Civ5 SDK Available on Steam

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
A number of modding tools are now available for download on Steam, including the WorldBuilder, Lua script IDE, ModBuddy, and Nexus art importer.

In addition, 2K Games has put together a community-driven Civ5 wiki that explains some of these features. Here is their description of ModBuddy:

"ModBuddy is an integrated development environment (IDE) for Civilization 5 mod development. Features include a code editor with syntax coloring for Lua and SQL, source code control (SCC) plugin support, and the ability to upload finished mod packages to the Civilization 5 Community Hub. ModBuddy is built off of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Isolated Shell."

To download the SDK, once in Steam, simply click Library, then Tools, and search for "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK". Happy modding!

Thanks to croxis for the news tip!

I don't see a download option in STEAM for any of this.
Downloaded OK here using Ginger_Ale's instructions ...
n Steam, simply click Library, then Tools, and search for "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK"
When you click on it, it downloads. Once downloaded, double click it and it launches.
ModBuddy is currently broken however, it refuses to launch
I was able to launch it, and I have WorldBuilder open right now. This is on a Mac, in a Parallels Windows XP virtual machine.

Nice, I assumed this would get delayed longer ;) Now I don't have an excuse not to start on a mod.

I can't open modbuddy ... asks for msvcr100.dll ... if added, it says that components are missing and asks for a reinstall. Yeah, right , thanks.

WB is ok ... clearly a improvement over civ IV one ( dale gets a skip on gripes for now )

ModBuddy doesn't work.

Worldbuilder does.

EDIT: works now with ShallowGrave's post

ModBuddy is working here. I had to download and install the Microsoft VS 2010 system. Maybe those having trouble already had a version of VS in place, and it isn't quite compatible?

I can't get FireTuner to connect to a running game, but that's probably just my incompetence.

It just downloaded for me.

Twice tried to run worldbuilder to mod Dale's Europe map but the program crashed the PC both times and had to be rebooted. I suspect video issues. I'm d/l this micorsoft video studio shell program to see if installing it will help modbuddy too. Wish me luck...

Okay so i've enabled the tuner... HOW do i go about editing a game in progess? I can't find a guide or anything, anywhere for the tuner

edit: Never mind, had to simply quit, and restart Civ 5

Cannot run modbuilder without crashing. Game runs fine but this won't.

In the config.ini for Civ5, you need to set

Code:
; Set to 1 to enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
EnableTuner = 1

Thanks, yes, I found it. Scary !!!

Top Bottom