turn off citizen automation

Sjeffers

Chieftain
Hi guys,

I am a noob in da scene of civilization 4 colonization, and I have a question. Whenever I have the perfect setting in a village (eg. expert farmer in farm area and ore miner in mine area), suddenly, those dumb-asses start turning up in a college or lumber mill for crying out loud. What's the deal with that? I know I turned the whole thing in lock-down, however it still happens. Is this because of me and my noobness or is it some sort of bug in this version?

Let me know.

Cheers

It could be overlapping territory between your colonies. If you move a farmer onto a tile already being worked by another colony the AI will re-assign him at random. It can also happen when your land is encroached by an enemy. For instance if a Privateer stops on one of your coastal tiles any fisherman there is moved.

Dalgo's point that there maybe overlapping teritories between two colonies does not sound right to me. If a square is bing worked by another colony - in a farm for instance - you cannot even place a colonist from the other colony in that space.

I agree that when an enemy force (or even not an enemy in the case of a privateer as one is technically not at war with the owner) enters a square occupied by a colonist working the plot he is re-automated and would remain so even after the enemy moves. Natives however do not have the same effect as privateers (unless at war with them).

Sjeffers: maybe a little more details for the particular situation where that happened to you?

Dalgo's point that there maybe overlapping teritories between two colonies does not sound right to me. If a square is bing worked by another colony - in a farm for instance - you cannot even place a colonist from the other colony in that space.

Umm - yes you can, I just tried it. In your colony screen there is a red circle around any tile that is being worked by another colony (as opposed to the normal white circle) but there is nothing to stop you moving a colonist to that tile - at which point the colonist in the second colony is displaced.

Ah well that may have been Sjeffers problem placing them in one colony when he had already placed someone there in another.

Top Bottom