Am I legally allowed to upload the streaming E3 video from Gamespot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneeshm

Deity
I'm using Linux , and mplayer allows me to dump the raw stream data to a file . I can use mencoder to convert the raw stream datas to another type of file , like wmv or QuickTime or some such .

Am I allowed to upload that here for people who have a slow internet connection , like me , but want to watch the movie ? Is it legal ?

Don't know. If I were to guess, I'd say as long as you give credit to the source, and aren't using it to make profit for yourself it should be fine, but I'm not studying law so I don't know for sure.

Well, there's a reason why it's streaming and not normally download-able.

People have posted screenshots here before and those were removed... I can only assume the same would happen with a video unfortunately.

i disagree. The screenshots that were posted were taken from a source that demanded MONEY. Whereas this video is free to the general community. If you upload the video i do not think it will be a problem. Just give the source.

When they provide the video they show a number of ads. I imagine that they get a certain amount of money for each person who sees those ads, so it's essentially the same thing. Fewer people seeing the video (ads) through their source = less revenue.

aneeshm said:
I'm using Linux , and mplayer allows me to dump the raw stream data to a file . I can use mencoder to convert the raw stream datas to another type of file , like wmv or QuickTime or some such .

Am I allowed to upload that here for people who have a slow internet connection , like me , but want to watch the movie ? Is it legal ?

Asking here is pointless. In most cases the material is copyrighted with all rights reserved. You have to ask the source first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom