New SG!!! Regent? Emperor?

I like the idea of a cultural win; I've never done one before, either. With how CI is being built up, I say we go for the 20K culture first. I think this is doable if we can get some high culture wonders. Hopefully we can get a few GLs or SGLs to speed things along, too.

I'm not at home, so I can't check the save to eval. this strat. However, a couple of thoughts: In my experience, the govt. techs, (rep. + Mon.) although highly valued in trades, are not highly valued in priority, if that makes any sense. (They'll pay a fortune for them, but they wait to research them) That would help us w/ the cascade. Second, i would want to check who's building GW on F7 screen and possibly investigate those cities. Agree that HG could have huge impact on 20K possibility. ToA is already helping w/100K possibility, but we'd need more cities and fast to maximize benefit. (ToA expires w/ edu, right?)

As far as diplo, if we wanted to, we could make otto and Alex our little "pets" and look out for them w/ MA etc. (potential dogpile sit. tho). Also, as long as we are honorable in our wars now, don't see why we couldn't repair attitude enough by the end, although I have never tried repairing an attitude before. Is it very difficult to do? I figure a few trades, a gift or two, and a couple thousand years could do wonders, but again I've never tried.

Don't forget one thing about 100K, and that is you also have to have 2x the culture of the closest civ. Once they break 50K+1 the civ has to be wiped out since you can't "destroy" accumulated culture. As far as who's building, I believe they all are. That's an expensive espionage operation, esp where they're building in capitals. I'll go with 20K, and think Reg would go with this, being a self-described builder, so that leaves CQ, who would be up next. If agreed, change CI build queue, and suggest we stay in touch with foreign advisor every turn. As soon as GW completes, we have to have Monarchy if not by then so we can cascade to HG. Then cross our Mayan fingers. FWIW, I would not change the science queue, we've invested I think 8 turns now into Repub. Should be able to trade it for Monarchy w/maybe a little gold thrown in if we have to break the monopoly. Again, don't change govts, we need the shields every turn.

I say we go for the 20K culture first.

There are several OCC reports who show how this could be possible. Also i recommenate a culture calculator to get a clue how many wonders you still need and when you hit the victory.

Microbe -- I am currently using three (I think) mods, snoopy's graphics, mood badges(great for catching disorder!), and a boundaries mod(not shown in previous screenies). I think the ability to customize the appearance, and rules if you so desire, is one of the great features of this game.

Here's a shot with the new borders:

EDIT: dammit, that didn't work like I had hoped!:lol:

hmmm .... you know I'm not sure. It was one of the first things i downloaded when I got the game a few months ago. I just downloaded the first appropriate thing in the thread, I'm sure. If you'd like I could post the files here, i'm pretty sure I still have the zip.....

PS -- sorry for getting a bit off topic here guys. Any word from Conqueror yet? He's almost up to his 24 hrs .....

My impression is that Conquerer checks in every few days, esp when he's due a turn. I'd guess we'll hear something tonight.

While checking in during the lunch hour, I noticed Reg was lurking out there. Hoping for a post to see if everything is ok with him.

Checked in on the thread from work today. Things are OK (which is better than bad but worse than good).

I'll check in tonight once the kids are in bed and if Conquerer hasn't posted a "got it", I can play my turns.

Sorry about the delay all.

I also saw him on, assuming everythiing is OK, he could still take his turn.

Edit: No need for apologies, Reg. This is just a game. Your family is far more important.

allright, here I am, a bit late, I find... I timed it not taking skips into account. I might be back tonight, but if not then tomorrow, probably before lunch. I like the idea of a 20k in CI, but I will keep expanding during my 10 turns. I might start a wonder in CI during then. I'll be back, yo....:mischief:

350 BC - Traded Cermonial Burial to Koreans for 35 Gold. If they're just going to give us money, why not. Traded Polythism to Iroquois for 40 gold. Everyone else is broke.

330 BC - CI Swordsman->Swordsman. Copan Spearman -> Swordsman. Great Wall built in Washington. Everyone else shifts to Great Lighthouse.

310 - Continue to explore

290- CI Sword -> Sword, Tikal Spear->Sword, Yax Spear->Sword. Barb hunting with JT, 25 gold, no slaves

270 Bonampak Marketplace->Sword

250 CI Sword->Sword, Copan Sword->Sword, Las Vegas Spear->Barracks. Galley lost to barbs

230 Get Republic. No Revolution. Next up Feudalism. Calakmul Sword->Sword. Lazapa Spear->Barracks

210 CI Sword->Sword. Lagerto Court->Barracks. Hook up furs near Quiragura

190 Tikal Sword->Sword. Hook up spices near Lagerto. Lots of happy people.

170 CI Sword->Sword. Copan Sword->Sword. Yax Sword->Sword

150 Bonam Sword->Sword

We've got a big military. Conquerer can now go kick some ass.

Save attached

Good turn Reg. Certainly gotta love a bunch of swords. :evil:

I see that Otto has Monarchy, unfortunately he won't sell it to us. If we think we can get it from him w/in 5 or 6 turns, we could switch CI to col. for a quick prebuild. If not, I'm not sure how much chance we'll have at the HG if he gets a 10-15 turn headstart. It will take us 17 turns from whenever we start it.

Looks like things are shaping ok, even better if we manage to swing the HG.

giving that Rdo said I should go kick some @$$, I think I will instead of building. The @$$kick-ee I'll determine based on size. I want to kill the Incas, but I think they might be too big.

The Incas are probably too big to eliminate, but you could easily pick up about four cities, and maybe a couple more depending on how it goes. There may be easier targets (germans, americans) but I think the Incan cities will be the most beneficial in the short term.

Whatever you do make sure to build some settlers in case of auto raze. You just know the other civs are waiting to pounce on any open space.

I also still think you should try a prebuild for HG, see my previous post.

Hidee-ho Hogans! Smokey Jag-man is back with his full report:

preturn- based on power screen, our kick @$$-ee will be the Aztecs. Also, I hate the Aztecs, so its a bit biased.

0- 150 BC fortified sword in CI, sent other three towards Calixtlahuaca, and other four to Atzcapotzalco. From Yaxchilan, sent 1 sword to Atz.

CI sword-> sword

1-130 BC horseman near Incas-> moved towards Atz. warrior near Nuremberg-> moved towards Atz. galley near Inch'on, moved west.

Declared war on Aztecs, We Love GI in Bonampak, Iroquois building TGL, lost galley at sea (shoulda seen that)...

2-110 BC sword on Calix-> kill 1 spear, ditto with another sword.
capture 2 workers, destroy Calix->0 gold
workers to CI. sent leftover swords SW to unknown city.
sword on atzca, we lose

3-90 BC sword on se/sp duo, win and get 2 workers.
sword on atzca, we lose. ditto for 3 MORE SWORDS!
Copan swords and horses- to unknown.
Tikal's swords to Tzint.

CI->sword->sword
Lose spear in Vegas, defeat a sword
Yax->sword->sword
Vegas->barracks->sword

4-70 BC Yax. sword to Atzco
turns out Unknown is Texcoco

lost worker
Bonam->sword->sword
CI->sword->sword

5-50 BC sword on warrior, we win
sword on Atzca, we lose
ditto, we lose again
CI sword to Tex.
Bonam. sword to Tzint.
horse on war., we win
moved Calix swords to Tex.
sword on se/sp duo, we lose
sword on Tex., we lose

6-30BC Quirigua->sword->sword
send it to E.Unknown
sword on war.,we lose
horse runs away from Aztec sword

CI sword-> sword
Copan->sword->sword
Yax.->sword->sword
Lazapa->barracks->sword

8-10BC Yax sword to Atzca
CI sword to Tula
sword on spear, we lose
sword on war., we win
sword on Tzint, we win and kill spear.
ditto, we lose
ditto, we win, take Tzint and raze it. we get 2 workers from the deal.
horse on sword, we lose
sword on sword, we win
sword on Atzca, we lose
Feudalism done, engineering in 12
no revolt at this point

9-10 AD sword on Tex we lose
ditto, we lose
ditto, we lose
ditto, we win
sword on spear, we lose

Tikal->MI->pike
Lagartero->MI->pike