Custom Mod Religions not showing up on Advanced Scoreboard

smeagolheart

Monarch
Hey I've been searching about the forums and haven't been able to find out how to overcome my problem.

I play the Extra Mod by Chiyu and am trying to include BUG.

Everything seems to be working fine with the merge except for one niggling thing: the icons on the advanced scoreboard for the new religions present in Extra.

Extra has a few more religions than the normal game, these show up fine with just vanilla Extra in the Civilopedia and the scoreboard. With the merge I got going they (custom icons for new religions) show up fine on the civilopedia but just not on the advanced scoreboard, instead the new religions are showing up as various corporation icons.

Any ideas on how to correct this minor thing?

With the merge I got going they (custom icons for new religions) show up fine on the civilopedia but just not on the advanced scoreboard

I think you'll need to merge the TGA files, as it seems you've overwritten the Extra one with the BUG one.

That they show up fine in Civilopedia tells me that he either merged the font file correctly or replaced BUG's with the one from Extra Mod. If the latter, you'll find things from BUG to be missing, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Instead the new religions are showing up as various corporation icons.

In the normal (and BUG's) font file, the corporation icons come immediately after the religion icons with no space in between. I assume Extra Mod places its new religion icons after the corporation ones. Am I correct?

BUG takes the religion character directly from the normal scoreboard, so the first thing to try is to disable the Advanced Scoreboard in the BUG Options Screen. This will show you the normal scoreboard. Do you see the correct religion icons there?

Here's the code from CvMainInterface that gets the icon:

Code:
if (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getStateReligion() != -1):
	if (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).hasHolyCity(gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getStateReligion())):
		szTempBuffer = u"%c" %(gc.getReligionInfo(gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getStateReligion()).[B]getHolyCityChar()[/B])
	else:
		szTempBuffer = u"%c" %(gc.getReligionInfo(gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getStateReligion())[B].getChar()[/B])
	szBuffer = szBuffer + szTempBuffer
	if (bAlignIcons):
		scores.setReligion(szTempBuffer)

As you can see, it uses getChar() and getHolyCityChar() from the CvReligionInfo to get the icon -- just as Civilopedia should. And it passes the same icon (szTempBuffer) to the Advanced Scoreboard.

Oh, are the new icons in the GameFont_75.tga file or the other one or both? It might help to post both font files you're using if indeed you're using two files.

I had overwritten the GameFont_75.tga file from Extra with the one from Bug. I did a gimp cut and paste of the differences in Bug onto Extra's and it seems to do the job.

I am having the same problem but not with merging mods. I only bough Steam version and installed it on windows 7. The religions do not seem to show up since then on revolution mode. I tried BUG standalone and religions are working.

Can I maybe merge some files from BUG into revolution to make it working again? Which file consists the lines for religios icons to be used?

Top Bottom