How to buy GP's with Faith?

Wolfbeckett

Jerkin' and nonsense.
So on my current game I'm going for a space win, obviously I've gone into Rationalism. In theory I should now have access to buy GSes with Faith right? How do I actually do that? I've looked at The social policy screen, the religion overview, my cities purchase queues etc. in detail and I am not seeing it. Do I need to be Industrial before it will let me or something? Or is there something else I'm overlooking? Would like to purchase a GS now before my faith overflows and I end up with another unneeded Great Prophet.

I'm not 100% sure when you can buy them, but you buy them from the purchase menu of any city. I believe you can buy them once you open the tree, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there

So on my current game I'm going for a space win, obviously I've gone into Rationalism. In theory I should now have access to buy GSes with Faith right? How do I actually do that? I've looked at The social policy screen, the religion overview, my cities purchase queues etc. in detail and I am not seeing it. Do I need to be Industrial before it will let me or something? Or is there something else I'm overlooking? Would like to purchase a GS now before my faith overflows and I end up with another unneeded Great Prophet.
Yes, you need to reach the Industrial Age before you can purchase other Great People with Faith. You'll mainly notice this with Rationalism (available in Renaissance) and Commerce (available in Medieval) - you'll need to wait a bit before purchasing GS and GM.

"Once you reach the Industrial Era, no more Great Prophets will be automatically generated with Faith, though you will still have the option of purchasing them."

g&K Introductory guide stickied

Automatically generated? I think it only happened once or twice; there was a third but I got it from HS

You can start buying Great Persons only when you've opened the relevant SP trees (ie. Commerce for Great Merchants), and even then you can only buy it from a city dominated by your religion

Ah okay thanks guys, I'm still late Renaissance so that's why. Guess I'll just deal with the next Great prophet, let him shore up my cities that are facing pressure from Boudicca ;).

Autobuying occurs from the settings on the Faith/Religion screen.

Under your religion there should be a menu where you can decide "Remind me later," or automatically buy Prophets/Missionaries/Inquisitors.

Before Industrial, if you want Prophets with Faith, you need to select the autobuy under this menu. (Missionaries/Inquisitors/special buildings/Holy Warriors can be selected under autobuy *or* purchased directly in cities with the religion).

Starting in Industrial, you don't autobuy Prophets from the Faith screen. Instead you can directly purchase Prophets (or other GP) from the city screen.

If you don't want to autobuy Prophets (which resets your faith to 0), you can just select the "Remind me later" option, and it will just store up your Faith. You can then go crazy with other GP once you hit Industrial.

Top Bottom