Need some advice on strategy!

Tomgerman

Chieftain
I have quite a dilema. I'm American and I've controlled a good portion of the map (cheiftan.. yeah it's my first game =P). Anyways, the end of the game is rolling around and I see that the Greeks have a score of around 372 whereas I have 330.. even though I'm in the modern age and they aren't. They don't have that large of an empire, and I counted and I have more cities than they do. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm extremely technologically advanced compared to the other civs in my game(I'm slightly into my modern age techs, whereas every is in the previous age).. I have bombers, marines, battleships... ect.. the Greeks are the second best and their best unit is a musketman.. I tried to send transports loaded with infantry and marines to conquer them and I could only grab one of their costal cities before loosing.. I have a plethora of bombers.. though they can't really blow cities up or do much damage.. so sending them on aircraft carries wouldn't be a good idea I don't think... anyways, any strategies on how I can win this game would be greatly appreciated or any strategies I should employ in a future game to ensure success. Thanks :)

About the score: It's an average from all the turns, so even if you completetely annihilated the greeks, they would still have a score advantage on you - at least for sometime, but of course their score would be dropping every round, as yours would be going up. - Even at the moment, because you're currently doing better then they are, you're getting closer and closer every round on score.

You didn't state what year you're at at the moment.

It took my first victory by UN-vote, so if you have time, that might be the easiest way, if you have time to research that far in the technology tree. Otherwise, I would suggest just destroying everyone else, if you don't want to win just by rank(=score).

Good luck.

Solution for all this "how to conquer and get pass of them in scores", is army. Army with three modern tanks or best attacker you have, can crash almost any unit and if you have Military Academy, there won't be any problems. And if you just don't have armys, make "a Soviet attack". Put every city to build military units and move them to Greeks border. I think that if you build your supreme units so that every citys have built two or more units and moved them to border. Make demand and if Greeks refuse, make them suffer.
:rocket2:

There ain't war where tactics of mass hasn't make a point (meaning only in the game;)).

It's good day to die... or at least get wounded (Purple Heart in my eyes...:cool: *whistle and sing*).

Well, if you have lots of bombers, use them. Do you still have that coastal city? Re-base your bombers there and fly them out from there. There are three things that come to mind right away that bombers can do that will probably affect their score.

1) Decrease the population of the cities. I'm pretty sure population is a part of the score.

2) Take out some of the improvements in the cities. Especially the ones that build culture and the ones that add to the happiness.

3) Destroy the improvements. Especially roads to the luxuries. Isolate their capital if you can. You can probably send some cities into disorder. If you get lucky, you might even be able to send the entire government into anarchy.

I think you'll really want to launch a D-Day invasion of some sort, though. There are lots of good posts in this forum on how to do that. How about trying to land a force of your best defenders on a mountain square, with a worker to build a fortress there? You might be able to take out most of their musketmen if they're dumb enough to keep throwing them at you. If you use it as a diversion, and use your bombers to disrupt the rail lines, you might be able to trap their defenders there while you mount a major offensive on the other side of the continent.

You're in the Modern Age and your score is only 330? That seems remarkably low to me, I'm generally well past 2K score when I hit Modern, and normally win somewhere in Modern. I've been playing my games on Regent.

Regardless, score is the average of your score each turn. This means no uber-pumping luxuries and happiness in the last turn to get a max score. Population size is a primary component of score, followed extremely closely by population mood (happy and content score, unhappy does not). Basically, build a huge civ with large city populations who worship every day that they live in your civilization to get a great score. Run a despotic civilization where they all curse your name and cower from your shadow, score will be lower.

Top Bottom