Are there any large land mass maps out there for larger than normal world sizes?

I love a large land mass game, any suggestions of made maps by anyone I could download?

Thanks in advance!

Gramps

Catfish

Is it possible to say start a game, save it so all computer players are in play, then go in and alter the saved map?

By alter I mean cover portions of ocean with land, add rivers and huts.

Can I do this?

Thank you for any assistance!

Gramps!

Such things are possible, but they're not all equally practical. You've listed three things here. Terrain can be altered, somewhat tediously, within the game by hitting Shift+F8. It is not possible to add rivers using this method. For that, use Keu's CivRiver utility (it's command line stuff). For large-scale terrain editing it may be more practical to export the map (Ctrl+Shift+3), edit it using the Civ2 Map Editor (where you can easily add chunks of terrain and rivers) and then import the new terrain data back into your saved game using Dusty Reichwein's MapCopy utility (more command line stuff).

The goody huts can be restored easily enough if you're not particular about which ones: Cheat menu → Scenario Parameters → Restore all goody boxes. As you probably know, goody hut distribution conforms to preset patterns, so you can't place your huts wherever you choose; you can only hide or reveal them. Their presence on the map is determined by tile ownership, in other words, has the tile been visited by a tribe previously? One way to alter this for individual huts would be through hex editing (only recommended for advanced designers), another might be to restore all goody huts (as described earlier), and then place barbarian units (Shift+F1, pick Foreign → Barbarians) on the tiles containing the huts you wish to remove. Delete (Ctrl+Shift+D) the barbarian units when you're done.

Top Bottom