Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
My school is cancelled, but now I need to completely redo my end of school countdown in my daily planner :(

I have to write a senior reflection to be allowed to graduate. So, i took my anger out on the whole program by mocking them.

Thomas Berube-Giguere
March 1, 2009
Senior reflection
Stanger

The entire School to Career program was infinitely helpful, narrowing down my career to two choices, either Guidance counselor or School to Career Administrator, neither of which I considered before going through the program. Also because of the program, I have abandoned all plans of a useless career along the lines of doctor, teacher, or traveling philanthropist.
The School to Career program taught me that the transition from school to work is nonexistent, as teachers try to create no difference between the class room and the workplace, usually with the helpful line “in real life…” or “when your Boss…” Therefore, I believe that my High School education has adequately prepared me for my future career, be it as a garbage man, Fortune 500 CEO, or Guidance counselor.
As a result of these classes, I have learned how to singlehandedly navigate the treacherous waters of the Capitalist system, find a need, fill it, create a company, and steer it to be a multi-billion dollar business, rivaling Google and Microsoft.
The Time Tracker/ School planner was both the savior and the bane of my high school career. While first I used it to keep track of my assignments and of due dates, slowly, over time, I began to use it for more than that. Beginning my sophomore year, I began to pour my heart out to it, writing my deepest confessions. By junior year, it had replaced all of my closest friends, occupying a special place in my heart. I kept it with me at all times, comforted by its soothing presence. Soon, I became convinced it was speaking back to me, answering my deepest thoughts. I stopped eating; the planner was my sole sustenance. In fear of my waning health, my parents staged an intervention. They took the planner away, and since then, have kept it out of my hands. I have started to reconnect with society, to reform the bonds with others that I had lost during my time in high school. I am much better now, but I’m still afraid that I’ll fall back into my despair, should I see a planner.
Much to my chagrin, I have never participated in S.T.E.P. Much as I have tried to rationalize this poor decision, it has come back to haunt me. I know not what possessed me to not preview my career choice, but, should the chance to preview “Presidential Inauguration speech writer” present itself again, I will jump at the chance to test it.
Both my short term and long term goals are simple. I want to reform the Nation’s entire school system to focus more completely on the School to Career program. Obviously, it was the most essential part of High School, and should play an even greater part our student’s education and our country’s future. As such, we should eliminate all AP classes, which are an unnecessary drain on the minds of students who should be concentrating wholly on furthering their careers.

Lucky east coast getting all the snow. :mad:

I wish I could find the courage to do something like that one day. :salute:

That is epic winnage.

I have to write a senior reflection to be allowed to graduate. So, i took my anger out on the whole program by mocking them.

You are awesome. You embody awesomeness. You are the epitome of nerd-style nonconformism. I applaud your excellent and extraordinary accomplishments. :salute:

I already had a a day of no school, so now the potential of waking up early in the morning to find school was canceled was ruined. And now everyone else has off, so all of my friends will want to do fun stuff but I will be inside doing the following:

-Theology paper
-Iranian economy powerpoint
-2 Physics lab reports
-constructing a binder of all of my Physics web-assigns.
-A physics Web-Assign
-A geography project
-2 Papers for English.

#%*&^ (*&(*& *&^ *&^* ()* (*& * &^& *^%& ^%* &(*(*& *(*& (*& (*&( *&(* &(* &(*& (*&

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddd. For the first time in 13 years of playing guitar I forgot my instrument at my high school. Craaaaaapppp that thing is worth 5000 euros :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please tell me nobody stole it, pleassseeee..... please please please.... Oh &(&^$! And the worst is that I'm completely stuck here for the next hour or so and it will take me at least 45 minutes to get back there and take it if it's still there. :cry:

It would be a nightmare, oh come on, don't come true..... :cry: Doooooonnnn't!!!!!

My country appears to be heading into serious economic and political meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom