Col II-Hardware T&L Check or Not?

DrewBledsoe

Veteran QB
Here's quite an important question, if someone can confirm yes or no pls:-

Does COL II check for HARDware T&L? (BTS doesn't,most games don't, and therefore Intel onboards grahics owners are fine with them, as long as you alter the.ini file to hide min spec warning, and have a good chunk of RAM).

Games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion DO check for Hardware T&L, thus making them unplayable with the Intel onboard graphics stuff.

Thanks, replies from someone who knows for certain appreciated.

I would guess not, if BtS doesn't actually check for it. I believe it uses the identical graphics engine.

I would guess not, if BtS doesn't actually check for it. I believe it uses the identical graphics engine.

Thanks Snoopy, if it uses the same Graphic Engine, it shouldn't check then....still, if anyone knows for certain pls reply, thanks.

The game requires pixel shaders 1.1, so if your card doesn't support hardware T&L, chances are it doesn't support the former either.

That's the same requirement as BtS, though, I believe. There is a difference between requiring "the functionality of PS 1.1" and "mandatory hardware PS"; Intel cheats by using your CPU to do the pixel shader functionality and sort of lying to the game. It just doesn't lie well enough for some games. :)

The game requires pixel shaders 1.1, so if your card doesn't support hardware T&L, chances are it doesn't support the former either.

Sorry, I think you're missing the point. The 2005-6 Intel onboard graphics actually support Pixel Shader 2.0. Its that fact that they use software emulation for Hardware T&L that can cause problems, when a game actually insists on checking for physical Hardware T&L.

EDIT: Yes, as Snoopy said above.

Top Bottom