How can I make the CIV II ToT with no ending year?

I want to be able to play ToT as long as I have AI opponents to play.

It seems years ago I played and the game just "ended" at a certain year.

I looked in making the custom games settings and saw something that could be a work around, but really didnt explain very well :(

It said for default years per turn keep zero and for 1/12 use a negative number??????

I tried -0 got no results

I tried minus 12 still no results.

Please help old Grandpa Troll out!

Thanks in advance!

I am just looking for a super long game..like a Conquest type, where you have to wipe out all opponents:)

Gramps

I want to be able to play ToT as long as I have AI opponents to play.
Are you describing a scenario? For regular single-player games, you can continue playing past AD 2020, but your score won't change. For multi-player games, you can launch ToT using Elys' Civ2 Unlimited (download in post #40) to continue beyond this point.

For scenarios, you're looking at 3 parameters under Scenario Parameters: Turn Year Increment, Starting Year and Maximum Turns. The maximum value for the last of these parameters (and the one that'll extend the length of your game) is 32767.

It said for default years per turn keep zero and for 1/12 use a negative number??????
The default value of 0 uses standard Civ2 time (a variable increment). A positive turn increment indicates a yearly increment. A negative turn increment simply indicates a switch to monthly increments, eg, -1 = monthly, -2 = bimonthly, -6 = half-yearly. In other words, -12 is the same as 1. If you switch to monthly increments, then you'll also need to multiply your Starting Year by 12 to compensate.

Note that if you're not playing an existing scenario, you need to first save the game as a scenario and reload it in order to enable the Scenario Parameter settings.

Are you describing a scenario? For regular single-player games, you can continue playing past AD 2020, but your score won't change. For multi-player games, you can launch ToT using Elys' Civ2 Unlimited (download in post #40) to continue beyond this point.

For scenarios, you're looking at 3 parameters under Scenario Parameters: Turn Year Increment, Starting Year and Maximum Turns. The maximum value for the last of these parameters (and the one that'll extend the length of your game) is 32767.

The default value of 0 uses standard Civ2 time (a variable increment). A positive turn increment indicates a yearly increment. A negative turn increment simply indicates a switch to monthly increments, eg, -1 = monthly, -2 = bimonthly, -6 = half-yearly. In other words, -12 is the same as 1. If you switch to monthly increments, then you'll also need to multiply your Starting Year by 12 to compensate.

Note that if you're not playing an existing scenario, you need to first save the game as a scenario and reload it in order to enable the Scenario Parameter settings.

Awesome!;)

Top Bottom