[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

ambrox62

Emperor

Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Pack 1

Version 10 released - Jun 30, 2011

The pack is fully compatible with latest vanilla patch

Hi everyone, I present these civs which belong to the ancient mediterranean history.
Including vanilla Romans, Greeks, Egyptians and Persians, you have a total of 14 ancient civs to play together in a game or scenario.

Download HERE

AMC Pack 1 contains the following 10 civs:

Assyrians, Britons, Carthaginians, Dacians, Gauls, Germanic Tribes, Hittites, Iberians, Phoenicians and Scythians

Spoiler :

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Pack 2

Version 1 released - Sep 2, 2011

The pack is fully compatible with latest vanilla patch

Download from the attachment below
Manually unpack it into your "Documents and Settings\[user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" folder.

AMC Pack 2 contains the following 2 civs:

Medes and Sarmatians

Spoiler :

The AMC Packs do NOT contain any 3D animated model

Attachments

• sarm_diplo.jpg
    sarm_diplo.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 23,984
  • sarm_dom.jpg
    sarm_dom.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 24,838
  • medes_diplo.jpg
    medes_diplo.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 23,559
  • amc_wip.jpg
    amc_wip.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 26,648
  • medes_dom.jpg
    medes_dom.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 23,644
  • Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Pack 2 (v 1).7z
    3.4 MB · Views: 953

Ancient Mediterranean City States

Version 2 released - Aug 22, 2011

30 City States - 30 Unique Colors

The mod replaces CiV vanilla City States with a set of 30 Ancient Mediterranean ones

You can play this mod:

- stand alone
- with AMCs mod (recommended)
- with AMCs and YnAEMP mods on Ancient Mediterranean maps (absolutely needed - see screenshot below)

Download from the attachment below
Manually unpack it into your "Documents and Settings\[user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" folder.

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 22,786
  • cs_shot.jpg
    cs_shot.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 22,592
  • Ancient Mediterranean City States (v 2).7z
    18 KB · Views: 738

Ancient Mediterranean Maps

True Start Locations for Civs and CSs

Western Mediterranean - Standard size 74x52 - 8 Civs and 16 CSs
Full Mediterranean - Large size 110x55 - 14 Civs and 22 CSs
Eastern Mediterranean - Standard size 72x55 - 10 Civs and 16 CSs
Eastern Mediterranean - Large size 110x55 - 14 Civs and 22 CSs

Instructions

Step 1 - Install and activate the following mods:

Step 2 - Select "CUSTOM GAME":

Step 3 - Select "YnAEMP":

Step 4 - Load "YnAEMP":

Step 5 - Choose the Map you want to play:

WARNING: move the City-States cursor in the first row to end scale in order to play with the right number of CSs (16 or 22 depending on map)

Step 6 - Choose the Civ you want to play:

Step 7 - Finally "Start Game"!!!:

WARNING: In the "Advanced Game Options" section you MUST check the 3 options you see in the picture above in order to play the game with historical and geographic resources placement
NOTE: In the "Game Options" section set Difficulty Level and Game Pace options following your personal preferences, but I suggest to stay with the other options as showed in the picture above

Attachments

• y04_load.jpg
    y04_load.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 22,006
  • y03_select.jpg
    y03_select.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 21,891
  • y02_custom.jpg
    y02_custom.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 22,106
  • y07_start.jpg
    y07_start.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 22,119
  • step_6.jpg
    step_6.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 21,077
  • step_1.jpg
    step_1.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 21,419
  • step_5.jpg
    step_5.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 21,081
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 23,894
How will Babylon be different from the one featuring Nebuchadnezzar II?

Well, it would be available for free, for one thing. It's always good to have things available for everyone to use. Unless this would just be changing the current one instead of adding an alternate Civ.

Babylonians will be an alternate civ, of course, for players not having the DLC.
Phoenician seaport will be different from vanilla seaport, of course.

V.1 of the pack will contain Gauls and Britons, thus I need UB and CiV trait ideas for Britons now (Gauls are almost completed) ;)

Wow, just wow about such a project!

But...
There are several issues still to resolve, mainly depending on the hostile 2k policy against modding, thus you should have a major amount of patience again.

How so?
If anyone from 2K comes knocking at my door stating i shouldn't create *Independent* features for any games (which i do not gain any profits from) - they'd be most welcomed to try purchasing me out of their (or anybody else's) market.
And if it would come down to a court case about copyright or trademarks infringements, i'd be more than willing to accommodate them with a very simple principle; Intellectual property unless proven otherwise.

As if it isn't enough that Getty (and alikes) are phishing worldwide for illicit payments from a highly debatable source of Photographic images... art (ya know, the all encompassing term for anything from Painting to GDI & so on) is simply beyond corporate ownership unless supported by contracted compensations.

Their favorite scapegoat is Royalty free stuff. Yeah well, reality check once again - if you claim something is yours when it isn't (and making profits out of distribution, online or not) - then you're still stealing from original authors.

It's not like creativity or talent must be patented... but when it comes to hiring artists for projects - some have it cheap while others have earned credentials, proof of work and extremely minimal revenues for it all.

And that's not considering Music, Literature & Cinema, btw.

@Zyxpsilon
I'm not referring to stolen artworks or similar stuff; I'm pointing the finger on simple operations like to add custom 2d image in the diplo screen, to add music to custom civs, to add custom units without using complicated workaround, to add custom flag icon to units and so on. All simple things that a modder can't do. Why? I call it "hostile policy".

@Zyxpsilon
I'm not referring to stolen artworks or similar stuff; I'm pointing the finger on simple operations like to add custom 2d image in the diplo screen, to add music to custom civs, to add custom units without using complicated workaround, to add custom flag icon to units and so on. All simple things that a modder can't do. Why? I call it "hostile policy".

That be pretty nasty if they were denying those uses on purpose, but have they actually come out and said they won't release tools/code to change those things?

Maybe there's just a short while left... (granted, the reliance on DLC might be pointing towards them wanting as much control of content as possible).

@Zyxpsilon
Let's rundown that short list together shall we;

1) Custom 2d image in the diplo screen;
-- The Vercingetorix or even the Forest background are still "owned" by the original artist(s). For a non-profit activity such as compiling a MOD that will be deployed within a 2K product. You are transfering some indirect property to 2K. Even with your Wonders, btw.
2) Music;
-- Extremely difficult to prove as being authentic. Thus, why almost nobody in the Gaming Industry wants to allow external sources.
3) Units without complicated workaround;
-- I'd go even further. They purposely designed their toolset (SDK, Nexus) to prevent anyone from altering Vanilla versions. Again, this external source cannot be controlled or enforced on anyone having the skills to create their own assets for distribution in a MOD.
4) Flag Icon to Units;
-- Not even close, this in particular has no legitimate (or otherwise) claim on being the only way to represent a symbol for units. Example, Gazebo's Diplomats in CS; which is (now) a supplemental asset *ADDING* value to 2K product as everything else above or more.

Now, if they could prove that all MODs *LOWER* the commercial value of their product - i'd say they'd be a bunch of fools not to somehow exploit such potential & at least thank us for being huge contributors to their success.

There's still a lot to learn about the Modding sector and how it revolutionized development. Not only is it an inherent part of a process but it is also an essential partnership that creates incredibly vast and complex shared properties.

Lemme give you an example of what Intellectual property of ART really means...

This sketch made in '03 by Nathaniel Skinner (Digital8).

But... this is a recent scan of the pre-draft done (15 years sooner!) while the final artwork was designed *FOR* Omni magazine in July 88.

Both of us have a claim on respective concepts, somehow.

While some are now selling Tee-Shirts with the Impossible Pentagon very nearly similar Logo in the UK. Which can be found on some other sites in the US, too.

Don't forget Copyrights are normally 17 years, renewable.
Should i sue?
I couldn't since it simply isn't worth the *ABUSIVE* cost of Lawyer representation in any courts.

Attachments

• Infinite_Regress-Pentagon.jpg
    Infinite_Regress-Pentagon.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Pentagon2.png
    Pentagon2.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 480
I've attached in post #1 the "dawn screen" for Gauls for 2 main reason:
1) to catch grammar mistakes (my english is really bad) - one of them may be "Gaul lies" instead of "Gauls lies", right?
2) to confirm Gaulish as adjective for Gaul (french historians are required) - Gallic is the "roman" adjective, while Gaulish should be the Celtic one. Right?

I'm a meticolous man and I take care of every details :)

Thanks in advance

PS
I did a copy/paste for the remaining (not showed) pedia entries, thus I assume they are correct

Gaule or Gallia (Latin) would be sufficient as "Definition", IMO...
Text seems appropriate and if you need voice overs - i could try recording something (to approve of!) for you when the time comes in both English & French with their corresponding DawnOfMan mp3s.

The images in the screenshots posted are really incredible.

The uniques units are done?

The grafics are made exclusive for each civ or you have used another existing one?

I wait for this pack.

Congratulations.

if you need voice overs - i could try recording something (to approve of!) for you when the time comes in both English & French with their corresponding DawnOfMan mp3s.

Really? It would be my dream! :woohoo:

Yes, try to mix english voice and music tracks into a single mp3 (and keep separate copies of voice and music tracks, just in case to find better music or text changes after). Text is the one showed in the "dawnofman" pictures above.
In the meantime, I'll search a way to add sound through a mod (afaik nobody did it yet)
:clap::clap::clap:

The uniques units are done?
The grafics are made exclusive for each civ or you have used another existing one?

To avoid delusion (you and everybody else), don't expect 3D models for leaders, units and buildings. ;)

Leaders are 2D still images.
UUs are enhanced replacements of normal units, but they will use 3D models and animations of the vanilla ones.
UBs, like the most part of vanilla buildings, will be no more than icons

I'm a modder's apprentice, and not a wizard of miracles :dunno:

Really? It would be my dream! :woohoo:
I'll merely have to synchronize my breathing flow and fine-tune the local "Studio" with efficient conditions. :D
Once you hold all final description texts (preferably in Notepad so i can align phrasing & enhance some key words), the recording session(s) should be done in one fell swoop for a stable pattern in grouped voice-overs.

I'm PM'ing a very early initial mp3 test (that failed in a few "pacing" areas!) for Boudica_Briton to you. Don't forget adding me as Contact_Friend in the CFC inbox process, since we wouldn't be able to exchange files.

Isn't it "hostile policy"? :)
Yes, it is - somehow.
While i won't discuss specific methods to tackle some of these obstacles, my take on this is that experienced coders_programmers can handle mostly anything thrown their ways if given a functional SDK (documented, might be a better word) with specific features.

Top Bottom