Alternate UU: French Imperial Guard

Mojotronica

Expect Irony.
(See my "Expansion of Age of Gunpowder, Age of Sail ideas" thread for info on the Grenadier unit I proposed...)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49308

The French Imperial Guard unit replaces the proposed Grenadier: A5.D3.M1/Cost 50s+Saltpeter (Available w/ Metallurgy.)

It is a A6.D3.M1/Cost 40s+Saltpeter unit.

It is designed to work with Musketmen, who defend it, and Cannon who defend it and are used to blast away at resistance.

It's cheaper than either the regular Grenadier unit and Cavalry (especially my proposed inflated 80s Cavalry.) It truly dominates the Age of Napoleon -- as it should! It's high attack makes aggressive Napoleonic-style expansion quite feasible.

This unit brings about France's GA at about the time in history we would expect it to come along, and replaces France's weak and greatly despised Musketeer unit w/ a unit that is valuable through the entire age of reason...

I could've been more diplomatic about it... sorry Architekt! No hard feelings?

I think the Musket Man would be worthwhile if it only cost 40s+Saltpeter. At 60s, it's too expensive!

The Musketeer is barely an improvement over the Musket Man and does not play to it's strengths...

By comparison, Japan's Samurai is 4.4.2 and costs only 10s more! (Plus Iron instead of Salt.) The 2 movement is a huge plus because of the retreat possibility.

I think that the Musketeer would be balanced if it were 4.4.1 and cost only 40s+ Salt.

BAP is working on a whole series of Napoleonic units, so there will soon be a graphic for this.

Top Bottom