Announcing BUFFY

If you disable NJAGC then it will display the turn number correctly. However I still haven't worked out how to get it to display the total turns number. Perhaps something changed in the 3.19 patch? :dunno:

I got the total turns to show by hand editing the WB file and setting the MaxTurns by hand. Apparently WB does not populate figuring Speed will determine. But the only way to see the correct turn # is disabling NJAGC. So I suspect this is a bug not related to W7.

BeginGame
Era=ERA_RENAISSANCE
Speed=GAMESPEED_EPIC
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_FLIPPING
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_GOODY_HUTS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_EVENTS
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
GameTurn=277
MaxTurns=700
MaxCityElimination=0
NumAdvancedStartPoints=3645
TargetScore=0
StartYear=-4000
Description=
ModPath=
EndGame

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 82
hey does anyone know if theres a way to run this with another mod also? cuz it'd be nice to have it run side by side with another mod, as BUFFY is really more like visual stuff...

hey does anyone know if theres a way to run this with another mod also? cuz it'd be nice to have it run side by side with another mod, as BUFFY is really more like visual stuff...
Check the FAQ in the 4th post. I've been updating that. The short answer is NO.

I got the total turns to show by hand editing the WB file and setting the MaxTurns by hand. Apparently WB does not populate figuring Speed will determine. But the only way to see the correct turn # is disabling NJAGC. So I suspect this is a bug not related to W7.
I don't have any problem with NJAGC with my BUFFY.3.19.001.

So far everything has looked good except the Turn Count display. Tried a creating test map for SGOTM 10 and it I can not get it to show either the correct turn, max turns, or %.

See screenshot.
I cannot replicate this issue. Some questions for you ...

Do you have time victory turned off?
Is your game really starting in 1285AD? If so, how?
Can you provide a screenie of the game setup that borks the clock?

I recently created a game with BUFFY-3.19.001 and I was able to identify an unknown AI as Gandhi, even though I hadn't met him yet. This is because he shows up in the diplo glance screen (someone is his worst enemy).

I definitely hadn't met Gandhi because I got the 'nice to meet you' screen a few turns later, when his Caravel entered my territory.

Does anyone know if this a BUFFY bug, a 3.19 patch bug, or something else? This is a standard game (Renaissance start).

Attachments

• worst enemy0000.JPG
    worst enemy0000.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 95
Is it possible to add BUFFY to existing mods (both from CFC and the ones included?) After I played using BUFFY for the first time, I was reluctant to play other mods because of the usefulness of BUFFY! :lol::crazyeye: Good job guys :goodjob:

I recently created a game with BUFFY-3.19.001 and I was able to identify an unknown AI as Gandhi, even though I hadn't met him yet. This is because he shows up in the diplo glance screen (someone is his worst enemy).

I definitely hadn't met Gandhi because I got the 'nice to meet you' screen a few turns later, when his Caravel entered my territory.

Does anyone know if this a BUFFY bug, a 3.19 patch bug, or something else? This is a standard game (Renaissance start).

I have seen this as well, but it was certainly before I installed BUFFY. So it was either there in BUG or in BtS itself.

What's Chipotle DeBug mode? I saw it in the shortcuts tab in the Sevopedia. I tried it, but it didn't do much but reveal the map and all AI, but I couldn't do anything involving the DeBugging of the game. (on a related note, but not to BUFFY, how do you use the DeBug mode you get when you press the squiggly line key?)

@ Denniz: Yes, I actually wanted to start w/ a clean slate so I re-installed BTS, just to make sure there wasn't a change I hadn't accounted for in any of the config files. Patched BTS to 3.19, and I am attaching the pythonerr file for intelligent-computer peoples' perusal. Thanks for the help, I hope I'm not just doing something stupid...

EDIT: After reloading, BUFFY worked as a mod, but I was having Shyuhe's problem. Changed customassets, works great. Thanks for the time, didn't mean to hose that up. Does anyone know if we can use this for BOTM 20 yet?

Attachments

• BUFFY pythonerr log.txt
    10 KB · Views: 93
Just a small confirmation.... BUFFY does not include the 3.19 UP, right?

BUFFY and BULL include almost all of the 3.19 UP fixes.

I recently created a game with BUFFY-3.19.001 and I was able to identify an unknown AI as Gandhi, even though I hadn't met him yet.

This is in the original game and is something the UP should probably address.

am i the only one who's game crashes 90% of the time when i reload a save now?

i don't know if this is related to buffy or just my game, but mang.. ever since i started playing buffy this happens 8-9 times out of 10 now.

decide to load an earlier autosave cuz i changed my mind on something and boom.. crash.

I get CTD with BUFFY if I reload a game in the ADs. I've had the same prob with the HoF-mod for a long time.
I like to play private games more lax and still use the mod, but it's not a big issue for me. More and more often I just get on with the game after I make a mistake, even in lax games.

I installed BUFFY as a mod, then created a shortcut to load BtS with with the BUFFY mod. It may be in the forums in another place, but here's how to do it...

1. Right click on your existing BtS shortcut, select Copy
2. Right click on Desktop, select Copy Shortcut
3. Right click on new shortcut, select Properties
4. In the Properties window, select the Shortcut Tab, if not selected
5. Left click in the text box for Target:, scroll all the way to the right (or hit END key)
6. Add mod=/BUFFY-3.19.001 to the end of the text in the text box (no spaces first)
7. Select the General Tab
8. Rename the shortcut to Civ4 BtS BUFFY-3.19.001 or similar
9. Click Apply or OK to close Properties Window

Same procedure works for any mod you like to use for BtS, or Warlords HOF-2.13.003, or Civ4 HOF-1.74.003, or...

I couldn't get BUFFY to load at all until I did this. Vista x64...

I started with a clean install of CIV/Warlords/BtS. Then updated to 3.19. Then installed the latest Blue Marble. Then BUFFY via the .exe file. So it's installed as I mod I believe - not an asset. Would not load until I forced it to by adding the text above to the shortcut properties. Had not had that problem with BUG before (or Blue Marble or any other mod...)

Thanks for the solution Griff!

Still having trouble with old saved games though (even 3.19 ones). So eff it - I'm just going to start over with some new games. I wonder though about playing online games - if I post a save for say - Emperor's Cookbook or Lonely Hearts Club can someone who doesn't have BUFFY open it?

I get CTD with BUFFY if I reload a game in the ADs. I've had the same prob with the HoF-mod for a long time.
I like to play private games more lax and still use the mod, but it's not a big issue for me. More and more often I just get on with the game after I make a mistake, even in lax games.

now that you mention it it was never a problem early in my games, only later on.

yeah the easiest way to avoid it is to just not reload. like you im using the mod for my own private games as well (due to the global warming integrated into it).

anyway, sometimes i'll get 5 or 6 turns into starting something and then change my mind mid-way through it... and then reaching for the last autosave.

now that you mention it it was never a problem early in my games, only later on.

yeah the easiest way to avoid it is to just not reload. like you im using the mod for my own private games as well (due to the global warming integrated into it).

anyway, sometimes i'll get 5 or 6 turns into starting something and then change my mind mid-way through it... and then reaching for the last autosave.

I get a crash if I reload from in the game. If I go to the main menu and then reload it works. I'm planning on doing this until it gets fixed.

I wonder though about playing online games - if I post a save for say - Emperor's Cookbook or Lonely Hearts Club can someone who doesn't have BUFFY open it?

If you use a mod to start a game, all players must have that mod to open the save. This is a fact of Civ4; it's not specific to BUG or BUFFY. This is why BUG has a CustomAssets install method.

I must say ruff_hi, that this is the first time I've ever actually found my question in a FAQ. Very well done sir,:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

I cannot replicate this issue. Some questions for you ...

Do you have time victory turned off?
Is your game really starting in 1285AD? If so, how?
Can you provide a screenie of the game setup that borks the clock?

ruff_hi,
it is on a renaissance start with all but conquest turned off. Here is the save file and 2 screens. one with njagc on and one off. you can see the turn count change from 0 to 277. hopefully this is enough to go on. not the end of the world in any case.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=223277&d=1249270490

Attachments

• Ex 10000.JPG
    Ex 10000.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Ex 20000.JPG
    Ex 20000.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 66
am i the only one who's game crashes 90% of the time when i reload a save now?

i don't know if this is related to buffy or just my game, but mang.. ever since i started playing buffy this happens 8-9 times out of 10 now.

decide to load an earlier autosave cuz i changed my mind on something and boom.. crash.

Are you running vista?
Before I upgraded from Vista to W7, I used to have to first "Exit to main menu" before loading another save file, otherwise I got a crash. Since going to W7 I have not seen, but only been on a week. Almost never saw on XP.

Top Bottom