Northeast Asian City Styles

Really good looking city! :goodjob:

Some thougths: How about leaving more free space in the center, creating a huge plaza? Advertisements in the buildings would also help to create the effect of a modern city. Blue Monkey's suggestion about having buildings in construction would be also a nice idea. Anyway, this city, as it is now, has a sure place in many scenarios!

I doubt I can fit those in without making the graphics overlap with everything else. Also would be too awkward if you have a city with city improvement graphics even if they don't have them built to begin with.

Any final comments before I consider the Modern graphics complete for size 3?

Attachments

• tamnamodern4.png
    tamnamodern4.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 68
Industrial Tamna.

Tamna's graphics will be used as the "Island Countries" culture group (with the exception of Izumo, which constitutes its own culture group with the Hokuban and Youkai) in the Tempest of the Dragon mod.

Next is to figure out the walls...

Attachments

• tamnaindustrial.png
    tamnaindustrial.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 47
I liked the way the city center looked for the era 2 Tamna city graphics, so I made a few adjustments and came up with a "Market District" city improvement.

Attachments

• markettownicon.png
    markettownicon.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 35
Small Mongolian Temple

Attachments

• yurttemple.png
    yurttemple.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 32
Tamna Sindang [Shaman Shrine]

(Can also be used as an Okinawan / Ryukyu "Utaki", which was similar)

Attachments

• tamnasindangicon.png
    tamnasindangicon.png
    32 KB · Views: 34
Modern wall graphics for Tamna. Three more wall graphics and then I can finally put together the PCX. :)

That gatehouse is supposed to be a toll gate. None actually exist on Jeju Island but they're pretty common in mainland South Korea.

All intruders without proper change will be shot! :crazyeye:

Attachments

• tamnamodernsizewall.png
    tamnamodernsizewall.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 58
Work in progress so far. Only recently realized that these cities are considerably larger than the Firaxis ones. The old Firaxis graphics are pasted over. I'm kind of wondering if I should just keep those smokestacks and Firaxis-made skyscrapers in the background of the modern set since they almost fit in.

After I finish with the Tamna city set, I'm going to fiddle around with Hexagon 2 to create better roof models so I don't need to dedicate so much time to finding workarounds to Bryce's modelling limitations.

Attachments

• tamnawip.png
    tamnawip.png
    210 KB · Views: 45
I think this has to be the best city set I've produced yet. :) Still need to do something about the annoying overlapping shadows...

Attachments

• Tamnaexample.jpg
    Tamnaexample.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom