This scenario is...

• Incredible!

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Great!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Started up a game as the Wei, Emperor level.

First thought: RR all round my capital was unexpected.

Second thought: Marine Infantry seems very powerful.

I'm intending to open by capturing the Xinye-Yiling area (sorry, my Chinese geography sucks seriously), and then hopefully go on to crush the main part of Shu. Might be tough with all those mountains tho. Wu accepted a RoP for nothing straight off - that should perhaps be looked into?

You'll hear more of me when I've got something to report.

Rails are meant to be "Major roads"

Marine troops are meant to be powerful as they will become obsolete before the game is over. Better to use them at the start than be forced to use them when they are obsolete.

Shu and the Hanzhong region was aserious obstacle for Shu, but not Wei. Hanzhong is in a sense the key city of the west that guards Tianshui and Changan

Wu allied with Wei in 219 to kill Shu's Guan Yu, which they did do.

Thanks for the report. If you want a question of accuracy, the book is at www.threekingdoms.com in english. It statrs after the Death of Lu Su in chapter 67.

Originally posted by Sarevok
Rise of Wei will have alot of forces

Cao Cao
Lu Bu
Liu Bei
Yuan Shu
Yuan Shao
Sun Ce
Li Jue
Zhang Xiu
Liu Zhang
Gongsun Zan
Ma Teng
Liu Biao

Is that enough?

(1st Post :p)

If you havent already done so(I have). Check out the map for Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9 for reference as to locations and terrain. Its for PS2 but you can probably find some pictures on the net. And, will this be a 196 AD-198 AD Scenario or otherwise?

hrm, maybe add a graphic update. possible change the railroad graphic to a larger looking road or something along those lines. also i've got pictures of the three leaders if you want to use those as leaderheads or something.

also on your new scenario, i'm guessing this is taking place after the death dong zhou?

Originally posted by Sarevok
I have ROTK 8, shpuld be good enough.

Id say 194 or 196

Actually.. if you dont already know, there is a big difference between 8 and 9. 8 is the older style of gameplay, where you have cities and everything is naturally automatic, but in 9, its a universal map instead of having different ones for each of the places of battle. You have to take into consideration the time it takes to move and to get from point A to point B, which gives it a unique twist(and you can only play as a ruler this time).

BTW, some suggestions. Where you have the city called Yiling, I believe it should be Jiangxia, because technically, Yiling was not east of Jiangling, rather to the west separating Ba(Yongan) from Jiangling. Guanling is spelled Guangling. Xinye and Xiangyang were technically under Cao Cao's control at this time, and Danglang should be Dangyang(unless its a different place which I am unfamiliar with). I also believe Jiangxia was under Sun control as well as Guiyang(which was part of the agreement between Liu Bei and Sun Quan as to how Jing was to be divided up). And, where you have Bohai, I believe it should be Beiping, but its up to you. Oh and one more thing, when you select your character at the very beginning, it says all the names are Cao Cao, for each of the kingdoms. Ive noticed this on many games and maybe its a problem that cant be fixed?

Anyway, aside from my constructive criticism, Id like to say that after playtesting Sun Quan, Im very pleased with the way this scenario came out. The rivers and cities are placed wonderfully and it allows for some interesting Wu gameplay(the only one Ive played so far). At the moment, its about 220, and I allied with Liu Bei to start off the game. I made some pathetic attempts on Hefei at first, but then marched around with Sun Quan and crushed Cao at Guangling, which took his attention away from Hefei, then I made a crushing strike for Cao Cao at Hefei with my fireships and then I took Xuyi and then called for peace. Right now Im planning a quick raid on Shouchun and Nuizhu then Im going into Xuzhou and Runan. Should be alot of fun playing the other two kingdoms and I love how I can waltz right up to Hanzhong on the river and take it with marines.

:) Lot's of mAdifoied 'road' graphics - thick/thin/light/dark. Just grab a few of these from the graphics downloads area...

Top Bottom