Sumeria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkaisonFire

Warlord
I was just wondering if the some people (like me) think Sumeria should be included as the last remaining civ,mainly because I really think the ziggurat(probably spelled wrong,blame me)could have a nice religion bonus.

Ps. 3D-Gilgamesh........Enough said.

I hope it won't be Gilgamesh. He was practically a fictional character.

I don't know if they will or not. There's a lot of overlap with Babylon, but there are also distinctions. Language might be hard. They found someone to speak Akkadian, but Sumerian is even less common.

Ancient Mesopotamia should really get more representation in the game. I would love Sumer, as arguably the most important, and they could really take Sumer in a lot of different ways to make it quite distinct from Babylon. (Both Babylon and Sumer have been in the same civ game in the past, more than once even, so the overlap with Babylon isn't really a problem. Plus, Sumer is a two time missing legacy civ). There is something to be said that they were already half-heartedly implemented in the Wonders scenario. Still, this doesn't detract the fact that ancient Mesopotamia really deserves at least one more rep and I would love to see either Akkad or Assyria if Sumer is out.

Also, I really wish they made a nice static leaderhead for Sumer in the Wonders scenario (like they did for the Viking Scenario). It would have really made it simple to mod in a high quality version of the civ based on the scenario. Instead they used Harun al-Rashid to represent Gilgamesh, which was completely absurd aesthetically. Darius would have made more sense, but still been off.

I hope it won't be Gilgamesh. He was practically a fictional character.

I don't know if they will or not. There's a lot of overlap with Babylon, but there are also distinctions. Language might be hard. They found someone to speak Akkadian, but Sumerian is even less common.

Being a fictional character didn't stop him from being in civ 4,but i see your point.

As for the language I don't see as an issue,if we have Ramesses too.

I just thought of Sumeria as a fitting new civ with the addition of faith and all,am I really the only one?
I thought more people would think so.

(Both Babylon and Sumer have been in the same civ game in the past, more than once even, so the overlap with Babylon isn't really a problem. Plus, Sumer is a two time missing legacy civ).

I Knew I wasn't the only one!
Also what do you mean by "two time missing legacy civ"?
I do apologise if it was too obvious.

It would be nice if they don't go for Gilgamesh again. I'd welcome Sumer though.

Perhaps Lugalzagesi?

It would be nice if they don't go for Gilgamesh again. I'd welcome Sumer though.

Perhaps Lugalzagesi?

I don't know if Lugalzagesi would fit in seeing that he conquered much of sumeria,but keep the ideas coming!(I apologize if my sources are wrong about him,and by sources I mean Wikipedia)

I don't know if Lugalzagesi would fit in seeing that he conquered much of sumeria,but keep the ideas coming!(I apologize if my sources are wrong about him,and by sources I mean Wikipedia)

He was the final Sumerian king and unified the area.

Sargon and the Akkadians arrive after him.

That's what Wikipedia says also.

The best Sumerian kings are Ur-Nammu and Shugli from Ur and Gudea from Lagash, imo.

The Third Dynasty of Ur was the most impressive "Sumerian" Kingdom as opposed to one ruled by outsiders.

The problem with another leader than Gilgamesh would probably be the animation,As i haven't found any visual representation for the other kings.

Also what do you mean by "two time missing legacy civ"?

Yeah, I worded that a little odd (maybe "two time legacy civ still missing"). Anyway, out of the 5 Civ games before V (I-IV and Rev), Sumer has been in 2 past Civ games. Actually, right behind the Zulu (which have been in all 5), Sumer is tied with Portugal (2 games each) in terms of civs that have appeared the most in past Civ titles but still aren't in V.

The problem with another leader than Gilgamesh would probably be the animation,As i haven't found any visual representation for the other kings.

All Sumerian Kings, including Gilgamesh, are depicted looking about the same. Aside from that, there are plenty of engravings of Ur-Nammu. Do a quick google image search.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see it, I'd prefer something from Oceania/Australia, the Americas, or even Africa first. The Middle East is represented by one civ in every era already and I'd love to see a never before done civ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom