Multiplayer Crashes After Certain Number of Turns

Synobun

Deity
Hey, so, got Civ IV Complete on Steam the other day. I am trying to play online with someone else that has the same game, on Steam, so it isn't incompatibility.

If I host the game in a mod, it will crash every 10 turns. On the dot. For both of us, it says the other person quit.

If I host the game normally, it will crash every 15 turns. On the dot. For both of us, it says the other person quit.

If he hosts the game normally, it will crash every 30 turns. On the dot. For both of us, it says the other person quit.

All ports are forwarded (not that it really applies to this case), and both our systems can run the game fine, and there are no crashes in single player. I never had this problem whenever I played with the normal retail version years ago online but with this version it crashes incessantly.

We tried using LAN via Hamachi to see if that changes anything but it does not.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    29 KB · Views: 125
I would have expected the largest civ forum on the internet would have some semblance of a tech expert.

Have you tried making sure that the Steam directory is fully read-write for all uses - i.e. admin access level., because Windows Vista/7 made significant changes to permissions. (see my thread - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537)

I think the majority of people on this forum with Civ IV are people who have the CD/DVD versions. Steam support is limited as best for Civ IV.

Have you tried making sure that the Steam directory is fully read-write for all uses - i.e. admin access level., because Windows Vista/7 made significant changes to permissions. (see my thread - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537)

I think the majority of people on this forum with Civ IV are people who have the CD/DVD versions. Steam support is limited as best for Civ IV.

I use an admin account and everything is automatically set to give me full permissions. Running it in administrator mode changes nothing, as well.

As I said, the game runs perfectly fine, it just loses connection at a certain turn depending on the circumstances.

Top Bottom