A new Trait Idea

moopoo

King
One of these days i'll take awesome courses on python and C++ and put all these ideas into a supermod: the MOOPOO MOD. Until then i am resigned to putting them here in the hope that someone will pick these up and bring them to fruition. *sigh* anyway...

This is an Idea for dynamic traits. I'm sure this can be done, coz in FFH they have that "adaptive" trait.

The idea is that your traits are influenced by your actions. for example: Build lots of courthouses, clearly you are an organized individual. therefore you get organized. Found 3 religions? you become spiritual. If you declare war and take a city or two, clearly you're an aggresive guy. and if you build walls everywhere then you're protective :)

Two results from this: A) Your civilization's bonuses change dynamically based on your current strategy and tactics and B) Traits that accompany less dominant strategies (such as the protective example above) become much more rare.

Whatcha think?

NICE!!! while who ever's at it they could add a couple of traits like bring back sea faring from civ3.

PS: man i need to find a C++ or python(or both) tutorial

yeah, a couple extra traits wouldn't go astray.

I just realized another implication of this. Mods with lots of leaders wouldn't hafta worry about doubing traits. You just pick whoever you like and go with it. or maybe one trait could be preset while the other one changes. or something. anything. :D

id say have one "stock" trait but still keep the way you play defines that trait, or could make it so that although the way you play defines that trait if you meet the standars for a third trait you can pick one as the stock trait

nice idea moopoo. I'd like to se an adaptive trait system where at the start of the game, you have assigned traits. Later in the game, traits have an opportunity to change over time, baased upon what has occured. So there could be triggers that make trait changes. Like you python is a serious challenge to me and I'm not certain how workable this is. Keep up those terrific ideas.

Lol it's not that noone knows, its that everyone who knows is juggling a whole bunch of projects already :)

I like your idea best mourndraken, of having two preset traits that can be changed. OH! This could be made into an event! whaddya reckon?

an event. you know, like bts random events.

Where the trigger would be, say complete 5 courthouses within 20 turns and not be organized, and the event being that one of your traits change to organized.

If you look in the xml traits have a lot of attributes like Imperialistic. It have 100% GG emergence AND 50% settler production. But if you edit the traits to have Imperialist I and a Imperialist II you could make it so leaders can have the 100% GG emergence but mixxed with say Philosophical's 100% GP ability. By splitting them you would have 36 traits instead of 11. And have a lot more combinations.

just to remind (who ever ends up working on this mod) can also add some other traits like seafaring or scientific, etc

Ekmek thats a great idea :D

Black baron, if you're not busy, you could take it :), I'm gonna focus on the improvements one for now, and i think this one would be of about similar difficulty (albeit a LOT larger).

he means Dividing up all the traits into individual benefits. for example, instead of charasmatic giving -25% exp for promotion AND the happiness bonus, split them up into 2 seperate promotions.

promotions or traits?

I was thinking of splitting the traits xml anyways. if you can wait a week or so I'll release a modpack for it.

it will include the split traits, fixing the leaderheads to be as they are now but with the multiple traits, and the gametext files.

you guys can modify it after that ;)

Top Bottom