[MOD] Land of our Fathers

I've now uploaded and added a link to Land of our Fathers v1.1.

Couple of tweaks, major addition is Portugal as a playable nation :)

the file is now at 2upload.com as it exceeds CivFanatics 10Mb file limit. (mainly due to the new leaderheads - from AOD2)
Spoiler :
========================
VERSION 1.1
========================
* changed text on "2x as likely chance to get Treasure from Ancient ruins" (bad English!)
* changed Father John Jacob Astor to +25% fur, added +1 Expert Fur Trapper (not purchasable in Europe - all units are now available in some way game)
* added King of Portugal (Purple, leaderhead from Civ4 - Portugal, pedia from AOD2/Wikipedia)
* changed Father John Paul Jones to +1 Frigate, free promotion (Veteran I) for all Naval units (to distinguish from Aviz' new Seafarer trait)
* added trait Exporters (free promotion Cargo Holds)
* added Portugal colonies (Dark purple, flag from AOD2, trait: Exporters)
* added trait Seafarer (free promotion Navigation I, all naval units)
* added Portugal leader Henry Aviz (trait: Seafarer, leaderhead from Ekmek, pedia from AOD2/Wikipedia)
* added trait Explorer (-25% horses required for scout profession)
* added Portugal leader Martim de Sousa (trait: Explorer, leaderhead from C.Roland, pedia from AOD2/Wikipedia)
* added promotion Cargo Holds (Naval units only, +1 cargo capacity, requires Great General, recycled icon from Collateral damage III)

this looks like a great mod :) thanks so much for making it.

thankyou very much Banira :D

heres hoping the Modders can make the new Colonization as good as the last (will be difficult!) ... if not then just a bit more of a fun game for me to play :)

this looks like a realy great mod.just downloaded it and im going to try it out

Posted an update:

http://www.2shared.com/file/4417412/149db09a/Land_of_our_Fathers_v1_2.html

========================
VERSION 1.2
========================

* added Audioscripts2d.xml (allows play of the currently non-functioning portuguese music)
* added Audioscripts3d.xml (allows play of the currently non-functioning portuguese music)
* added Audiodefines.xml (allows play of the currently non-functioning portuguese music)
* Removed PublicMaps (saves 1.4Mb filespace, looking to add fairweathe maps again at a later date)
* Removed CvGameCoreDLL (saves 3.4Mb filespace, cpp files not necessary for playing the mod)
* Attack crossing river modifier now -20% (was -10%, is -10% in vanilla)
* Attack from ship modifier now -40% (was -25%, is -20% in vanilla, attempt to fix a single and multiplayer exploit of loading loads of cannons on a ship and attacking without chance of counter attack)
* Amphibious promotion (Melee, Mounted, Gunpowder) now requires Combat IV (was Combat II)
* Diplomacy text change "We would like to offer you the lands this settlement is on as a sign of our respect." to "We would like to offer you the land our settlement was founded upon as a sign of our respect." (clarity)

Hey Jenks,
Is there a way to work in the classic music from the original game as options to play in the background? The files are readily available, just a matter of working into the playlist, or a jukebox.

Also, what about extending the 300 day limit to the victory condition? Is it possible?

Best,
Snoop

gonna have a listen to the old school music tomorrow see if they can be worked in.

if so they will probably be as part of the "shuffle"

now posted v1.3

http://www.2shared.com/file/4424123/1b69c41a/Land_of_our_Fathers_v1_3.html

========================
VERSION 1.3 (adds original soundtrack, new map, new europe screen, Founding Fathers gameplay tweak, text change, shortcut)
========================
* added FaireWeather mapscript (slow at generating map but very 'earth-like')
* added CIV4EraInfos.xml (allows music to be split per era)
* added classic colonization 1 music, split between the era-shuffled playlists (Discovery & Expansion playlist: BirdSong, BonnyMorn, SmokyTune, Nightengale, FountainOfYouth, Cornwall, LittleFiddle) (Colonial & Independance playlist: OldJoeClark, FishersHornpipe, ShadyGrove, JineTheCavalry, FiddlersDance)
* added shortcut to load Mod directly (copy to desktop or start menu for quicker loading)
* added Europescreen version 3, art included and added patched python file CvEuropeScreen.py
* reduced value of Pocahontas (+1 Indian convert, plus +3 strengthens relations with natives, one off auto-peace with the natives) to (+1 Indian convert, plus +2 strengthens relations with natives, one off auto-peace with the natives)
* increased value of Bartolome de las Casas (+25% conversion rate from missions) to (+25% conversion rate from missions, +1 relations with natives, one off auto-peace)
* slightly increased value of Peter Minuit (-50% cost of indian lands) to (-60% cost of indian lands)
* slightly increased value of Lewis & Clark (-25% cost of indian lands, +1 movement for wagon trains, +1 movement merchantman) to (-35% cost of indian lands, +1 movement for wagon trains, +1 movement merchantman)
* new town name added for Portugal : São José da Barra (lubricus)
* changed to a unique icon for Cargo Holds (searchlight icon from Road to War), still awaiting a better one

-----------------
thats gonna be the last update i get done this week as I am offline moving home!

as always feedback and suggestions much appreciated :)

Must I download each patch/version in order to get the full changes? Are there certain files that aren't in the 1.3 patch zip? or can I just download the 1.3 patch and have all updates to all files?

Best,
Snoop

Must I download each patch/version in order to get the full changes? Are there certain files that aren't in the 1.3 patch zip? or can I just download the 1.3 patch and have all updates to all files?

Best,
Snoop

all versions are standalone Mods (if you have downloaded LooF v1.3 then you don't need any others)

If you have previous versions still saved you can delete them!

cheers

I would like to see a split of this mod. One with just the founding father balances (modcomp) and one composite mod (includes the other). Also explanations of all the FF changes would be nice.

Regarding (team-)multiplay:
I have played version 1.0 of this (excellent) mod, worked great.
Now in (the even better) v1.3 I get the dreaded "game is out of sync" messages, seems to be related to the new Europe screen.

You can try to remove Europe screen and see if error still continues:

1. Replace "Land of our Fathers v1.3\Assets\Python\Screens\CvEuropeScreen.py" with the default one from AOD2 or Patchmod.
  2. Remove "Land of our Fathers v1.3\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Europe"-directory.

You can try to remove Europe screen and see if error still continues:

1. Replace "Land of our Fathers v1.3\Assets\Python\Screens\CvEuropeScreen.py" with the default one from AOD2 or Patchmod.
  2. Remove "Land of our Fathers v1.3\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Europe"-directory.

Thank you, I will try this and give feedback ASAP.

New Europe screen multiplay out-of-sync bug confirmed:
I have removed the Europe screen and played for 3 hours WITHOUT any out-of-sync messages.

shame europe screen is causing an error.

I might have to take it back out of the next version :(

i love the look of it as oppose to the brown screen but i'd always rather have a completely bug-free mod (hence not putting pirates/africa screen in yet)

Looks like it's fixed already.

What about this?

I would like to see a split of this mod. One with just the founding father balances (modcomp) and one composite mod (includes the other). Also explanations of all the FF changes would be nice.

Europe screen bug is detected, Dale and koma13 are informed, see this thread

coming soon:

========================
VERSION 1.4 ('realism' and balance changes including naturally breeding horses in ranches and stables, 3 treasures allowed per galleon, longer seiges of european colonies, less indian converts, and Founding Fathers gameplay tweaks following playtesting)
========================
* treasure unit now down to 2 in cargo size, still requires galleons (i.e. galleon can carry up to 3 treasure at a time)
* jesuit missionaries no longer always successful (still generate +50% converts, success rate not editable at present)
* decreased number of native converts (increased initial missionary points convert threshold by +100%, from 1000 to 2000)
* increased growth of native villages, (reduced threshold for growth by 20%, from 100 to 80)
* return to vanilla - edited to give dutch a free merchantman rather than caravel
* increased gold from capturing enemy colonies (up to 20 gold, +20 gold per population (was +10gold per pop) - effects more noticeable when capturing large colonies)
* halved unit bombardment rates for cannon/artillery/frigate/ship of the line/man o war (seiges of colonies to destroy fortifications will take 2x time/units)
* added value to Stables (+1 horses/turn, cost up from 30 to 50 hammers) and Ranch buildings (+2 horses/turn, cost up from 90 to 150 hammers)
* changed value of Hernando de Soto (+1 Master Rancher, +50% production of stables and ranches)
* increased value of Cyrus McCormick (+1 food on tiles with 1 food, +1 Expert Farmer) to (+1 food on tiles with 2 food, +1 food on tiles with 2 sugar, +1 food on tiles with 2 cotton, +1 food on tiles with 2 tobacco)
* increased value of Benjamin Franklin (+1 galleon, +4 veteran soldiers, +2 cannons) to (+1 galleon, +1 ship of the line +4 veteran soldiers, +4 cannons)
* increased value of Hernan Cortes (+50% great general emergence) to (+50% great general emergence, +10% str vs indians)
* switched Lewis & Clark FF position with Alexander von Humboldt
* increased value of Lewis & Clark (-25% cost of indian lands, +1 movement for wagon trains, +1 movement merchantman) to (+1 movement wagon trains and merchantmen, -10% hammers required for all buildings)
* changed value of Juan de Sepulveda (+2 Jesuit missionaries, plus +25% conversion rate from missions) to (+2 Jesuit missionaries, -20% cost of native land)
* changed value of Gabriel Lallemant (+2 Jesuit missionaries) to (+1 Jesuit missionary, +25% conversion rate)
* increased value of Pocahontas (+1 Indian convert, plus +2 strengthens relations with natives, one off auto-peace with the natives) to (+1 Indian convert, plus +2 strengthens relations with natives, one off auto-peace with the natives, -10% cost of indian land)
* increased value of William Brewster (+1 free colonist, plus +25% construction of churches & cathedrals) to (+50% construction of churches & cathedrals)
* switched Diego de cuellar FF position with De Coronado
* increased value of de Cuellar (+3 Indentured servants) to (+2 Indentured servants, +1 Veteran soldier)
* changed value of Patrick Henry (+3 bells per Town Hall) to (+2 bells per town hall, +2 bells per printing press, +4 bells per newspaper)

Top Bottom