates as to what I was doing during that time, which cuts out about 7 segments or so and yet IMO still touches on things pretty well.

Awesome TMIT, thanks for keeping us updated at least :)

I'll have to start checking out the Let's Play videos

Top Bottom