Units : Western#1 - Animation for Bandit

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior
Ok. Now i can edit the frames.:D but how do i make the unit chage colors for different civs.:confused:

When you open up the flc using Flicster a .PAL file is created. If you load the .PAL (Palette) file into a program like PaintShopPro, you will notice that the first part of the file is of the same color but in different shades (either blue or red). These are the Civ color. As long as these colors appear in the animation, they will change to the different Civ color when in the game. :)

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior
one more question. How do u add to shadow.

Shadow uses mostly 248 - 255 position of the palette (the last one being always the pink transparent color) :)

I've been thinking about adding an early sea unit for Expansionist civs, like a Scout at sea. I was thinking that a Polynesian Outrigger would be perfect. Any chance you could do one for me?

Originally posted by Willem
I've been thinking about adding an early sea unit for Expansionist civs, like a Scout at sea. I was thinking that a Polynesian Outrigger would be perfect. Any chance you could do one for me?

I take every request as a challenge! :D

So just post a few good drawing or picture here and I will work on it for you (or someone will, before me, who knows? ;) )

I posted the start of the coracle over on the units main thread. I realize this isn't an outrigger but it is an early boat. I haven't quite gotten the hang of flicster yet so I haven't been able to complete the unit, but someone like DS or anyone else proficient with the program should be able to make quick work of the story board I posted over there.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?

hope this helps.

Originally posted by Kal-el
I posted the start of the coracle over on the units main thread. I realize this isn't an outrigger but it is an early boat. I haven't quite gotten the hang of flicster yet so I haven't been able to complete the unit, but someone like DS or anyone else proficient with the program should be able to make quick work of the story board I posted over there.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?

hope this helps.

Oops. I have used the coracle as a base for the Indian Canoe (see my thread under the creation forum). :D

Quote:I take every request as a challenge!

i've got a request ;) (thats y all the qeustions:crazyeyes )
i'm trying to make a unit that looks like this:

Attachments

• winged_swordsman.gif
    winged_swordsman.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 393
Originally posted by Dark Sheer

So just post a few good drawing or picture here and I will work on it for you (or someone will, before me, who knows? ;) )

OK, I'll have a look around. But first I want to install the new patch.

willem,

isn't this from a game? if so you should be able to go to that games website and grab screen shots from it to help out anybody who might want to try the animations.

Originally posted by Dark Sheer

OK, I had a look around and came up with a couple of images that should do the trick. Here's the first one.

Attachments

• outrigger.jpg
    outrigger.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 308
And here's the other. Let me know if you'd like anymore.

Attachments

• outrigger_b.jpg
    outrigger_b.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 311
I read that you want ancient and medieval naval unit ideas.It is a bit late but here are some suggestions.
Coracle is nice.Would be of help.
A Fire Trireme was helpful in the scenarios in civ2.Using trireme for transport and fire trireme for combat would be handy.
Galleys were widely used in ancient eras till very late. I read that Spanish Armada used these.

I read some ships in The Armada like Zabra, Gallease, West Indiaman.

Pataches were used for scouting and carrying despaches.

And Urcas were used for supply.

Hope these information is helpful.

Keep up the good work:goodjob:

I forgot to mention the Vikings` longships. They were used to invade Europe in Medieval Ages. I do not know if Drakkar was their common name or A name of a single ship:confused:

bye again:)

Biplane.

Or a balloon. (could use the one from Civ2)

Something so I wouldn't go straight from nothing to WWII aviation.

Top Bottom