Hotseat is coming soon

2K Greg

<span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un
As many of you know, I mentioned in the most recent patch notes that there will be a "much-requested addition" coming soon. Well, now the mystery is over:

Hotseat is coming in the next big patch, which is currently slated for a June or possibly early July release.

For those of you that do not know, Hotseat is a method of playing multiplayer where multiple players take turns on the same computer. When one player’s turn is over, they get up and let the other player sit down to play their turn. We’ve received many requests for the ETA for this mode being added to the game and so I’m very happy to get to bring this to you guys today.

Also, this patch will contain far more than just Hotseat. The other details of the patch will be revealed in the future, but I wanted to get you guys this big news as soon as I could!

Yay, great news! I'll get to play some nice Civilization multiplayer games with my girlfriend. :)

Yay, great news! I'll get to play some nice Civilization multiplayer games with my girlfriend. :)

Romance seems to have changed over the years-Time used to be spent riding together in the countryside back in Ancient times, taking a walk in the park in the 1800's, then the 50's rolled around and they started watching movies, or near the end of the 20th Century they might go to a concert, now in the 21st century they see how they can wipe out Montezuma or raze Washington DC to the ground.

I have my valentine's day planned:lol:.

From the 2K Forums:

The time has come to reveal the &#8220;much-requested addition&#8221; that I teased you all with in the most recent patch notes.

Hotseat is coming in the next big patch, which is currently slated for a June or possibly early July release.

For those of you that do not know, Hotseat is a method of playing multiplayer where multiple players take turns on the same computer. When one player&#8217;s turn is over, they get up and let the other player sit down to play their turn. We&#8217;ve received many requests for the ETA for this mode being added to the game and so I&#8217;m very happy to get to bring this to you guys today.

Also, this patch will contain far more than just Hotseat. The other details of the patch will be revealed in the future, but I wanted to get you guys this big news as soon as I could!
Personally I had hoped it was something else as I never play hotseat, but I know some of you were craving for it :)

Eh, glad that it's implemented for other people who wanted it, but I personally have never used it and probably never will. Oh well. Long as the rest of the stuff in the patch is good.

Eh, glad that it's implemented for other people who wanted it, but I personally have never used it and probably never will. Oh well. Long as the rest of the stuff in the patch is good.
I won't be using it either, but it's good that the game is improving slowly but surely.

On the other hand, hotseat is a good method to try out different strategies on your own and see how they work out in the game.

Im glad to see Greg here.

I dont use hotseat that much, but its nice to see that they care about us...I think Im going to cry...excuse me...

Seriously, thank you.

Suggestions:

- Put in a mechanic that prevents players from double-moving in multiplayer such that ending turn before the end of the turn timer isn't a SERIOUS risk. Double moving is not strategy. Double moving has no place in civ.
- Allow shift/alt/control click queuing hotkeys back into the game
- Have an interrupt feature on units with pathing that takes them within range of enemy units (barbs or opponents at war), such that units don't auto-move into danger without instruction (this exists for workers making improvements...well somewhat)
- Do something about the inability to end turn based on the "choose production" loop bug in MP (it prompts you to choose production even when you have done so and blocks end turn)
- Allow settings to be changed in the game-launch lobby, there's no logical reason players can't do this
- Allow more than 4 players to play MP at once
- Allow build commands to go to multiple cities simultaneously
- Allow selection of multiple units at once

Awesome. Hotseat means I can test faster than normal by playing against myself. :lol:

Suggestions:

- Put in a mechanic that prevents players from double-moving in multiplayer such that ending turn before the end of the turn timer isn't a SERIOUS risk. Double moving is not strategy. Double moving has no place in civ.
- Allow shift/alt/control click queuing hotkeys back into the game
- Have an interrupt feature on units with pathing that takes them within range of enemy units (barbs or opponents at war), such that units don't auto-move into danger without instruction (this exists for workers making improvements...well somewhat)
- Do something about the inability to end turn based on the "choose production" loop bug in MP (it prompts you to choose production even when you have done so and blocks end turn)
- Allow settings to be changed in the game-launch lobby, there's no logical reason players can't do this
- Allow more than 4 players to play MP at once
- Allow build commands to go to multiple cities simultaneously
- Allow selection of multiple units at once

You know there's a better place to post this. ;)

So, new DLC end of june or early July as well? Seems likely. I believe the major reason the patch was split into two parts was so that they could release the embarking AI fixes with the Denmark DLC. So now they'll release the balance changes, etc. and that should be fun.

Can't wait to hear what they're planning for balance changes.

Heck, I'd love to hear which systems they're looking at, if they don't have details yet.

So, new DLC end of june or early July as well? Seems likely. I believe the major reason the patch was split into two parts was so that they could release the embarking AI fixes with the Denmark DLC. So now they'll release the balance changes, etc. and that should be fun.
Offtopic: I think you're right about the splitting and a new DLC in june/july. It would also fit the release intervals up until now.
Can't wait to see the new patchnotes and analyse it to guess what DLC it'll be :p

Top Bottom