RSG4 NOW Emperor Spain

Raliuven

Emperor
Welcome to RSG4!

This will be game will be a NOW game (not sure what the initials are, but basically we kill civilizations in the order that we meet them and need always be at war with someone – whomever is next in line).

Civilization will be Spain.

This will be played as Emperor, we will move into Republic as our government.

Since we are religious any chance I could convince the team to move into Democracy just for the fun of it? Or would that make NOW way too difficult?
Proposed Decision: Conversation will be reopened at Theology . . . if the game gets that far. :D

Also, what if we have a 1 tile island civ?
Proposed Decision: We are allowed to make peace to capture the 1-tile city and then declare immeidatley. This will bust our rep though. :sad: As it is purely hypothetical on a Pangaea map, we'll revisit if/when necessary.

Can we DOW on civs not in line for NOW or are we required to fight in order only. What if the AI declares against us? Only defensive wars? -
Proposed Decision: We may not DOW on a civ not in line for destruction. We may fight only Defensive Wars against an AI that not our current target.

Proposed Decision: We will not make trade deals that may be endangered by the NOW progression. Be very careful about trading with the next AI in line for destruction!

Map stats are random except for size and landmass. We are back to Pangaea.

Map Stats:
C3C
Standard
Pangaea
60% Water (least water setting)
Barbs: Restless
Climate: Wet
Temperature: Cool

Civ:
Spain (Seafaring/Religious) UU: Conquistadors (replaces explorers 3/2/2 Shields: 70 *Ignores Terrain*)
8 Random Civs
Victories: All Allowed (except wonder), not culturally linked, preserve random seed, cultural conversions and scientific leaders allowed.
Aggression: Normal
Difficulty: Emperor

Roster
Raliuven
CKS
Toxicman007
TheOverseer714
Cyc

Starting Location:

Doesn't look like much of a reason to move. Gold hill is nice and we've got a fish.

Enemy Spoiler:
Spoiler :

Greece (Scientific/Commercial) UU: Hoplite (replaces spearman: 1/3/1 Shields: 20)
Maya (Agricultural/Industrious) UU: Javelin Thrower (replaces archer: 2/2/1 Shields: 30 *Enslave*)
Babylon (Scientific/Religious) UU: Bowman (replaces archer: 2/2/1 Shields: 20)
China (Militaristic/Industrious) UU: Rider (replaces knight: 4/3/3 Shields: 70)
Netherlands (Seafaring/Agricultural) UU: Swiss Mercenaries (replaces pikemen: 1/4/1 Shields: 30)
Hittites (Expansionist/Commercial) UU: Three-Man Chariot (replaces chariot: 2/2/2 Shields: 30 *Terrain Restriction*)
Arabia (Expansionist/Religious) UU: Ansar Warrior (replaces knight: 4/2/3 Shields: 60)

List of Civs in NOW Order:
1. Greece
2. Babylon
3. China
4. Mayans
5. Netherlands
6. Arabia
7. Hittites

Attachments

• RSG4 4000BCStartLocation.SAV
    40 KB · Views: 135
lurker's comment: I don't have any time, but my popcorn munching will provide you with great inspiration! :popcorn:

I think that democracy is a bad idea. Even with a republic, I expect we'll be doing things to minimize war weariness that are not really in the spirit of NOW (declaring, but only fighting a defensive war without attacking for significant periods of time until we are in position to wipe them out rapidly).

If we have a civ on a one-tile island, I suggest two options. Option 1 is to wipe them out except for the one tile, and then move on to the next target, as if they had been eliminated. Research ASAP to marines and then eliminate them. Option 2 is to declare peace with them at some point before the island becomes their capital, take the island and only the island in the peace deal, and then redeclare immediately.

My vote is that we can do anything we want with civs that aren't our target - make war, trade, whatever. I'd prefer that we not make any 20 turn deals with civs that will soon be our target, so as to keep our reputation as best we can.

Welcome CKS and Toxicman007! I have added both of you to the roster. One thing I forgot to mention in the opening post is what we should do for our first tech? I believe we get Alpha and CB for free? Given our NOW stance, do we go for BW or WC first or gun for Writing and try the slingshot? We may be in big trouble if we don't find trades for out techs on the way to the slingshot. :think:

I think we prefer a peanut gallery so we have something to feed to Elpehantium, but popcorn works. :D

For now, let's abuse a little loophole and not do any exploring. We should only explore in the area immediately around Madrid, scouting out for second and third city spots. We don't really want a load of enemy warriors prowling our lands this early in the game when we can avoid it.

lurker's comment: I'll follow along with this one. I just started my second game of Monarch, so this is a bit out of my depth.

lurker's comment: I'll follow along with this one. I just started my second game of Monarch, so this is a bit out of my depth.

Hey if you are interested in playing I think you'll be fine. I think I've seen it said that an SG will allow players to go two levels above a solo game. So if you are trying Monarch, this may not be out of reach. No pressure, but you are welcome to join!

Thanks! All the same, I think I'll pass and just learn for now. I want to get to a place where I'm really confident on Monarch and can win often. CFC has taken me from Chieftain to Monarch, and maybe through a bit of watching I can continue on!

I am in. I like defensive wars if a non-target DoWs us, we can only attack target civs. Besides, we'll want to have our focus on targets, as war-weariness will be an issue. As far as Democracy goes, we might not need to worry, NOWs on a Pangaea usually go fast. How about deciding when Theology is researched?

Verarde, you should join. I've never ventured higher than regent by myself, but I'm still in this SG, to learn and enjoy myself.

I am in. I like defensive wars if a non-target DoWs us, we can only attack target civs. Besides, we'll want to have our focus on targets, as war-weariness will be an issue. As far as Democracy goes, we might not need to worry, NOWs on a Pangaea usually go fast. How about deciding when Theology is researched?

Welcome aboard! I think with 4 players we are good to start. If someone else wants to fill the remaining slot, just chime in!

I need to play some turns in RSG3.5 which take priority but I will see if I can play a few turns to strart discussion. I plan to settle in place and start WC for some archers. I will play the first 20 turns and then 10 turns thereafter. It may take a few days to get all 20 turns up, please be patient. I'll do my best to move this along.

We all agree on only defensive wars against non-target civ? We'll probably have a while to discuss this before it becomes an issue.

I'll also add a list of contacts to the OP to keep track of the NOW order.

Well, not the best news. Guess who neighbor #1 is? Here is a hint - Toxicman007 won't be happy. :D

Turn 0 [4000BC]

As discussed, found Madrid in place.
The Starting picture greatly improves!

Move Worker to BG that links Wheat & Cow.
Already see GH#1

Start Warrior.
Tech: Warrior Code, 100%, due in 18t @ +0gpt.

Turn 1 [3950BC]

Worker start road.

Turn 2 [3900BC]

zzz

Turn 3 [3850BC]

zzz

Turn 4 [3800BC]

Road done. Growth in 6 turns. Move to Cow to start irrigation.

Turn 5 [3750BC]

Madrid: Warrior=>Warrior
Warrior “Me First” uses road to move towards GH. See lots of hills, mountains and desert. :sad:
Worker irrigates cow.

Turn 6 [3700BC]

Don’t trust the GH, Me First moves south. Find dyes! They are buried in Jungle though, but not far away. Could easily plant a city on of them. Lots of river land.

Turn 7 [3650BC]

Me First moves S.

Turn 8 [3600BC]

Me First moves SE. See GH #2.

Turn 9 [3550BC]

Irrigation done, road cow.
Me First moves S. See marsh to the east of Me First.

IBT – Greek Hoplite appears and steals GH #2. He came from the direction of the red arrow.

Turn 10 [3500BC]

According to NOW rules, dial up Greece and DOW. It had to be Greece!
Madrid: Warrior=>Warrior
Culture expands. Now size 2. MM to irrigated cow & BG+road.
Also see ivory to the NW. :D
Lots of tobacco.
Fort new warrior in Madrid.

IBT – Hoplite advances towards our worker & cow. Grr.

Turn 11 [3450BC]

Move warrior out of Madrid to help cover worker. Move Me First towards supposed battlefield.
Need to put Lux to 10%.

IBT – Hoplite moves towards worker. May actually be after GH1.

Turn 12 [3400BC]

Move worker to Wheat to start mine.
Fort warrior on Cow.

IBT – Hoplite moves towards capital but we’ll have two warriors there by the time he arrives.

Turn 13 [3350BC]

Worker mines wheat.
Me First moves to Cow.
Seconds Please (2nd Warrior) moves back to the capital.

IBT – Hoplite moves back the east. Hmm. He likes to dance.

Turn 14 [3300BC]

Madrid: Warrior=>Warrior. New warrior is Third Eye.
Send Third Eye after GH1.
Me First Forts on Cow.

IBT – Catch a glimpse of a curragh by the elephants but it runs away so I can’t make contact.
Hoplite moves into the fog to the east, maybe still after GH1.

Turn 15 [3250BC]

Third Eye to GH1 = 1 angry barb warrior. Go figure. Also find hoplite hiding in the hills.
We have grown to size 3, Set to Cow, BG+road, Wheat. We have +5fpt.

IBT – Hoplite moves east. Barb forts.

Turn 16 [3200BC]

Third Eye moves back towards worker.
Science to 50%, WC due in 1t.
Change warrior due to curragh so he can be an archer instead.

IBT – Third Eye dies to barb. Grrr!!!
Learn WC, Start BW, science 90%, due in 14t @ +0gpt.

Turn 17 [3150BC]

Swap curragh to archer.
Send Me First to cover worker.

IBT – Barb forts

Turn 18 [3100BC]

Me First vs ½ barb – win, -1hp, promote vet.

IBT - zzz

Turn 19 [3050BC]

Madrid: Archer=Archer (settler?)
We are size four and at 10% lux we are still okay with 2 MPs. We are at +5fpt & +5spt.
We need another city, hopefully to grab the river to the north and the ivory. The luxury will help us grow and we need a city to produce military so we can use Madrid for settlers.
Worker completed mine on wheat, road.
Fort Archer in Madrid for now. Me First also Forts to heal.

IBT - zzz

Turn 20 [3000BC]

Leave units unmoved for next player.

Civilian units:
Settler 0
Workers 1
Slaves 1

Military units:
Archer 1
Warriors: 2

Unit Support:
Total Units: 4
Allowed Units: 4
Support Cost: 0 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Greece=>Despotism=> Weak compared to=>1 city

We have 1 city.

Victory
Spain % of World Area: 1
Spain % of World Population: 22

Research: Sciene: 90%, Bronze Working, 9 turns 0gpt, 12gp in the bank.

Attachments

• RSG4 3000BC.SAV
    51 KB · Views: 140
I'll have to sit this one out. Someone has to keep the peanut gallery in line! :lol:

Your pachyderm wisdom will be greatly missed!

Roster
Raliuven (just played)
CKS (Playing)
Toxicman007 (on deck)
TheOverseer714 (warming up)

How about a save?

The location looks very nice. I guess we won't be archer-rushing our first opponent. I'd like to head for math quickly, for catapults and SoZ.

What do you want the save for? Look at all the nice pictures I upload! :crazyeye:

Don't know what I was thinking! I'm at work but I'll have it up in about 6 hours (around 6pm my time).

I've loaded the save! Sorry about that!

Top Bottom