Gotm17-Carthage Results and Congratulations

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
Please join us in congratulating all the intrepid Carthaginian Admirals who submitted games results for Gotm17-Carthage.

Over 184 players submitted games for this event included many first time players from the MAC and PTW ranks.

Complete Gotm17-Carthage Results

We will have more statistical information to share with you on this game as we continue to update all the records and analyse the impacts of the new scoring system.

Congrats to all, and a minute's silence for all those intrepid galley captains who made the ultimate sacrifice.

I ranked better than I expected - I wasted a huge opportunity for trade after I made my first contacts :(

Thanks to Cracker & the team for all the hard work.

Ted

Yeah! My first 100K culture award! :)

We finally have separate awards for fastest 20K and 100K victories - two vastly different types. Good work, team!

Congratulations to all the prize winners. Dave beat the calculator's 'max score', wow ... :king:

It seems that to go against the obvious, ie conquest or semi-conquest on a map where you start so isolated, was the way to go for this GOTM.

And congratulations to everyone who played the game to the end, for better or worse. Our flock is growing.

Conquest in 970AD. Amazing. I would have cheerfully killed someone for the world map at that date ;)

Well done to everyone who submitted and thanks for making the game so enjoyable.

I echo Ted's feelings: congratulations to all players, to the winners and (albeit a bit less in a spur of modesty) to myself for ranking a lot higher than I thought... :D

This game also marks a topic moment in GOMT history, with the introduction of the new scoring system and a revision of the special awards.

So, more congratulations are due this month, especially for the first players to secure the new-born "cow" award, for the highest in-game score, and the fastest 20k Culture win award -Moonsinger and SirPleb.

Moonsinger -how did you know of that award? Did you want to get the highest score or is it that you just can't help? ;)

More congratulations to Kemal for his fourth (!) fastest space race award and to DaveMcW, who (rumour has it) will try to win GOTM 18 in 6750 BC...

Folks, you are just too good... :)

Well done to all who played and submitted. :goodjob:

Thanks to the gotm team for their effort to allow as many users as possible to participate in this competition, with now 1.29f, PTW1.14, PTW 1.21, and Mac users able to play and discuss the same game.

My congrats to all the winners as well. I thought I was doing quite well when I finished by domination, but I see now I've been waiting too long to get started with the war effort. Probably due to my usual playstyle of being peaceful until attacked. I must try a few games with domination in mind from the outset to get used to it.

Congratulations everyone!:goodjob: I see that everyone are moving up the chart!:up: That early conquest by Dave was so amazing; I was barely getting off my home island while he already conquered the whole world.

To Eman: My prediction about you collecting the bronze was right on target.;)

PS: I got the first cow award.:) It was a nice surprise.:)

Alright !!!!!!!! :eek: # 151 - Just like my favorite Bacardi. Well, I needed a starting point in my first GOTM, so now I am shooting to be ranked at least 120 or higher in the GOTM18. Of course, a victory would greatly enhance my chances.

Regrettably, the new way to display the results table does not work on (my?) Macs. I tried
  • MacOS 9.2.2 with IE, Navigator, Mozilla
  • MaxOS X 10.2.4 with IE, Safari, Mozilla
The result was always the same: not table. :(

Only after firing up (o.k. more of a slow start ;) ) Virtual PC and Windows IE, I could see my 28th rank. :) :) :( (more happy, than sorry).

...........that found the time to be TRUE CivFanatics for the GOTM game.......a lot of work & time ferrying units all over the World.

Still trying to figure out how DaveMcW can win GOTM games, yes plural, so much quicker than anyone else! Well done Dave :goodjob: :goodjob:

To Moonsinger: Congrats on the Cow Award, which, IMHO, should be renamed the MOO_SINGER Award! :lol:
I must admit, I was only hoping to make the Top 10.........and I'm reading these results in the EasyInternet cafe in London between business meetings..........this was more exciting than learning that we have a Buyer for our English company! :)
Thanks for your accurate prediction Moonsinger.

EMan

well, i finished 149 on my 1st gotm. I am learning more everytime I play and I hgave only played civ for 6 months. so I'll take not last place!!! I hope to comtinue to learn from all that I read here from the masters!!

I will also play every gotm no matter how hard or easy they are!

Whee, made the top 50 -- :p which was just about my 'gee it would be nice if' goal starting out. Gonna be starting gotm18 this weekend, RL willing, so will see if I improve any next time around. :)

Renata

Good job every one. I got third early domination and 6th overall. Ther is not one milking attempt!!! Wow.
Frankly I expected top 20 but did not think I would go that much up the table.

Congratulations to everyone who played and submitted the game. :goodjob:

This map made the game much more challenging than we have seen in months past, so a special congratulations to the fast finishers, especially DaveMcW. I am still amazed at how fast you were able to conquesr the world!! :eek:

Re: tao

Yes, I notice the same thing (couldn't see the results table). Nonetheless, from the spoiler threads I know that there are a lot of people who have pushed the game to its limits. Congrats on all of the astonishing finishes (pre 1000 AD conquest :eek: ).

Congratulations to everyone, what a great month! It is good to see the scores spread out more evenly by the Jason scoring, it looks like it is working well.

DaveMcW, special congrats on your conquest, very impressive! And EMan and Bamspeedy on your conquests, they're quite impressive too. And alexman on your diplo, no mean feat on this map with that score. And congrats to all the other high scorers, there sure are a lot of good games this time. Moonsinger, congrats on getting the first cow award - it seems appropriate that in this game where none of us milked to the end, you nonetheless had the best dairy farm!

Wow, 184 submitting players. I gained a few spots, the learning curve continues to slow me down. I have no figured out how to win a domination game at this level so I will be downloading a few savedgames to study.

Congratulations players and moderators.

SirPleb,

Thank you for your kind words.:) Just want to let you know that because you were playing the PTW version, I couldn't open your save game. So finally, I decided to get PTW. Just ordered it from Amazon.com for $26.99. With the $10 rebate and free shipping, it came down to $16.99.:) Therefore, I will visit your 20K city soon.

Top Bottom