"Shadow" schedule

Alchemy could have been spiced up rather than dumped. Think the other changes are ok.

Can't say I disagree with any of the cuts.. looking 4ward to getting my hands on this on the 16th :goodjob:

No school is not boring :D
Ha ha ha ... :rolleyes:
Go ask children working in China, Africa, or any other part of the world who are "enjoying" poor education systems!!

Sorry for being off topic, this kind of post really irritates the teacher i am.

Well, speaking of the game, i won't miss anything but the patriarch. Council is nice, but only for 2 of the 7 religions, there is nothing for the others now.

Mhh, the removed units were clearly some of the less often used, however I hoped arcebus would be removed. I never liked gunpowder in med-fan worlds.

I am OUTRAGED that there wasn't enough stuff to be outraged about! :mad:

Only unit I'll really miss is the Shield Wall. I kinda liked those guys. Flurries were strong, but they felt a little overpowered at times. Hopefully it will be a little easier to get the Blitz promotion on something like War Chariots to make up for no more Flurries...

The other stuff was mostly dead-weight. I'd rather have *more* civic options than less, but the Education branch was pretty boring anyway. Patriarch was silly IMHO. Council and Cult aren't gone, just changed. :king:

I only have one concern, i hope that the removed techs were replaced by other, or that the cost of the remaining techs has been increase. I wouldn't want the speed of the game going faster then it already did.

:)

Seriously, here are the things I'll miss:

Arcane Golem - but it's pretty rare that I've used this unit.

Shield Wall - Back in Light, I really liked Shield Wall (since it was a research-cheap effective attacker), but I haven't really used the Fire version much, at all.

Twisted Spire - Twisted Spire is nice for the money, but there are other places that similar bonuses could be put.

The item removed that I use most frequently is probably the Orc Slaying promotion. However, it's a rare game that I select it more than 5 times, and it's pretty rare that it makes a large difference.

I wont miss shield wall or pikemen, or heavy crossbow, in fact I ASKED Kael to do so a while ago ;) And flurry being civ specific archer with blitz is really cool, just hope it gets boosted up a bit, I never used it really because of dead-end tech and blitz being kindda useless with only 2 movement (okay, upgradeable to 3)

I agree with removing of slaying promotions, but maybe you could consider returning them as event-only promotions (whenever units kills orc, elf, dwarf, or event when at war with their civ, that makes all new units in that city start with slaying promotion)

And yeah, could you please reconsider the name Champion? It should be reserved to national unit. Not a big deal really, but also not a big deal to tweak.

I'm interested where did Alchemy Lab go?

Al in the all, not really a reason to be outraged :)

i agree with removing the orc/elf/dwarf slaying promotion, but i think it is an interesting game mechanic that could be used with mutation, or autimaticly given to a select few units specific to a civilization, no big deal either way.

the one thing i don't like is having crossbowman a tier 4 archer unit, (especaily for the elves). I just think that the longbow and crossbow are way to different and the crossbow is not exactly more deadly then the longbow. I would say if we must have longbows upgraded to crossbows you should give the longbow an extra 1st strike or 2 (a longbowman should be able to shoot more arrows per min then a crossbow).

Only thing I dont like is the Longbowman / Crossbowman thingy. A Longbowman unit was Way more efficiant than a x-bow unit (historically) but the ease of training the x-bowmen won out. i think this should play out in the game as well with Longbowmen having a bitt better attack and some more defence bonus but at a Steep price (exept for Elves) and x-bow men on the cheapo lets say a 3 to 1 ratio or so between em. That way for a given amout of prod the crossbowmen would win out but in a unit to unit comparison the longbowmen win out...

What a disappointment.
I was really looking forward to being outraged but I think most of the stuff that's removed was redundant anyway.

Well, unit wise I understand the changes. I had actually started using pikemen a bit because the AI likes to build huge stacks of chariots now. Moving crossbowmen though... I always preferred them to longbowmen for defense because the research path for engineering actually had other benefits, as opposed to "just-another-new-unit-tech."

The tech tree changes are hard to gauge though. I'm assuming some things were added or moved, but without knowing where they ended up or what the tree looks like now, I think it's kind of moot. It's like posting half the changes and asking us to comment on them.

I also do not like having crossbowmen as t4 units, especially as a longbowmen upgrade. They always seemed to be more or less equal to me– some civs could use longbow, other use crossbow – just like axmen/swordsmen choice for a different civs. I also think that arqebus, cannon or other gunpowder units should be restricted to dwarfs only.

All in all, not too outraged. If anything, I would agree with the poster above who wanted arquebus removed (and cannons too.) They really don't fit and I only build them because they can make a difference between living and dying. Hopefully, something new and exciting will replace them...wish I was creative.

i agree with removing the orc/elf/dwarf slaying promotion, but i think it is an interesting game mechanic that could be used with mutation, or autimaticly given to a select few units specific to a civilization, no big deal either way.

the one thing i don't like is having crossbowman a tier 4 archer unit, (especaily for the elves). I just think that the longbow and crossbow are way to different and the crossbow is not exactly more deadly then the longbow. I would say if we must have longbows upgraded to crossbows you should give the longbow an extra 1st strike or 2 (a longbowman should be able to shoot more arrows per min then a crossbow).

The flurry is an elven UU that replaces the crossbowmen for them. So the elves dont get crossbowmen, they get their blitzing attacker archer.

I am not too outraged about some removals but there are three things which I really don't like:
1) All the cuts concerning the Luchuirp. They are (or were now) my favorite civ because the golems could be differentiated into attackers or defenders. Now they aren't that flexible. I hope they get something new.

2) The Patriarch. My favorite way to spice up the mid to end game has gone now.

3) The Twisted Spire. The category of wonders which grant great Prophets becomes smaller and smaller. I hope it comes back, improved as you said.

Top Bottom