Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xineoph

Prince
So what civs do you think will make the cut at the end?

Babylonians, Vikings and Ottomans definitely...

but i believe now with the advent of religion it puts much greater pressure to put the Hebrews/Israelis in the game, so i think we will see them as well.

What others do you think?

Although personally i'd love to see the Khmer, Axumites/Ethiopians and Khazars...i doubt it will happen. =)

This is about the twentieth time we have had this.

As usual, I vote for:

Babylon
Ethiopia
Israel
Khmer
Mayans
Ottomans
Vikings

I'm new, so I'm glad you made this thread since it was just the thing I was about to search for.

I would love to see American Indians in but they don't really fit in with the other civs in that they didnt conquer anything and they dont build towns. Other than that Vikings would be nice.

Big Bottom said:
I would love to see American Indians in but they don't really fit in with the other civs in that they didnt conquer anything and they dont build towns.

Some of them built towns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to see the Iroquois, Babylon, Portugal, Dutch, Vikings, Zulu, Korea, and Ottomans.

jar2574 said:
Some of them built towns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to see the Iroquois, Babylon, Portugal, Dutch, Vikings, Zulu, Korea, and Ottomans.
They did? OK put them in the game then. :D

I can't believe I forgot to say this (it's my homeland) but I'd like to see a Scottish civ as well. I notice the civ in the game is called 'English' and not 'British' which certainly means the possibility isn't ruled out. They could have a UU which can consume the English with fireballs from it's eyes and bolts of lightning from it's arse.

Big Bottom said:
They could have a UU which can consume the English with fireballs from it's eyes and bolts of lightning from it's arse.

LMAO :lol:

Well we didn't get all dressed up for nothing.

First Choices:
Ethiopia (Abyssinia): Queen Sheba and Makedda
Ashanti (Ghana)
Tibet: Dhali Llama
Ottomans: Mehmet II and Selim
Inuits (Aluet to Greenlandic)
Apache (Navajo and Pueblo): Geronimo
Scandinavians
Netherlands
Portugual

Second Choice:
Israel: Joshua and Solomon
Babylon
Sumeria
Hittites
Nubia
Kush
Siam
Khmer
Veitnam
Aboriginal Australians
Assyria
Armenia
Austria
Poland
Lithuania
Gokturks
Illyrians
Celts
Phoenicians

And new leaders:
Greek: Helen of Troy
Roman: Nero

Out of Interest, why would Helen be a Greek Leader? She never did anything to lead. Sure she started a war, but it was really her being under Aphrodite's spell that did the trick.

Unless we have another that wants to drool down a leaders dress :rolleyes:

I"ll guess...

Babylon for sure.

Beyond that, I'll guess for real then...

Since I'm a casual civver, and I think my demographic is what this installation is based on or whatever...

I'd say Vikings, at some point, and that's obvous. Portugal, Carthage, the Celts by popular demand, and that leaves 2...

I don't think Israel will be included for the simple fact that religion was first introduced in this one... although that may seem backward... just seems like the idea of judaism as it pertains to this game should be less emphatic, or whatever... not that I wouldn't like to see Israel included, of course

Leaves 2... honestly, I'd like to see Canada... doubt it'll happen, but Canada deserves to be in a Civ

Korea and the Dutch.

Helen of Troy would be awesome. She is more a national icon than a leader, like how Joan of Arc was a leader for France.

Helen (Eleni) from where the Greeks have named themselves (Hellenes), could be like a John Kerry and flip flop on issues. Like on one screen shot, she could be Helen of Troy then when you ask her a complicated question she will be Helen of Sparta, and back and forth. Her strengths will deal with a choice of, Seafaring (1000 ships), trade/economic (City of Troy), or Aggressiveness (because her actions intiate her people to war).

Im not crossing my fingers or anything, but the Helen of Troy idea would be awesome! And it would show how diverse the Greek culture really is, as she was certainly blonde haired-blue eyed Spartan (Doric Greek).

I reckon Carthage, Babylon and Sumeria are a safe bet due to Carthage and Babylon being popular ommisions from the current version and Sumerian artwork coming with the game.

After that, Id guess at Scandanavia, Korea and African civ (Zulu or Ethiopia/Abyssinia) and an American civ (Mayan Iroquios etc).

@MRM- Bah shaddup!

@Butter- There are tons of reasons to add the Hebrews/Israelis, i just said that with the introduction of religion it puts even greater pressure to put them in.

Maybe we need to sticky these redundant threads :)

Including "Why isn't religion X in the game?" and "Civ3 is better!"

I'd go with the civs that appeal to the "casual gamer" demographic. It's the smart business decision.

Carthage
Babylon
Korea
A native American tribe
Something from Africa (Likely Ottoman Empire)
Scandinavia/Vikings

These would fit the marketing and gameplay holes in the current Civ IV. They may not be the "best" civs to have, but they would be the popular PC civs that the majority of players would like to see. Korea, of course, being an absolute must with their avid PC gaming user base.

My list:

• Iroqoi - a major player in North America until the American Civil War era
  • Koreans - the hermit kingdom, land of the morning calm, that has been the battleground between China and Japan for 2000 years.
  • Maya - once a great meseoamerican civilization with a greater library than that at Alexandria until the Spanish found it.
  • Zulu - the story of South Africa is wrapped in this nation's fall.
  • Ethiopians - the only African power to never fall to Europe, and the home of the oldest Christian church's in the world, supposedly founded by Jesus' apostiles
  • Celts - the original people of the 'British Isles', whos modern descendants still fill out many of the ethnic groups there
  • Tibetans - once a military empire, now a pacifist people conquered by an agressive neighbor
  • Aboriginee - the absolute oldest 'people' on Earth.
  • Polynesians - founded a sailing legacy across the largest ocean on Earth, with little tech at all
  • Lakota (aka Souix) - once the greatest warrior culture in North America, until they were finally defeated in 1890.
  • Isrealites - From Abraham to David, most in the Western world know their story.
  • Anasazi - the Navaho word for 'ancients' - the long lost civilization that built a network of highways and cities across the southwest until mysteriously disapearing.
  • Siam - today Thailand they were once a great power in Southeast Asia and could do well to fill in an 'Asia game'.
  • Navaho - by the time of USA getting to the west, the Navaho descendants of the Anasazi were and still are the city builders. The city of Santa Fe, the oldest European city in North America, is in their region.
  • Ashanti - one of the great West African empires from 1670 until conquered by Europeans in 1902.
  • Kongo - a great African empire into the 1500s.
  • Songhai - Mali's great rival, conquered in the 1300s, it rose again in the 1500s until Morocco conquered it a century later.
  • Moors - A north African kingdom that once viably threatened to conquer Europe.
  • Toltec - the people who used Cortez to finally end the multigenerational war they had been having with the Aztecs, who were actually invaders from the north. Modern natives from the region around Mexico City are usually actually Toltec and not Aztec, and the feathered Serpent is the Toltec 'messiah god'.

Can someone care to explain why Canada should be a civ? If Canada should be in it then why not South Africa, New Zealand or Montenegro for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom