[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Oups, a female vampire. There are many female heroines as well (and there should be!) I'll look into it.

this mod is really cool but I was wondering if it will be coming to Warlords.

I lost my Civ4 disc and only have my Warlords disc now and I want to play Fall from Heaven so I was wonderig if it will ever be for Warlords?

The Sword 88 said:
this mod is really cool but I was wondering if it will be coming to Warlords.

I lost my Civ4 disc and only have my Warlords disc now and I want to play Fall from Heaven so I was wonderig if it will ever be for Warlords?

There are no plans to convert FfH to the Warlords codebase. Mostly because if we stay on the Vanilla codebase then both Warlords and non-Warlords people can play FfH. But if we switch then only Warlords people can play.

Kael said:
There are no plans to convert FfH to the Warlords codebase. Mostly because if we stay on the Vanilla codebase then both Warlords and non-Warlords people can play FfH. But if we switch then only Warlords people can play.

Eventually most people should wind up having Warlords anyways so down the road you should definetly consider it. Vassal states are just too damn cool not to have around.

Amen!

In addition, switching to Warlords would be a good way of supporting/encouraging new Civ expansions. Companies make products in order to make money. If the expansions don't make money, they stop making them (and eventually cease the product line entirely).

See if you can guess whether or not I bought the product BEFORE finding out FfH would not be compatable.

Kael said:
Yeap, cultural conversion reverts nodes back to raw mana (so you arent stuck with whatever your neighbor made them into).

Patch "a" is up and linked in the first post.

That's what I thought. Wonderful! Would've been kind of useless to go to war for mana otherwise, but as it works that way, just wonderful. I must say I approve of this new change. Whilst it'll force a new style of play most certainly, given how I used to use my mages, it is an entirely good chance. Anything that makes it more strategically challenging and requires planning is good. Plus, it'll actually make a difference between how different players use them. And the "Palace mana" will also make more of a difference. So.. Yeah baby!

Wee. Cheers. :)

Patch "B" is up and linked in the first post. It fixes the following issues:

1. Kuriotates can't use the Summon Phoenix spell to get around their city limit.
2. Reduced the fire mana from the Eternal Flame wonder from 3 to 1.
3. Reduced Typhoid Mary from strength 7 to 6.
4. Removed the redundant Krakens.
5. Added lots of new sounds for Golems, Goblins, Skeletons, Vampires, Wraiths, Dwarves, Zombies and Imps from Yorgos.
6. Fixed the python error on the victory screen.
7. Updated Vampire Lord skin from McGlocklinMA.
8. Dwarven Vaults aren't retained through cultural conversions.
9. Tons of new text fixes by AndrewDJ.

Patch "B" will break save games, sorry.

Patch b out already..sheesh i cant even download any of it, keeps crapping out@#$@#$@# :mad:

i have DSL 3000/541, and dont have any issues with any other downloads... I am guessing I have to click on the download at a lucky time heh heh

Whee. I can play again ^__^

0.13 was my fav mod. 0.14 however always kept CTDing on me.

Now I tested 0.15 yesterday, and after playing 100 turns I still hadn't crashed. That's when I needed to quit though.

Thanks for this great mod.

Have you guys thought of including a customised map script for creating random 'fantasy' type worlds? So far, the highlands map is the only one I've played that has really had that feeling of mysterious vastness I like in fantasy, but it's still not exactly what I'm after.

It would be amazing to start up a game of FFHII and explore vast deserts, ancient forests, barren steppe etc. - the sort of thing vanilla civmaps jsut don't replicate. I also wonder whether it would possible to include anything like the landmarks from SMAC - special unique terrain features. e.g. a 'bermuda triangle' in the sea, a place of ancient magic in a forest, etc.

>>>vast deserts, ancient forests, barren steppe<<<

This would be fantastic as the dwarves. Whenever I play one of the stumpy civs, I become a psychotic industrialist. The order of the day is then to slash and burn as many trees as I can while screaming 'f--- the elves!', regardless of the shield gain (if any), replace the wreckage with mines and work shops so that the (imagined) pollution from my empire chokes out the sun, and hopefully makes the pointy eared nonces die of heartbreak. I do use adepts to convert deserts into more livable plains, but only so I can industrialise them. :D

Dwarves bring out the worst in me.

Otoh, as an elven civ I would luuurve massive chunks of forestry in some strange elven way that the lesser (other) races would intepret as perverted. 'To the tree tops my effeminate brethren, we shall live in harmony with the squirrels.'

I love role-playing my games, really. Nothing enhances excellent game mechanics like a dodgy accent and ranting, sweary, speeches made to your monitor.

Seriously though, the tectonics map script found elsewhere on this site has been giving me some pretty good maps. It's still a work in progress, but I'm liking it so far.

the map script sounds interesting indeed, I'd like to hear about what results people got with it and FfH2...

Uberslacker said:
replace the wreckage with mines and work shops so that the (imagined) pollution from my empire chokes out the sun, and hopefully makes the pointy eared nonces die of heartbreak.

Amen. I take it you were another one cheering for the orcs (who lets face it, are supposed to be the working class) while reading Lord of the Rings. Stick it to fey Enya-loving nonces - pavement over their ecologically sound summer homes with furnaces and drinking dens. Huzzah!

Only just noticed the added amount of racial mana given. Nice touch. Even though I'm having to learn them all over again now. ;)

Entirely on the side of that.. *assumes Jerry Seinfeld voice* What is the deal with the Shrine of the Champion ? ^_^ Or, more to the point, the civpedia claims it has no requirements, but I somehow suspect that isn't true. So.. What's the story with that one. It looks juicy.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
Only just noticed the added amount of racial mana given. Nice touch. Even though I'm having to learn them all over again now. ;)

Entirely on the side of that.. *assumes Jerry Seinfeld voice* What is the deal with the Shrine of the Champion ? ^_^ Or, more to the point, the civpedia claims it has no requirements, but I somehow suspect that isn't true. So.. What's the story with that one. It looks juicy.

Cheers!
You must have your civilizational hero die first. So some civs can't get it (Grigori, Lanun right now) and some probably won't due to late occurance of their hero (Kuriotates, Sheaim). But it's a national wonder, so you don't have to worry about being the first to have a hero die.
And don't forget, you can resurect heros, so if you want it, invest in a life node at some point.

no sound for the hippus ?

and by the way , which map you guys most preffer to play with ?
is thera ny map with built in cities and units ?

thanx

I'm right now playing as Calabim with the Veil religion. I was sending Losha Valas around to all my cities feasting to get higher experience, and then right at the end of the turn, my game crashed. Is this a known bug?

Top Bottom