G-Major 101

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Space Colony (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Large
  • Map Type: Inland Sea
  • Speed: Epic
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 10th February to 10th March 2012
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Hello :salute:! I played here for the first time (G-Minor 138) and a few in the Game of the Mouth. I want to continue playing (now G-Major 101 and G-Minor 139), but I have a doubt: this victory condition Space Colony :eek:! I never played with it. Is it the same as Space Race? If not, how I proceed to play :think: ???

Space colony is new victory type that was brought with BTS expansion.
The difference with space victory is the space travel duration. In Warlords and before, it was instataneous and required all SS parts. In bts, we can ignore some SS parts at the cost of either speed to Alpha Centauri or risk to failure.

Now I understood. So it's time to play and I guess that I can win at Monarch (everything has a beginning)... ;)

Thank you guys!!! :thumbsup:

I have a late 18th century submission pending.

This was interesting. I played the whole game at 100% science on the slider. I picked up two goody huts at for about 250 gold. I went for quick alphabet and currency. I had jammed the map full of AI (15 13 total, one short of the max iirc). I begged, demanded and traded techs and maps for a tremendous amount of gold.

HoF AI Civ maximum is 14 for a Large map. (15 Civs including the player.) If you really have 15 AI, then at least one must be a colony.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom