Rhye's and Fall Crashes After a While

ShahJahanII

Homesick Alien
So I start up the game as the Dutch, play for about 2 minutes, and everything works fine so far.
Then, the game crashes and I get this error:

I am playing on a Windows 7, the game itself works fine:(

Which version do you use? Any modmods?

I don't know about those early versions. Maybe you should try to download the latest version of RFC here and see if the problem persists.

Same thing happens to me... only sometimes though. (And it only seems to happen when I am playing a very good game!!!)

Something else you could do is enable logging. You can do this by opening My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini and there set "enableLogging = 1".

When your game crashes for the next time, go to My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs/ and upload the PythonDbg.txt file found there here.

I also have the exact same problem that ShahJahan is having. The only difference is that I am playing DoC v1.72 with BTS patch 3.19 (manually downloaded). Sometimes I can play an entire game (while saving and restarting over a period of a couple of days), but most times it ends up crashing, even if I save and restart a few turns before the initial crash. It happens with every civ I attempt to play with as well. I have tried to enable logging but I cannot acess the BAK file. Is there something I can do to fix this crashing problem, Leoreth?

Are you're sure you're using 1.72 and not 1.73? If so, an update to 1.73 might worth a try (it included a fix for the respawns which might have caused the problems you're having).

If that didn't do it, when do the crashes happen? Random years, or some specific dates?

Are you're sure you're using 1.72 and not 1.73? If so, an update to 1.73 might worth a try (it included a fix for the respawns which might have caused the problems you're having).

If that didn't do it, when do the crashes happen? Random years, or some specific dates?

When I started with the Netherlands, it crashed.
Then, I started with Japan and switched to the Netherlands and it lasted a little longer.
I don't know the specific dates but I wasn't able to get out of my home country.

Sounds like you have problems with the respawns. Try updating to 1.73.

Great :)

If you use DoC 1.72, there a patch in this post.

Else you have to download the whole modmod anew.

I don't know if that's the right solution for you, you seem to be playing vanilla RFC.

DoC is a modmod that makes a number of changes. To install it, simply download the RAR file and unpack it into your Beyond the Sword/Mods/ folder.

I don't know if that's the right solution for you, you seem to be playing vanilla RFC.

DoC is a modmod that makes a number of changes. To install it, simply download the RAR file and unpack it into your Beyond the Sword/Mods/ folder.
I also have the same problem, made it to 1793 as the greeks on the latest verion of RFC with no modmods, no problem, but then I am stuck on that turn. Whenever I press next turn, it spends a long time loading, and then crashes. Tried Wbing barb warriors around the map so that they get killed and change the RNG and lowering the graphics settings, but it still crashes. Attached below is the savefile.

Attachments

• Pericles AD-1793 Turn 352ewew.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 40
I also have the same problem, made it to 1793 as the greeks on the latest verion of RFC with no modmods, no problem, but then I am stuck on that turn. Whenever I press next turn, it spends a long time loading, and then crashes. Tried Wbing barb warriors around the map so that they get killed and change the RNG and lowering the graphics settings, but it still crashes. Attached below is the savefile.
Yes, I can reproduce the crash when loading your save file.
Sorry, I don't know why it crashes.

Top Bottom