View Info
Spoiler :
Tibet for Civilization IV Warlords v2.08
Version 2.0 by Amra

Info
-----
This will add Tibet to Civ4 Warlords.

Leader - Songtsen Gampo (Animated)
Unique Unit - Dob Dob (replaces Swordsman)
Unique Building - Gompa (replaces University)

Feel free to use this in whatever modpack you may be making or to modify the civ as you see fit.

Installation
------------
Extract this file to your Warlords "Mods" folder within the game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\MODS. It should create a folder called "Amra's Tibet" that will include all of the modified files. In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play.

For easier cutting & pasting into your own modpack, I've noted changes made by me to the xml files in the "XML Changes.txt" file. This file does not list changes made to CIV4FormationInfos.xml as changes to this file are made in several places.

Version History
---------------
** Version 2.0 **
- Updated to Warlords v2.08
- Included a nonshader version of Songtsen
- Removed some unneccessary diplomacy text
- Removed 2nd UU so civ would be inline with other civs
- Added Unique Building (Gompa)

** Version 1.0 **
- Initial version for Civ4 v1.61 (included 2 UU's)

Credits
-------
- Extended Color Table by SimCutie (modified)
- Dob Dob model/skin by SeZereth

Known Issues
------------
- Some video cards may render the Tibet flag incorrectly or as white only

Tibet civ for Civilization IV (Patch 1.61)
Version 1.0 by Amra

DOWNLOAD

View Info
Spoiler :
This will add Tibet to Civ4. It includes 1 animated leader (Songtsen Gampo), 2 Unique Units (Khampa Horseman & Dob Dob) and Pedia entries for all. This is part of my ALH Modpack and I offer it here as is. Feel free to use this in whatever modpack you may be making or to modify the civ as you see fit.

If someone would like a version of this civ with a static LH and only one UU, then let me know. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to whip up a patch for that.

Installation
------------
Extract this file to your "Mods" folder within the game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS. It should create a folder called "Amra's Tibet". In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play. You may have to hold the shift key down when restarting Civ4 in order to clear the cache.

For easier cutting & pasting into your own modpack, I've noted changes made by me to the xml files in the "XML Changes.txt" file. This file does not list changes made to CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml and CIV4FormationInfos.xml as changes to these two files are made in several places.

Credits
-------
- Dob Dob model/skin by SeZereth
- Khampa Horseman skin by Mumin
- Extended Color Table by SimCutie

Reserved for future use

FREE TIBET !! ! ! ! ! !
as i meditate myself, i like to see tibet in, those warrior monks should slay the hell out of their enemies!

well would it be bad to say let tibet conquer china in civ4 ;) ???

THIS should not be topic of discussion!

seZereth said:
FREE TIBET !! ! ! ! ! !
as i meditate myself, i like to see tibet in, those warrior monks should slay the hell out of their enemies!

well would it be bad to say let tibet conquer china in civ4 ;) ???

THIS should not be topic of discussion!

I agree SeZereth (Thanks for the great Warrior Monks BTW). This is just a game and I really do not want to open a political can of worms. :D

Why have 2 uu... it makes them overpowered and unbamced the game like your other 2 mods youre making them over powered ....

war65 said:
Why have 2 uu... it makes them overpowered and unbamced the game like your other 2 mods youre making them over powered ....

I created these civs for my modpack which has two UU's for ALL the civs. I anticipated that other players would only want one UU and in my first post offered to make a one UU version or patch. I will interpret your post as an official request for that. :)

Give me a few days & I will post a link. On the subject of a change, is anyone interested in a static LH as well?

Great LH barely even looks like it was skinned off of Mao.

This is supa' cool! I hadn't been playing Civ for awhile, but I think you've just enticed me back in.

Monks...with swords...and their called Dob dobs...

That's just too great to pass up. Much thanks! :D

Edit: Does anyone know how to easily/more easily mod a civ into the 18civ Earth map?

Impressive. Next week i'll put the dob dobs to work on a standard map crammed full of chinese, japanese, indian and mongolian civs. See how much tibet can conquer.

Thanks guys!

Full credit for the Warrior Monks (Dob Dobs) goes to SeZereth. He made those a while back and is part of the reason I made this civ since I wanted to include them in my game. They seemed a good fit for Tibet :D

Amra, it seems you make magnificant stuff without much effort.
If it's possible, adding this to your leader modpack would be awesome.

Leif said:
Amra, it seems you make magnificant stuff without much effort.
If it's possible, adding this to your leader modpack would be awesome.

Thanks. Already done, just haven't posted it yet. I'm in a testing phase to see if I have eliminated my CTD problem with the modpack. Hope to release a new version soon.:D

monaco i said:
I dont understand i loaded ur mod but i see no trace of Tibet in the Game!HELP!
Did you extract the archive to the "Mods" directory under the game directory? If you didn't change the default game installation directory, it should be something like "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS". Now, look at that folder in windows explorer and see if there is a folder in it called "Amra's Tibet". And within that folder should be all the mod files, such as a folder called "Assets" and a file named "tibet readme.txt".

If you see all of the above, then it sounds like you installed it correctly. The next question is, did you go into "advanced" & the "Load a Mod" after starting the game? Is my mod listed there?

Version 2.0 for Warlords v2.08 has been linked in post#1 and the Download Database.

Top Bottom