Gotm 131

Game Settings:
Map: Special map, 64x64, round; 6 civ's
Ten technologies are known: two civs know 5, two know 3, and three know 2 (you are one of these.)
The above two excerpts are at odds with each other; the latter implies there are 7 (not 6) civs. Also, looking at Demographics in -4000 (before play) shows Indians are 7th in some categories which again implies 7 civs.

I started playing last night and I am wondering whether all hut outcomes are possible. For my first hut I settled on my choice of outcome after over 20 tries. For my second I tried for about 20 minutes (probably close to 100 tries) before getting tired and giving up. Not once did I get a nomad or advacned tribe. I know if you have a none settler it decreases (or perhaps eliminates) your chance of getting a nomad. But I do not think that is the case with Advanced Tribes.

From what I remember, if you can "support" one NON settler for each 8 of your cities, and if you have more than that, nomads are suppressed. Also, you only get advanced tribes if the hut is in a location that the AI thinks is "good." These might explain your difficulties. It is probably worth looking up the hut outcomes paper if you are planning on playing this game.

Thank you Prof. Garfield. I could not remember the details. I should look up the hut outcomes research.

The above two excerpts are at odds with each other; the latter implies there are 7 (not 6) civs. Also, looking at Demographics in -4000 (before play) shows Indians are 7th in some categories which again implies 7 civs.

I still haven't played this one. When playing I will check if it's 6 or 7 civ's.

I have played till +1500 and just started the space race. I am going out of town and cannot finish by the 1st. Could we please have a one week extension?

Top Bottom