Thorvald of Lym

A Little Sketchy
Welcome to the new age of DYOS! Before you begin, perhaps you would like to look back on the Good Ol' Days?

DYOS 1 - Lost
DYOS 2 - Deleted by Will of the Mods
DYOS 3 - Lost
DYOS 4 - Lost
DYOS 5 - Lost
DYOS 6 - Lost
DYOS 7 - Lost
DYOS 8 - Lost
DYOS 9 - Lost
DYOS 10

CURRENT STORY CONCLUDING: See the Consulate for discussion of next thread

After past few disastrous threads, DYOS has been fortified with a host of new rules, in the hope of making your experience more enjoyable. We also feature a consul (see below) to try and keep DYOS fluent and fun. If you have any questions, ask the consul!

Rules of DYOS

* A poster can contribute ONE comic every 12 hours, and no more than ONE comic by the same poster at a time.
* No direct harm or spontaneous plot change involving another poster's character without said poster's consent.
* Maximum of 3 main characters per poster. Minor characters unlimited.
* Posters may use armies on the condition that they do not involve assaults against other posters. No army 'heroes', either.
* No flaming, period. Report infractions to a moderator.
* No unreasonable weapons or plot twists.
* NO time travel, NO parallel universes, and NO MAGIC.
* NO POWERGAMING!
* Nothing forbidden by the CFC rules.
* Above all else: RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS!

Anyone who so wishes may contribute to the story. All artistic styles are accepted.
Please put effort into your cartoon. Avoid cheaply-done Cut-and-Paste, if possible.
Above all else, have FUN!!

The DYOS Consul

DYOS is now run by a consul. Any forumer who posts a cartoon is automatically entered into the consulate, and can debate on issues relating to the story. To avoid cluttering this thread, discussions will occur in a separate thread devoted solely to the consul (link below). To pass a motion, a majority vote of 66% of the consulate is required. If, however, a week has passed and no further action has been taken regarding the motion, the vote will be tallied as it stands. Members are suspended from the consulate if they have not contributed to the story for a week (they are automatically reinstalled when they post a new cartoon). If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, please be courteous and notify the consul beforehand.

The consul oversees the following:
* Planning and organizing the story
* Placing posters on probation (see below)
* Expelling posters from the consulate (and thus, involvement in the story)
* Decisions regarding the future of the thread itself

If a poster has violated any of the rules, the consulate will vote to place the perpetrator on probation.
1st Probation: 2 days between comics
2nd Probation: 3 days between comics
3rd Probation: 5 days between comics
If the offender continues to break the rules, the consul may suspend the offender indefinitely.

Note that the intent of the consul is not to control the story's contributors, but to improve plot coherency, and hopefully the story overall. Whether or not you are a contributor or observer, please feel free to voice your recommendations. We're here as much for your enjoyment as our own!

The DYOS Consul

Link to the Consul

Members:
(Suspended names in brackets)
Angst; (Bratmon); (kulade); Vice-Consul CivGeneral; (Captain2); choxorn; CivCube; DaemonDD; e350tb; Gruekiller; (Huayna Capac357); Kan' Sharuminar; (kill fire); (Macha); (Mjwhear); (mythmonster2); (NedimNapoleon); (Omega124); Triumvir Perfection; Stylesjl; First Lady Stylesrj; (SuperBeaverInc.), taillesskangaru; (Taniciusfox); Consul Thorvald of Lym; (Zack)

9 votes needed for majority ruling

First Probation:
none :goodjob:

Second Probation:

Third Probation:

Expelled:

I made my own character.

Lovin it so far, will create comic sooner or later.

Wonderful, lord joakim. :goodjob:

I notice that Perfection's comic is a Red x. It's been Red X'd Already? Seriously?

choxorn, I'm honored. :)

And it doesn't show at me either. It showed last night.

Wonderful, lord joakim. :goodjob:

I notice that Perfection's comic is a Red x. It's been Red X'd Already? Seriously?

It's been rehosted.

Not sure if I should post my comic since it involves two characters that are in the DYOS X part II :blush:.

Eh, they are just cyborgs anyways.

Or, I don't know.

Release Alyx?

Top Bottom