Questions about The BUG Mod

Another idea: I installed the mod as everyone, so the only problem could be in the following My Games\BtS dirs: assets, CustomAssets. The other dirs are either empty (Patch etc.), ineffective (e.g. Screenshots) or made by the mod (BUG Mod & MODS). Would it make any sense to compare my assets/CustomAssets lib contents to yours?

Can you tell me how you installed it NagyGL? It sounds like it's not locating the BUG Mod.INI file. There should be a directory called BUG Mod inside of the BTS folder within My Docs/My Games, or My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword. Check that the BUG Mod.ini file is in there, and make sure it's the one included in the installer or zip.

Yes, if you install it as a MOD it has to be named Assets. Only if you want to have it run every time do you put it as the CustomAssets, but not in a MOD directory, just in the My Docs/My Games/BTS folder.

Last time I used the .exe installer and get the following file structures:

Spoiler :
All in My Games/BtS:

BUG Mod > CustomDomAdv, Adv Unit Naming.ini, BUG Mod Help.chm, BUG Mod.ini, GNU License.rtf
CustomAssets > 5 empty subfolders
MODS > BUG Mod > Assets, BUG Mod.ini, BUG Mod.ini.bak, Uninstall_BUG.exe
Various other subfolders (see on image)
CivilizationIV.ini
CivilizationIV.ini.bak

Or see as attached...

I have checked when the .ini files have been accessed. In the case of the smaller BUG Mod.ini (containing only base config) this was yesterday (as it should be), but according to the Windows, the bigger .ini (with the config like scoreboard options) and the gamefont_75 file has been accessed at 6th May - so probably you are right! But what can be the reason?

Attachments

• BtS Folder with sizes.PNG
    BtS Folder with sizes.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 224
  • BUG Mod Folder.PNG
    BUG Mod Folder.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Mods BUG Mod Folder.PNG
    Mods BUG Mod Folder.PNG
    5.7 KB · Views: 162
Did you run the installer using both CustomAssets and as the MOD dir? Try uninstalling, and installing just to the Mods directory only and see if that helps.

@ Doc - Yes, that is a new file structure we're going to be using. It allows the BUG Mod settings to be used for any MOD that is using BUG 2.30.

Did you run the installer using both CustomAssets and as the MOD dir? Try uninstalling, and installing just to the Mods directory only and see if that helps.

No, I let the installer work on its own and installed it only to the MOD dir :confused: Well, since the MOD and the install were correct, and you haven't met this phenomenon before, the problem can be only with my BtS install. I'll try to reinstall later this week, if I'll have time to do that. Thank you for your help and time, I really appreciate it :) Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

We did encounter it one time before, and it was a problem with the BTS install. If you search our forum, you may find something more on it... I think it was back in our first thread, which is probably at the bottom of the forum now. It's been closed... It's called the same as the forum name.

Last time I used the .exe installer and get the following file structures:

Spoiler :
All in My Games/BtS:

BUG Mod > CustomDomAdv, Adv Unit Naming.ini, BUG Mod Help.chm, BUG Mod.ini, GNU License.rtf
CustomAssets > 5 empty subfolders
MODS > BUG Mod > Assets, BUG Mod.ini, BUG Mod.ini.bak, Uninstall_BUG.exe
Various other subfolders (see on image)
CivilizationIV.ini
CivilizationIV.ini.bak

Or see as attached...

Ok, I don't know as you get this (never used the installer myself, I hate them) but I think the problem is rather clear, you have a mess of files, and in particular two BUG Mod.ini.
My suggestion is to delete the BUG Mod.ini that is in My Games/BtS/BUG Mod and moving everything else that is in that folder to the correct folder My Games/BtS/MODS/BUG Mod. The only thing that I don't know is which of the two BUG Mod.ini files is the correct one, so try both of them in turn.

Is there any documentation for the unit naming conventions? It all looks like gobbledegook to me
yes - check the help file - 'BUG Mod Help.chm'. Help and examples.

Is there a way to tell what version of Bug is installed? Last night I uninstalled 2.2 and d'led 2.3 and installed it. I used the installer and everything is setup as before. Bug Mod ini is in the main BTS folder. I have the Bat mod setup to run on startup. Blue Marble is also installed and running.

I started a new game and everything looked fine, except there are no new PLE buttons. The MA also looked the same. I went through the options screen and found no new options for the PLE addition. I checked the Bug ini and the PLE code is detailed and looks like it should display everything (lines for promotable/wounded/etc). I also double checked to ensure that I didn't reinstall 2.2 (I've done stupid-er things). The executable is for 2.3. I'm sure the answer to this is simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Look at the option screen - bottom right. Should have the version and revision numbers there.

I have the Bat mod setup to run on startup.

The BAT installer hasn't been updated to use BUG 2.3 yet. You should be able to copy the contents of CustomAssets from BUG 2.3 over Assets in BAT, but I'd make a backup first. You mentioned having BlueMarble, and while it should work with BAT and BUG, I don't know how it will like being copied into the BAT mod folder. It should be okay, though.

Ruff...the one thing I forgot to say was the options screen shows the BAT version, not the BUG version. I guess it's because I have BAT setup as the mod?

EF...That was exactly it, and Blue Marble is fine too.

Thanks

Blue Marble sits at the MyDocs CustomAssets\Art level, along w/ some changes in the program directory itself: Assets\Res & Resource\
At least from what I've seen they're in pretty disparate locations and don't conflict at all.

Please post all questions pertaining to installation, setup, or other minor issues here instead of starting a new thread.

Thank you!

When I clicked on "download BAT here" it seemed to include 10+ separate items. Is there no avaiable place to download BUG and BAT as one download each?

Thanks.

Just download the latest one. Those are all the releases we've mad... you only need to download the file called "BUGMod_230.exe"

Top Bottom