SGOTM 11 Rules Discussion

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Please use this thread to discuss, ask questions about, or seek clarification of the rules for SGOTM 11.

What is intended for Diplo victory?
AP or UN?

Can you think i don't take part on a rules discussion?

Diplomatic victory specifically means a UN victory. AP victories are not permitted in this competition.

Thank you for the answer, DS.

I agree that Diplo is usually the UN VC, but just to be safe...

Another question:
do the 4 GPersons and the 4 warriors stand on the fur or you can have them anywhere on the map?

Is not much ask to have none of our rivals in FR? usually those victory conditions take place when all the AI have Liberalism and once they switch to FR there's no way to bribe them to adopt a religion, mainly if FR is their FC.

BLubmuz said:
do the 4 GPersons and the 4 warriors stand on the fur or you can have them anywhere on the map?
AlanH said:
...you must have a welcoming party ready on the fur: Four great people (to symbolise Eldine's greatness) and four warriors (to symbolise the toil and labour as you raised Eldine's great civilization from a single settler)...

BLubmuz said:
Is not much ask to have none of our rivals in FR? usually those victory conditions take place when all the AI have Liberalism and once they switch to FR there's no way to bribe them to adopt a religion, mainly if FR is their FC.
Maybe the opponent's FC is theo, maybe OR, maybe there are other ways... ;)

No more than two AIs have a 'you declared war on us' negative modifier towards you.

So, this should mean that we can declare war on the same two AI's multiple times. Or is it intended to be be maximum two declarations in total? (if so, it should be reworded)

Also, the FR requirement could potentially be the cause of some serious :wallbash:
I do trust the mapmakers (enough anyway :p) to not have created excessive fake difficulty in accomplishing the goals though. A civ with a FR favourite civic CAN be managed within the rules, although it may or may not be practically possible.

Are we allowed to have other units on the fur tile on the turn of victory (like archers or machine guns, etc.)?

Are we allowed to build a fort or city on the fur tile (as long as our cities have access to fur of course)?

The required resources can be obtained through trade with the AIs, correct?

This is going to be a fun pre-game, game, and post-game :lol:.

There is room to vassalize 2 opponents that don't want to change of their own free will ;)

Yes, can you obtain the fur from trading? And I think I gets this right, you have to reach all of the goals and win UN victory right?

How long does the 'You declared war on us' modifier last,
or is it permanent??

IIRC it's permanent

The "you declared war on us" is permanet, IIRC.
But our Grrrrreat Staff said 2 AIs, not the number ot times you declared on those.

If there's only one source of fur, it's close to impossible have it in trade, unless under control of a vassal.

Don't underestimate the bad luck! The "State Religion constraint" can be a huge factor of unbalance this competition.

After a while almost all the AI will switch to FR, even if it's not their FC.
Usually a cultural or a Diplo game lasts long after Liberalism.

I guess that the usual "earliest date wins" is enough, given the other constraints.

RE the 'Viewing Threads' warning.

How is this policed? I used to think that you should check who/when people read the GOTM spoilers and cross-reference that with their submitted game..... until I misclicked and opened the wrong thread.

I exited as soon as the thread opened, but I would hate to be excluded for doing this.
(FYI, it was the latest WOTM or BOTM, can't remember which).

Hmmm... The rules state that we can only have 2 civs with a "You Declared War on Us" penalty. However, civs that have been eliminated don't have anything to say on the matter.

With that said, is it possible to eliminate all but 2 civs, both of whom have a "YDWOU" penalty?

Regarding Ivory, even if you research Idustrialism, making it obsolete, your civilization still has "access" to the resource (i.e. is shows up in the city screen), no?

Mitchum said:
Hmmm... The rules state that we can only have 2 civs with a "You Declared War on Us" penalty. However, civs that have been eliminated don't have anything to say on the matter.
AlanH said:
# Every AI is still alive and running a state religion.

Please guys, read the whole post thoroughly. If you happen to have still open questions, read it again, then post.

It said all civs must still be standing.

RE the 'Viewing Threads' warning.

How is this policed? I used to think that you should check who/when people read the GOTM spoilers and cross-reference that with their submitted game..... until I misclicked and opened the wrong thread.

I exited as soon as the thread opened, but I would hate to be excluded for doing this.
(FYI, it was the latest WOTM or BOTM, can't remember which).
This applies only on the current SGotM.
Since there is any, you can freely browse any thread.

Once SG11 starts you cannot access any competing team thread (regarding SG11, not the previous SGs), only yours until you're finished.

Since this is my first SGOTM, how do you organize yourself in a thread without other people seeing? Do you do it by PM, but that's seems harder to do.

Okay, thanks. But are they private or can another team look?

Top Bottom