New civs start biases?

Raiki

Warlord
I tried searching the forums, but didn't find anything on this topic.

Has anyone confirmed the start biases of the 9 new civs? I tried digging around in the XML myself to find it, but it managed to elude me.

~R~

Civs starting along Ocean
Spain, Carthage

Civs starting near Forest
Celts

Civs starting near Grass
The Netherlands

No other civs have any biases..

Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE</CivilizationType>
<StartAlongOcean>true</StartAlongOcean>
</Row>
<Delete CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_SPAIN"/>
<Replace>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_SPAIN</CivilizationType>
<StartAlongOcean>true</StartAlongOcean>
</Replace>
</Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
<Civilization_Start_Region_Priority>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CELTS</CivilizationType>
<RegionType>REGION_FOREST</RegionType>
</Row>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS</CivilizationType>
<RegionType>REGION_GRASS</RegionType>
</Row>

That's strange, I would have thought they would have given The Netherlands a marsh bias. And I would have bet dollars to door nails that they had given the Maya a jungle bias, considering both games I've played as them put me so deep in the jungle that I didn't see another civ until almost the Medieval era.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ Well, thanks for your help anyway, BigOz. Much appreciated.

~R~

That's strange, I would have thought they would have given The Netherlands a marsh bias. And I would have bet dollars to door nails that they had given the Maya a jungle bias, considering both games I've played as them put me so deep in the jungle that I didn't see another civ until almost the Medieval era.

~R~

I think I've seen more jungle than usual in general since G&K.

I think I've seen more jungle than usual in general since G&K.

That's been my experience too, but with the Maya, it was ridiculous. Jungle in every direction for 5-15 tiles. It wasn't all bad, because I had a couple good resources each time, and they really bedame science powerhouses once I hit universities/rationalism, but it was still frustrating when I was trying to explore and fight barbs.

~R~

yeh u do get alot of marshless starts sometimes. but on the other hand floodplains are great for building polders, and if u do get marsh u usualy get a few tiles of it in a cluster.

glad carthage gets a ocean start. shame byz dosent. plenty of civs already get ocean starts as it is tho

Glad carthage gets a ocean start. shame byz dosent. plenty of civs already get ocean starts as it is tho

To be fair, plenty of civs are ocean themed. Byzantium has enough going for it, however, that it doesn't really need one. Carthage on the other hand, without an ocean start the useful half of their UA would pretty much require you to spend time running to the nearest coast with your starting settler. Not what I would consider a bonus.

~R~

Almost always start in Jungle with Maya. Surprised its not coded into the bias.

~R~
A marsh bias would be a ridiculous handicap since they'd need to get to Bronze Working before they could even do anything ... At least defending their territory would be pretty easy.

I always use Disable Start Bias in my games, anyways.

A marsh bias would be a ridiculous handicap since they'd need to get to Bronze Working before they could even do anything ... At least defending their territory would be pretty easy.

I always use Disable Start Bias in my games, anyways.

You do know that Holland WANTS those Marshes, right? And not remove them...

Either way I find myself starting in half desert often enough with Holland as well, which makes me wonder. Like last game, Amsterdam was literally surrounded by Desert, though there was grassland not TOO far away. Makes sense with their love for flood plains but still...

Iroquois start with forests

It might just be me, but is there a start bias that makes Sweden start near salt?

Way too many times i get jungle for Sweden to start in (I never touch the climate settings). But thats alright, since northern Europe is known for its vast tropical rainforests!:hammer2:

Top Bottom