Caveman 2 Cosmos

I really don't understand this: I just extracted the whole folder into my mods folder of BtS, ignoring the comment of strategyonly that it had to be installed into

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced v001

It works absolutely fine. I didn't change any ini files or something like that.

I unzipped the whole folder into:

d:\games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced v001
totally avoiding the c: drive.

Did you (Lemon Merchant & waitfornever) ever try to install the mod into your native Civ4 folder of Beyond the Sword? Everytime I had a problem with missing interfaces it was almost always my fault because I installed a given mod into the wrong folder. If your Civ4 isn't installed into C: then why should this mod be?
My Civ4 is installed in C: and I installed the mod in the native BTS\Mods folder (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods ) where I have installed all of my other mods (Wolfshanze, etc.) They all work fine, but NWA v0001 does not. I can't figure out why. As I said, the previous version of NWA worked fine.
This is on my XP machine. I am going to try with my Vista machine later today and see if I have better luck with that.

Just an idea. If you go to the trouble of having glassware, steel and ammunition as "produced" resources, enriched uranium should be one too. It's obvious today that building nukes hasn't become as easy as we thought it would be in the 60ies. Uranium enrichment has become a key strategic technology.

Just an idea for a building. You'd be independent of (enriched) uranium imports after building it.
The reason why there's not yet enriched uranium in this modpack is probably because I haven't added such yet to my Rise of Mankind mod which is used as a base for this Strategyonly's mod. I've added those manufactured resources one by one every now and then to Rise of Mankind just because it's not easy task to add them (gamefont files are nasty files to edit). Your idea is nice one though and it has been in consideration but not yet implemented - I'm sure strategyonly likes it if I add it to next RoM version. ;) There's actually long list of resources that could be manufactured with different buildings but haven't been implemented yet to Rise of Mankind. One other reason why we shouldn't add too many manufactured resources is the game's AI players as they might not cope with very complex resource system.

The reason why there's not yet enriched uranium in this modpack is probably because I haven't added such yet to my Rise of Mankind mod which is used as a base for this Strategyonly's mod. I've added those manufactured resources one by one every now and then to Rise of Mankind just because it's not easy task to add them (gamefont files are nasty files to edit). Your idea is nice one though and it has been in consideration but not yet implemented - I'm sure strategyonly likes it if I add it to next RoM version. ;) There's actually long list of resources that could be manufactured with different buildings but haven't been implemented yet to Rise of Mankind. One other reason why we shouldn't add too many manufactured resources is the game's AI players as they might not cope with very complex resource system.

I am going with a different res(gamefonts) because i added more religions to the next version, wish RoM2.4 would, i added like five more religions (and i am no good at gamefont re-makes) so i have to use someone else's and some of the resources now do not correspond to the resources of old.
I completely agree with Zappara, i think the game already has well more than enough resources in the game, otherwise its get to boggled down with unnecessary resources.
Besides without RoM, this game would not be what it is now. So i listen and do as much as Zappara can and will do later.
Its just like those mods that FfH has, infact they have like ten? different ones that have a base of FfH. Thats where some of the ideas and improvements come from.
I am just looking forward to the next adventure that Zappara comes out with, with HIS approval of course!!!:p

They all work fine, but NWA v0001 does not. I can't figure out why. As I said, the previous version of NWA worked fine.
This is on my XP machine. I am going to try with my Vista machine later today and see if I have better luck with that.

All i can think of is that you got a bad d/l for some reason??? sorry

All i can think of is that you got a bad d/l for some reason??? sorry
No problem. I did a new d/l to my Vista machine, and it works fine. I'm going to transfer that file to the XP machine and see if that works better. If not, I'll just play NWA on my laptop.
Thanks. :)

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to add on this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162977

I mean keeping stats on units... to me it adds a lot to the game, so now i have to pick between playing my 'civ V' aka your modpack or this, when really i would love to play yours WITH the unit stats. Anyway to make this work? I have not had any luck thus far.

Cheers,
Andrew

OK, it has a dll, thats why i dont use it, its up to you the user to put anything extra you want , and if possible, come-up with another mod and put it on CFC also.

I got curious and looked. Aside from the .tga format for which I'd have to use Gimp, which I'm not so familiar with, gamefont files look fairly easy to edit. Adding stuff could be a lot more complicated for quite a number of reasons, though.

As for the long list: less _is_ more. It's probably good to limit it to just a few. I just think enriched uranium is a probably better canidate than e.g. glassware. I'm guessing I should bugger off with suggestions about the tech tree to the RoM forum as well?

I got curious and looked. Aside from the .tga format for which I'd have to use Gimp, which I'm not so familiar with, gamefont files look fairly easy to edit. Adding stuff could be a lot more complicated for quite a number of reasons, though.

As for the long list: less _is_ more. It's probably good to limit it to just a few. I just think enriched uranium is a probably better canidate than e.g. glassware. I'm guessing I should bugger off with suggestions about the tech tree to the RoM forum as well?

I guess you dont understand the concept of this mod, no offense, again RoM is the base for this and then anything after that belongs to me for changes.
I implement his changes also, so you get the whole concept of a great mod. Thats why FfH has changed so much, alot of people saying all kinds of different things and then changes have been implemented, with some of those suggestions. (Remember FfH has changed now over 50 times in the last three years).
But if you want anything thats XML changed, this is the place to put your words, cause with RoM 2.3 and above he added a dll, and changed alot more, that i am not willing to work with. So stuff other than XML, its more him.
Then in the next version, i am using a newer gamefont completely and added 6 new religions.(see change log). Dont know if they work in the spot i put them yet, but thats what the user/gamer is for.
Then once he's done with all his changes, i can make more changes, that i need to.
I plan on changing the tech tree alot, like i did with my Japanese mod.
Anyways, the main reason for this mod and anything i do on CFC is for YOU, the gamer to "Just Have Fun." :p

hello!

I have a great time with my first long campaign with vers 1!

few things so far:

- SAM APC in future era is somehow bugged. I can´t promote it when it is produced. game gets very slow when I choose it. so only solution is disbanding it and don´t build again.

- future APC (?): doesn´t have animation. (can I fix this on my own?)
(same with hover tank)

- rocket artillery can´t longrange bombard. It should be able to...

-some other small things. (i´ll keep posting)

anyway great game this time!

looking forward to next release :goodjob:

Yeah, it looks so easy to edit them but it takes just 1 wrong pixel in wrong spot (or wrong color) and the game will crash during loading when it tries to load gamefonts. Sometimes after you've edited gamefonts the game loads but all the text can still be messed up. I just hate editing those files though I'm fairly good at it by now since I've had to spent countless hours with editing them. Search these modding forums and you'll see that those files have caused lots of headaches for many moddders :lol:

i keep getting told nuclear fallout is falling near my cities even before any nuclear techs have been researched.

It's not nuclear fallout - it's the new v3.17 global warming system that Firaxis changed in last patch.
Sorry for not getting back to you any sooner.:blush:
btw Welcome to CFC.

I guess you dont understand the concept of this mod, no offense, again RoM is the base for this and then anything after that belongs to me for changes.
No, I pretty much got that. He replied, so I replied. I wasn't all that serious about buggering off... ;-)

Not sure what you meant about the XML/DLL stuff. I really don't know much about how mods work, nor what you can easily change.

Anyways, the main reason for this mod and anything i do on CFC is for YOU, the gamer to "Just Have Fun." :p
I thought that was implied merely by the massive amount of content in the mod and the sheer number of your contributions. Yes, people that bother to do a little research are rare these days, but they still exist. ;-)

PS: Tried RoM for a bit yesterday... Strangely, the Trained Dogs there are 2/1 instead of 4/1. So, I'm guessing you like canines? :p

Im really enjoying the Mod, but the one thing thats is REALLY getting me is the random crashing. I never have games crash on me ( including a full rung of the earth 18civ). It gets to the point were i cant play my civ anymore, because it crashes no matter what i do ( tone down graphics, end background tasks etc....) I'd really like to know how to fix this please, or have it fixed in Version 2.

Im really enjoying the Mod, but the one thing thats is REALLY getting me is the random crashing. I never have games crash on me ( including a full rung of the earth 18civ). It gets to the point were i cant play my civ anymore, because it crashes no matter what i do ( tone down graphics, end background tasks etc....) I'd really like to know how to fix this please, or have it fixed in Version 2.

Those crashes are MAF only crashes, mainly because your playing to many civs at one time, in late game, i did also when i played around 17 civs, i did what you said set the graphics lower, but that was even worse, so i put them back on HIGH and had less crashes. But there is nothing to be done, its just the Civ4 system, see 1st post Known issues.
So what i did then was go down to 12 civs and i had only three crashes the whole game (in late games), thats why i use autosave and save even extra saves for my games about once every ten turns.
But again as far as the mod is concerned, there should be nothing wrong with it, besides a few minor bugs/corrections to be made. :crazyeye:

Great mod, just thought I'd most a couple minor bugs I noticed;

The advanced settlers still start cities with one (1) population and no buildings
No beer or games resources (from the wonders)
Shaolin monks dont exist even after you build the building for them
Mechanized Infantry now using the old tank graphics (intentional?)

The ai also seems weaker, probably has problems will all the new tech choices. Simple enough to just up the difficulty by one though.

For the next version, can you only build one holy city or own one, i.e. will conquering one when you already have one cause it to be destroyed, and if so, will the holy city move? (some other mod did that, moved the holy cities if you where not of that religion).

Thats something, right now if you do not choose a religion, you get the culture bonus (and possibly gold) for every religion you have in the city, regardless of civics (in normal I belive you have to have free religion for that to work). This is a fairly large benifit to the player (the AI tends to switch to a religion asap) as there seems to be more then enough happy bonuses so you can go without a state religion.

I like the increased airlift capacity but you can still only lift one unit INTO a city a turn, is it possible to change that?

Well, back to taking over the world, thanks for all the great mods and maps.

First. Thanks strategyonly for making this mod. This is a fun mod to play. Very long time lurker on this site, obviously not a poster. Been playing since Civ1 on my 386.

Edit: Was trying to troubleshoot a crashing problems that is recurring every single time in a save game of mine. Came to wrong conclusions on my own so sorting it out.

i just downloaded this yesterday. it looks like such a great game, to bad its unplayable the way it is now. ive set my graphics to low and it still CTD or FAM every 10 minutes. any suggestions?

i just downloaded this yesterday. it looks like such a great game, to bad its unplayable the way it is now. ive set my graphics to low and it still CTD or FAM every 10 minutes. any suggestions?

PLS read in first post about MAF's, then in others posts FAQ, thx.
And btw its not unplayable, the mod works great. Infact i just played it all the way to Future Tech 3 two days ago. So again its NOT the mod itself!!

Top Bottom