Trading with napoleon does not use the GPT value from the trade window

pba

Chieftain
Hi,

First off, this being my first post on civfanatics and your mod - let me say a big "thank you" for your amazing mod.

I figured that when trading cities with napoleon i cannot set a GPT value in exchange for a city. Napoleon has 100+ GPT and I am at war. Next I tried to trade away an american city (15 pop) for gpt as part of the peace treaty.
- Whatever i enter on his size as GPT tradeaway he accepts (graciously) but the deal is made with 5 GPT instead of the entered amount. This happens when i hit the propose button right away.
- If i hit the "What would make this deal work?" button he declines the offer
- I tried hitting enter after entering the number to be sure it's not a plain ui update issue

In Vannilla there is a bug related to this, as the opponent would make no GPT offer for trading away cities. What i used to do there is entering 999 GPT , listing the city i want to give away and then hitting "What would make this offer work".

I tried it with the latest stable version(155 last updated 14-May) from steam and by manually installing the latest beta(156.2)

EDIT:
Any ideas what i did wrong. Also the log does not seem helpful to me as i see only end-turn stats and some AI purchasing events listed, but nothing related to trade.

Perhaps i need to tweek some config files to generate more verbose debug? I just enabled logging as stated in your bug reporting sticky thread

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 24
Whenever you make a gpt deal, you can double check if it's going to hold by adding something to it. If the gpt reverts to 5, then you know all that gpt is unavailable. there are other ways to check; someone else asked about this recently, and there was a more detailed answer than this one.

Now why is it that Napoleon's gpt is not grayed out, seemingly availabl, and yet not? I have no idea.

No the deal does not revert to anything, even when adding a resource or OB. Napoleons just rejects the offer when asked "What deal would end this conflict"

Even with the city on my side and 5 GPT on his side, which he accepts when hitting "propose" he refuses when asked about it.

I think I read the thread you were referring to, but it said just that:
1)Add any resource on your side to be sure that AI changes the deal
2) hit enter to be sure the GPT amount is locked

I did both but to no avail...

EDIT: Were you referring to this thread?

I don't know if it helps to know:
I am playing Spain on deity/huge map/Emperor/ContinentsPlus with standard settings.
other mods: Infoadict and civwillard (as in presentation video from this sticky post)

OK, so small update

when offering

Napoleon | Player(Spain)
Peace Treaty |Peace Treaty
gold per turn 100 | Pearls

Napoleon makes the counterproposal :

Napoleon | Player(Spain)
gold 33 | Horses 1
gold per turn 8 | Pearls

Next I add Philadelphia like so:

Napoleon | Player(Spain)
gold 33 | Horses 1
gold per turn 100 | Pearls
|Philadelphia

When proposing this deal he accepts it, but in fact he accepted (as listed in Deal History):

Napoleon | Player(Spain)
gold 33 | Horses 1
gold per turn 8 | Pearls
|Philadelphia

EDIT: This proves that it also takes other values than the min GPT of 5. Don't know if this helps.
EDIT 2: I tried selling him a second city(this time at peace), but the same bug appears.

Welcome to the forum! :goodjob:

The gold per turn issue is probably related to the free gold vem gives all players. In v156.3 I changed it to a hidden gold building in the AI's capital, which should make trades work correctly, in theory.

Do you have a svn or sth. to try it out? The current Beta is still 156.2 if i am not mistaken...

I really want to try this out, as taking the american Capital with 8 wonders depends on it, and this is my gamble for the whole game :)

EDIT: the github version seems pretty old. I could try to merge just the trading related part if possible and if i get a pointer from you as to where to look.

EmperorFool was using the github, and once he left I didn't keep it maintained. I would update it with every release but there's a ModMuddy bug that creates near-infinite directory trees and balloons the project to 100 times its actual size. I have to tediously check for bugged directories every time I upload to github, because there's no way to delete the bugged folders once uploaded.

Top Bottom