Livestream #3: "Affinities: Which Direction?" - Aug 28th

Is anyone else ecstatic that they are showing us all this stuff? Because I am.

Hope there will be other ways to get xenomass, because now the only xenomass is unther alien nests it seems... While fireaxite and floatstone where much more plentifull.

Well harmony is suppose to be friendly with aliens. Either they will enable you to make them your pets or non hostile when you make a city near them. Xenomass is for late game so should not have to worry about that for awhile.

I like how the last Stream talked about choosing an Affinity based on your landing site. I prefer to role play a little bit, but adapting to the map is probably more beneficial in the long run.

@onion

I think adapting to your start is the best role playing there is

I am really hoping to see them discuss the harmony affinity in a bit more detail. Though they have talked about it a bit, it is a whole different animal to see how gameplay is affected.

^I see what you did there

I am really hoping to see them discuss the harmony affinity in a bit more detail. Though they have talked about it a bit, it is a whole different animal to see how gameplay is affected.

In particular I want to see the Harmony level 3 bonus (and to a lesser extent what the Explorer and Orbital bonuses are)

I want to see how Harmony acquires xenomass if not by eliminating alien nests.
Also it would be nice to see some Harmony specific units. :)

Oh, and some mid to late game leaders would be awesome! How they look like, how they speak etc...
I'm still intrigued by the thought of a full Supremacy Elodie. :borg:

Oh, and some mid to late game leaders would be awesome! How they look like, how they speak etc...
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to how Harmony leaders will look like. For some reason I can't help myself but picture Samatar with a green-ish skin and gills. Totally badass. :p

Google images, disembodied borg queen, replace face with Élodie, never sleep again :eek:

Saving this post for tooltips, etc for the civ features thread

Improvements found:
Node seems to add energy, possibly +1 science*
Farms seem to add +1 science*
Chitin Paddocks add +1 culture*
Academies give Science, cost energy maintenance*
Firaxite Mine requires 2 energy maintenance
Floatstone Quarry also requires 2 energy maintenance
Geothermal Well gives energy

*under certain conditions

Units/Upgrades found

Generic facts:
Gold gives +1culture
Science was in red on Supremacy playthrough ...possibly because energy was negative, or because health was negative.
18 levels
Sabotage destroys a tile and what they are building?
Siege Worms might destroy city, but at least some tiles and possibly military units
Dirty bomb drops the population

And then the expected:
Harmony abilities
Level 1 Alien aggression level returns to neutral twice as fast
Level 3 miasma does 5 less damage to units (so -5 instead of -10)
Level 6 Miasma heals units 5 points (so +5 instead of -5)
Level 8 4 free Xenomass
Level 11 thumper operation
level 13 endgame construction (mind flower)

Some questions to answer.

How are affinity specifc units/buildings affinity specific
attached to affinity giving tech?
requires X affinity level?
requires Affinity to be the greatest one?
(Units only) X affinity level is for upgrades, but 0 affinity actually required?... They do get affinity upgrades

How many Affinity points does an Affinity level cost?
does it only depend on your level, or does the level of other factions affect it?

If they are showing off harmony I really hope they show if they can use or rely upon the natives aliens in conflicts later on in the game. Though I hope they don't actually show the biotitan I want to see that for the first time as its barreling down on a city.
It will be interesting to see if certain wonders could only be acquired after reaching a certain level in an affinity too.

Since affinity points come primarily from techs, I am hoping we get more info on techs like buildings or wonders that we've not seen before. Get ready to pause the video a lot for tool tips. ;)

I'm sure we'll get lots of new info, but 20 mins per affinity I feel can't be sufficient. I'd rather they made 3 separate videos going into each in more detail.

I'm sure we'll get lots of new info, but 20 mins per affinity I feel can't be sufficient. I'd rather they made 3 separate videos going into each in more detail.

I'm not complaining with 20 minutes. Hopefully, it will be enough to see some interesting unique affinity units that we've not seen before or learn more about the unique affinity units that we've only seen in screenshots.

Top Bottom