Experience capped at 1026?

FeiLing

Deity
Game Version: 1.0.1.511

Experience seems to be capped at 1026. That looks pretty random to me as the unit will be at 1026/1050 xp (lvl14, ~95% on the way to lvl15). It should at least go for the full 1050/1050 imho (and therefore grant a final promotion (probably only Instant Heal left for some unit types).

1026/1050 XP - Rocket Artillery stationed in Troyes:

Still at 1026/1050 xp after attacking Paris (with plenty of city-hitpoints left) twice:

Here's the savegame:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5773554/.../Bug_Experience-cap.Civ5Save

Maybe there are no more promotions left?

It seems strange that it's capped at 1026. 2^10, 1028, or 2^10 -1, 1027 seem more logical options to me. OTOH you might be unable to gain any more exp if it exceeds 2^10.

That RA wouldn't have any more promotions apart from the instant heal; still it was gathering xp from 950?/1050 to said 1026/1050 but no further.

(Yeah 2^10 = 1024, but I don't see why it would stop after exceeding that value rather than before reaching it.)

I've got the same problem .. my crossbowman stopped getting experience, even if not yet fully upgraded ( one is missing )

but for me it stopped at 1000 exp.

Spoiler :

sucks man :/

LOL nice!
That it didn't stop at the same points (or nearly the same as SPs or different unit types give different xp and thus could give a different final overflow beyond an (apparently not existing) maximum xp value is proof to me that something here isn't working as intended.

it's limited to cities - if you attack units you will continue to gain afaik.

hm, could be, did attack a few settlers he was trying to ship out. so the only cap is probably 1000 when attacking cities? What is that good for when most units run out of promotions just 50 xp later?

it's limited to cities - if you attack units you will continue to gain afaik.

i just tried this, and you are very right.

loading up a save and giving this guy some targets..

edit: got 1050 and now it wants me to get 1200. this means 75 attacks on targets while surviving. not today..

Wow I never had units go up that far... level 5 at the most.
You have to be really lucky (which I am NOT) to get a unit to survive for so many battles.

Well, i did One-City-Challenge and basically sat on my ass in my city and range-attacked every one strolling by.

Top Bottom