[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

edboltz said:
Will the Mercurians and Infernals be opened up for play in v. 2.14?

Hi edboltz,

No. If i well understand Kael when i asked him this question.
But you can do it by yourself with FfH editor. I do it for myself, just to test these civs. It was fun...

The Frog.

Kael said:
Version 0.14 is set for a public release on Saturday July 15th.

Kael said:
Q: What are the plans re: Fall from Heaven and the Warlords expansion?

A: Kael is currently under a NDA and unable to say anything about Warlords. The Team will release more details once Warlords is out.

I hope this helps :D

seamus75 said:
Hello-
The original was great - FfH2 is mind numbing in it's depth, ingenuity, and imagination. If I could I would bare your children Kael!

Dude, that's kind of pervy. Keep Kael's kids clothed!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next release.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi edboltz,

No. If i well understand Kael when i asked him this question.
But you can do it by yourself with FfH editor. I do it for myself, just to test these civs. It was fun...

The Frog.

1. What's the reason for keeping them closed?

2. I tried using Excel and changing the FFH Editor to make Mercurians & Infernals playable, and it didn't seem to work. Can anyone post an alternative version with them made playable.

They are closed as we did not put work in them (only some graphics have ben dumped into the infernals). They will get attention in later releases but for "Light" we just wanted to focus on the other civs.

With Civ4 FINALLY coming out for Mac, I now am dying to play this mod. Only one problem though: I can't use the .exe installer. I tried searching the thread for an archive (.rar or .zip would be fine) of the necessary files for a manual install but had no success. Is one available or can one be made available when the mod is nearer to completion? Thanks!

spekkio said:
With Civ4 FINALLY coming out for Mac, I now am dying to play this mod. Only one problem though: I can't use the .exe installer. I tried searching the thread for an archive (.rar or .zip would be fine) of the necessary files for a manual install but had no success. Is one available or can one be made available when the mod is nearer to completion? Thanks!

I'm afraid you won't be able to play FfH on a mac. The mod uses a .dll file, which seems only to be compatible with windows PCs.

edboltz said:
1. What's the reason for keeping them closed?

2. I tried using Excel and changing the FFH Editor to make Mercurians & Infernals playable, and it didn't seem to work. Can anyone post an alternative version with them made playable.

Hi edboltz,

Ok, i will try to give you some answer. Remember that i'm French, so my english may be difficult to understand....

1) They are keeping closed because....that's Kael choice ! Really i think that are not yet ready. They wiil stay only ai civ until Kael and his Team work on it.
2) Now, some explanations on how to do to play with this civ.
-Open the FfH editor with excel.
-Chose "Civilization" sheet.
-For the Civ you want to be playable, change line 10 (bPlayable) number from 0 to 1. 0 means unplayable whereas 1 means playable.
-Click on the grey button "Export Civilization Information".
-Save when you leave excel.

Do all this and it will be ok. I hope. Don't forget to do this with Civ4 closed.
Last thing: make a copy of the original FfH Editor before anything.....
Give me feedback if it works or not.....

The (French) Frog.

A quick note on Excel(MS Office in general)... Most likely you have the Macro security on at some level to prevent potential viruses. If this is the case, you will receive some form of pop-up when you open the file. If it contains multiple options, make sure you select Enable Macros. You will have to do this every time you open the file.. but its the best compromise method. If the Security level is on high, you will recieve awarning that Security is on high and Macros have been disabled. To Reset the level to Medium Security, select the Tools Menu(I think) and there should be a Macro's option.. from there there will be an Options or Security option were you can change this. Make sure to exit excel and restart Excel after changing these settings.

Cheers!

BlazeRedSXT said:
A quick note on Excel(MS Office in general)... Most likely you have the Macro security on at some level to prevent potential viruses. If this is the case, you will receive some form of pop-up when you open the file. If it contains multiple options, make sure you select Enable Macros. You will have to do this every time you open the file.. but its the best compromise method. If the Security level is on high, you will recieve awarning that Security is on high and Macros have been disabled. To Reset the level to Medium Security, select the Tools Menu(I think) and there should be a Macro's option.. from there there will be an Options or Security option were you can change this. Make sure to exit excel and restart Excel after changing these settings.

Cheers!

Hi BlazeRedSXT,

You are right. I'm happy that you give this explanation. ABSOLUTLY impossible for me to explain that in english....but in French if you want.;)
I hope it would help those who want to use the FfH editor...
THX.

The Frog.

Teg_Navanis said:
I'm afraid you won't be able to play FfH on a mac. The mod uses a .dll file, which seems only to be compatible with windows PCs.

You may be able to if you have one of the new macbook or macbook pro's. I believe that you can run windows OS off those platforms. Now ask me how? ... I dunno, but it likely starts with investing in some additional software. FfH is that good that you should do it :) , but its more than just the download here for sure.

The new Macs run on Intel processors now, instead of the Motorola/RISC systems. That means that Windows XP(and I imagine Vista) will load right on and run without issues to the newest Macs.(I suppose that means conversly, the Latest update of OSX would run on any "standard" PC out there...)

For system resource issues I would reccommend running a full dual boot system(Bootcamp offers that), but I know there are a couple of new Win "emulators" coming up with the next release of OSX. One called Parrallel that from the reviews I read is supper efficient, compared to previous emulators anyway.

I wonder how different the Macs version of the Civ 4 core is... Is it possible to just compile the SDK sources(with mods) into a library that the Mac ends use? I don't know anything about the Mac Version... just a thought.

Cheers!

edboltz said:
Will the Mercurians and Infernals be opened up for play in v. 2.14?

Nope .

seamus75 said:
Hello-
Thanks for the get back Kael. The limitations definately set them apart from the other civs. I have found that the three cities I have are building things hand over fist (I just thought it was the level I was playing on).
It'll take a bit to get used to the 3 cities things, but it's defeniately not a deterent. Another question...If I go to war with another civ can I capture their larger cities without the pop dropping to 1? I guess I could try it out.

Thanks,
Seamus

Newly captured cities won't drop population but they will become settlements (unable to build units or most buildings).

chocmushroom said:
Did no-one have any answers to my question about Gypsy caravans :(

Culture events (loki, gypsy wagons and consecrate) are on the wish list for review, but havent been taken of yet. They wont be changed in 0.14 but may make it into 0.15.

Kael said:
Q: What are the plans re: Fall from Heaven and the Warlords expansion?

A: Kael is currently under a NDA and unable to say anything about Warlords. The Team will release more details once Warlords is out.

Kael being under an NDA is all kinds of awesome. I really love it that Firaxis continues to cooperate with the mod makers. They are very smart to realize that this is an insane value-for-money advertising system. I'll say again what a hundred people said before me: I don't know if I was still playing civ4 if it wasn't for all the mods. Not that the original is bad in any way, but with all these mods you get ten times the entertainment out of the same game.

I hope Firaxis are hiring you, Kael ;P (and of course you won't be able to comment on this ;P)

Top Bottom