Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Its works like this, Id civ A attacks civ B, A plays its tourm, later B will do the same. Afeter turn changes, B will not be able to play till A plays, so, A and B will keep playing in tour but any of both will never be able to do those doble-turn tricks so atonize for all.

This will be really interesting for team game, any one at the team could see te basic data of the game withour need of accesing the pitboss
Here are some pics
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4836/faqjugadores.png
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8321/faqciudades.png
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9752/faqespionaje.png

At www.aptmod.com you can register and see our game running. Its yeat still in spanish only, but I can translate it to eanglish if you are interested.

Them me what do you think about playing with this mod. We had been using it for the last year and really the webpage its really and excelent tool!

It looks great! :thumbsup:

Do the alternating turns automatically kick in, or does the administrator have the option to start them manually? What happens in the case of a three-way war (which actually occurred in MTDGII)?

It looks great! :thumbsup:

Do the alternating turns automatically kick in, or does the administrator have the option to start them manually? What happens in the case of a three-way war (which actually occurred in MTDGII)?

the mod controls it automatic. If A is in war with B and B with C... then B and C will not be able to play (the mod would not them let login) till A plays, then, A and C will not be able to login till B plays, and finally, C will play and turn will be finnished. Then in the new turn, A, B and C will play again in the same order. The mod will kick off the game a C when he finnish its turn.

the mod controls it automatic. If A is in war with B and B with C... then B and C will not be able to play (the mod would not them let login) till A plays, then, A and C will not be able to login till B plays, and finally, C will play and turn will be finnished. Then in the new turn, A, B and C will play again in the same order. The mod will kick off the game a C when he finnish its turn.

What happens if the turn timer is set at 48 hours, and Team A decides to postpone their turnplay until there's only 30 minutes left on the turntimer in an attempt to deny Team B and C the opportunity to play their turn at all?

I really hope such a thing wouldn't happen, but then again I've seen stranger things happen, so I thought I'd just pop the question to make sure.

What happens if the turn timer is set at 48 hours, and Team A decides to postpone their turnplay until 47:30 on the turntimer to try to deny Team B and C the opportunity to play their turn at all?.

We'll see. If we adjust a time-turn of 24h, the turn gives 24h to team A for playing. As soon as team A finish its turn, the mod gives 24h to team B. In the worst case we spend 48h. If teams A and B are pretty fast playing we spend less. There are other cases like teams A and B declare ware against C or teams A and B are in war between them and team C declares war against one of them. I am not the best on for explain the situations but the developers. I know that the mod give to each team one of the half. We only have to be carefully with the time we declare war and we can keep the turn-time pretty short.

Each player or team has the same time to play, as Mith says,when A finish his turn the timer change to 24, 48 or whatever is the turn duration for a new full turn for the next team or player.

People who is not at war can play when they want.

We really like this mod, i wouldnt play a mp game without it, double turn kills all the fun in advanced wars.

The BUG-mod is fully integrated in our mod. If you install our mod, you install the BuG-mod either. There is not a problem at all :)

Each player or team has the same time to play, as Mith says,when A finish his turn the timer change to 24, 48 or whatever is the turn duration for a new full turn for the next team or player.

People who is not at war can play when they want.

We really like this mod, i wouldnt play a mp game without it, double turn kills all the fun in advanced wars.

Seems like there could be some bad consequences.

1) Team A goes before Team B. Every turn Team B bombs Team A's oil resource. Team A can't repair it before the end of the turn and therefore never produces a tank or plane again. Is there any solution for this?

2) Team A declares war on Team B while Team B is logged in and playing. Is this allowed? What happens?

3) Team A declares war on Team B after Team B has already finished turn. What happens?

4) Team A declares war on Team X. B declares on Y, C declares on Z. Z declares on A, Y declares on C, X declares on B. What is the turn order?

The BUG-mod is fully integrated in our mod. If you install our mod, you install the BuG-mod either. There is not a problem at all :)

Not what I meant. I meant that the BUG-mod is enforced and that's the problem. People on RB are actively opposed the use of BUG-mod.

And SevenSpirits made some really good points.

I can see the point of this spanish mod, but I strongly believe it would/could make our lives harder if we let this system to be automated.

1, we can check the turn order on pyt, civstats, and we must check it anyway to see if it's our turn already

2, sometimes (usually more then once in a game) we want to alter the turn order for convenient reasons (no real fight is happening, one team cannot make it's turn in time) also see 3. point

3, multi-sided war: 3 or even more teams in war? example: A attacks B, then next turn C attacks A in the beginning, so the order : C-A-B, but for convenient reasons we want to alter it that C and B could move in the same window. (ok they could had tought of it before, but what if they hadn't)

4, very important point is the turn before the actual war. Most pitboss players agree that the turn before the actual war declaration can be very important and usually that is the time when the turn order is set. (example. A moves last in turn, moves his troops in position, no war yet. next turn A moves again this time declaring war on B wh odid not have the chance to react A's previous movement)- this can be avoided if we follow sequential turn order from the beginning tough.

So in short: I think we can manage double moves easily without any necessary mods and when we need to make changes to the turn order for whatever reason it's better if we can.

Seems like there could be some bad consequences.

1) Team A goes before Team B. Every turn Team B bombs Team A's oil resource. Team A can't repair it before the end of the turn and therefore never produces a tank or plane again. Is there any solution for this?

No solution. Once war is declared between teams A and B, the game acts like a PBEM for them. Both sides will have advantages and disadvantages. For instance, when the new turn comes, team A will be able to promote injured units before team B. One solution for the problem (for B) could be to found a city just on the ressource. No bombards or spies could destroy it. Just a tip.
2) Team A declares war on Team B while Team B is logged in and playing. Is this allowed? What happens?

It's a rule between teams: Declaring war while the other team is on-line is forbbiden.

Lets say A enters the game first. Once the war is declared, team A must validate its turn hitting the ENTER red button, in order to indicate the other teams (including B) that the turn is finished. So, B can enter the game and play.

In this case A will allways play the turn before B.
If A was the second team entering the game and B turn was finished (without declaring war), then if A declares war beeing in second position (validating the end turn, of course), A will allways play the turn after B.

3) Team A declares war on Team B after Team B has already finished turn. What happens?

B will play the first part of the turn, A the second part

4) Team A declares war on Team X. B declares on Y, C declares on Z. Z declares on A, Y declares on C, X declares on B. What is the turn order?

Well the case is a bit complicated :D but the mod can manage it.

The important thing is that the mod will correctly recognize a war only if the declaring war team validates the turn AND is not declaring war while the other team is online.

Therefore, the turns order will be the following:

A->X
B->Y
C->Z
A->Z
C->Y
B->X

A will play before X and Z
B will play before Y and X
C will play before Z and Y

or, differently said :
X must wait A and B finished turn
Y must wait C and B finished turn
Z must wait A and C finished turn

Not what I meant. I meant that the BUG-mod is enforced and that's the problem. People on RB are actively opposed the use of BUG-mod.

Well, it's very simple:

- RB will not play WITH the BUG mod
- Spanish speaking team will not play WITHOUT their mod and dedicated web site.

No solution.

Don't miss the opportunity of knowing a new great way to play pitboss games ;)

Why are you against BUG-mod use? I don´t understand it.

Sevenspirits questions arent a big deal, we are playing that way since a year ago or so, and its great. Sometimes its better to play first, sometimes second. The attacker side choose what side of the turn he wants, like in real life.

The multisided wars must be declared in the right way, if two players want to play in the same half of the turn, both must declare war in the same half. The way you say one of the two players will be doing a double turn.

No solution. Once war is declared between teams A and B, the game acts like a PBEM for them. Both sides will have advantages and disadvantages. For instance, when the new turn comes, team A will be able to promote injured units before team B. One solution for the problem (for B) could be to found a city just on the ressource. No bombards or spies could destroy it. Just a tip.
Disadvantage of permanently lacking e.g. Oil >>>> advantage of promoting units first. This isn't a solution at all. Destroy all the trade connections to the city and Team A still can't build units needing the resource. Plus, most of the time you're lucky to even have the one resource, and sometimes it isn't even possible to found a city on top of it after revealing it (e.g. due to existing cities blocking it). And even if you can do it, it's a set of hoops for one team to have to jump through that the other doesn't have to.

Far better, IMHO, to stick with regular simultaneous turns - and at this point of the game, allow both teams to log in only to use their Workers at the end of the turn, after all military movements.

We are playing advanced wars that way and there isnt any problem with that, simultaneous turns are worse, belive me. A coastal civ cant survive a double turn in a modern warfare. Quite worse than having to found a city over an oil resource.

I think you dont understand the full idea, or we doesnt explain it very well. The double-turn thing is a very little advantage of the mod-web, you can see all the events of your civ in the web without loging in the game, i mean all of them.

I must say we are playing 1 year with the mod-bug-web pack, but more than 4 years with a previous mod that doesnt allow double turn, we have a championship of 4 games of 18 players at year for 4 years using it and it works, belive me.

I'm well aware of the potential pitfalls of simultaneous turns, as I've played plenty of games with them myself. :)

The solution is simple though: everyone remembers the turn order during wartime, and doesn't double move. If someone double moves, we revert the save and undo the double move. No additional penalty or deterrent should be needed... the victim gains knowledge of where the double mover was going to strike. That is enough of a penalty in itself for everyone to remember.

Top Bottom