Heroes of Might and Wisdom

epicss

Warlord
Savage, Might, Courage, Agility, Endurance, Wisdom and Sorcery, these are the seven Pillars of A Hero's Talents.
This Mod add 3 Heroes for each Civilization and you can unlock more Heroes by completing world Wonders. These Heroes fight in the front line on battle field, gain new Talents of the seven pillars, discover powerful Artifacts, master new Skills/Spells/Auras/Adventure Abilities, and help you conquer other Civilizations.
You will find more fun in the game of Civilization with Heroes.

A New Version of this mod is here. This one is obselete now.

Download
steam workshop link:
BNW/GK/Vanilla version
All stars mod (an example to show how to extend this MOD)

You can also download a 7z file here, extract it to:
\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\

ChangeLog V8:
This mod DO NOT rely on any Expansion now, can work on Vanilla/GK/BNW with one version
Add hero quote audio for all hero classes when they hired, selected, use skills/spells or died
Add popup text display for ability yields

Heroes
Heroes are special units in this MOD. Each Civilization start with 3 national Heroes, you can hire them in Tavern with Gold. If you want more Heroes, you can build World Wonder to unlock Wonder Heroes.

Abilities
Heroes can use 4 class of Abilities : Skills that damage multiple targets; Spells that cripple enemy; Auras that increase one attribute while decrease other attribute; Adventure Abilities that discover artifacts or return to your Capital. Talents and Artifacts can enhance different Abilities. So let your Heroes learn the right Talent and equip with right Artifact to unleash the full power of Abilities.

Talents
Talents of the Seven Pillars system replace the promotion system, Heroes can learn Talents from seven diverse Pillars, which enhance different Skills, Spells or Auras, and make your Hero invincible. Each Talent Pillar has 3 Primary Talents and 3 Secondary Talents. There are also seven Class of Heroes, each Class start with a different Talent Pillar.

Artifacts
Mighty Heroes need mighty Artifacts. There are seven type of Artifacts in this mod. Each type of Artifact has 4 levels : Normal, Magic, Unique and Legendary. These Artifacts may active an Ability, grant free promotions or enhance an Ability.
Heroes can obtain Artifacts in the following ways : exploring Ancient Ruins or Encampment; Using Adventure Ability on Antiquity Site; Buying in Artifacts Shop with Gold; Kill enemy Hero and take theirs with Savage Talent.

Hero Trait
Hero Trait are special bonus that make a Hero different from another. There are 4 levels of Traits. Heroes with stronger Traits are more expensive in Tavern to hire. Each Hero are given one random Trait at game start, they may get different Traits in another game. As an exception, the seven Heroes on the seven Talent Pillars start with seven different Legendary Traits.

Extendable
This mod is designed to be able to work with other MODs. With well defined XML tables, other MOD of new Civilizations or Wonders can add Heroes in their MOD with litter efforts. Add a dependency to this MOD, write simple XML files and provide text string and art, your new Hero will be ready. You can also add new Hero Traits or even new Abilities without writting LUA code. You can find an example MOD here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181360478
A tutorial can be found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=510394

Change to the Game
To be compatible with other MOD, this MOD modifies game features as few as possible:
The Terracotta Army is changed back to +6 Culture, since it may cause duplicate Hero bugs;
The HP heal of Heal after Kill Promotions are reduced to 20, since it may make Hero units unbalance.
Beside, this MOD change a lot of UI xml and lua files.
This Mod works well with Ingame Editor, InfoAddict and Really Advanced Setup, other MODs are not tested.

Credits
Most icons are from World of Warcraft and Heroes of Might and Magic V, thanks Blizzard and Ubisoft for their great Games. Hero portrait and civilopedia information are taken from Wikipedia.
Thanks Jango34 for providing Denmark, Morocco, Russia and Shoshone Heroes;
Thanks Havelock Vetinari for Brazil Heroes;
Thanks The Omniscience for Arabia and Ottoman Heroes;
Thanks Deepdblood for German Hero;
Thanks Mdeancherry for America Hero;
Thanks Mithrandir and scottkbeers for Byzantium Heroes;
Thanks HiddenSquire for help rewrite most english text.

ScreenShots
New Inventory UI
Spoiler :

Unitpanel for Heroes ( Cleopatra in Haste Aura v.s. Faust in Buring )
Spoiler :

Abilities with Modifiers of Talents, Aritfacts and Hero Trait
Spoiler :

Civilopedia : Game concepts of Heroes, Abilities, Talents, Artifacts and Hero Traits
Spoiler :

Civilopedia : Homepage for Talents
Spoiler :

Game Setup UI ( Tooltip showing an Hero's detailed help information )
Spoiler :

Gathering of Greece Heroes ( Tooltip showing the Tavern button at the header bar )
Spoiler :

World Wonder Heroes in Tavern ( Tooltip showing Aristotle's Legendary Trait - Aether )
Spoiler :

Wow, this interface and concept is great. I wish you made it a modmod and let other rising mods like Faerun incorporate this concept. It looks amazing and greatly thought through.

lol you've put HoMaM into Civ! :D You should work on getting rid of those grey borders around the icons, though, it makes an otherwise thoroughly worked on project look a bit sloppy.

I'll reiterate what I wrote on the Workshop:

I'm very curious about this mod, but the upload is corrupt, it would seem. The civ5mod file downloads successfully, but all files within are empty and the file does not extract automatically when going through the Mods Menu as a result.

Perhaps an upload to CivFanatics would be in order?

Really, a very good mod. :goodjob:

I only have a dubt about the ranger class (I played with the arabs and my firts hero was Sinbad): it seems too easy to gain exp, you just need to keep use is abilities as soon as you can and you can gain a lot of levels (more than the others kind of heroes, that need enemies to cast their spells/abilities/etc..)

Really, a very good mod. :goodjob:

I only have a dubt about the ranger class (I played with the arabs and my firts hero was Sinbad): it seems too easy to gain exp, you just need to keep use is abilities as soon as you can and you can gain a lot of levels (more than the others kind of heroes, that need enemies to cast their spells/abilities/etc..)

the ranger start with scout, should be easier for exploration in early game, best for a start hero
but the aura experience is indeed too easy, I think experence of auras can be reduced to 2, half of skill experience

Balance-wise I think that all xp should come from combat, to encourage rise of strong heroes in harsh times and to evade a situation where a civ doing nothing combat-wise suddenly gets an upper edge.

Balance-wise I think that all xp should come from combat, to encourage rise of strong heroes in harsh times and to evade a situation where a civ doing nothing combat-wise suddenly gets an upper edge.

I can't agree more on that
So the auras, adventures abilities will have no xp
and the spell Calmdown, which heal and purify friendly targets, should have no xp too

Guys sorry its 4 am and I'm having issues with this mod.

I can't buy a hero because there are none available. From the start it shows 0/0 and no matter how many wonders I build no heroes appear in the tavern.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do?

Thanks!

Guys sorry its 4 am and I'm having issues with this mod.

I can't buy a hero because there are none available. From the start it shows 0/0 and no matter how many wonders I build no heroes appear in the tavern.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do?

Thanks!

Can you give the detail configuration of your system
the expansion and DLC you have
other MOD you active

if you can use live tuner, you can report the bug following the ingame editor's bug report steps:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436912

besides, there is a bug of mod data cache when return to main menu and enter this mod again, you can restart civ5 and start this mod to setup a new game

HP Elitebook

I7 X920 @ 2GHz
8GB RAM
Win 7 Pro x64
What other details are needed?

Civ 5 Brave New World, freshly installed, comes with GK dlc included.
This is the only mode I have installed personally, game comes with 3 other mods installed, but I'm not using any of them.
Will look up live tuner tomorrow.
I have tried restarting Civ several times with no success.

The steam version is OK now. I also update the file at #1, with a few bug fix:
Change:
Burning damage reduce to 20% HP
No Experience for Auras, Adventures and Calmdown
Heroes can't get Artifacts from ruins continously
fix bug that unit keep running
fix bug about the mod save data cache

@krypler
the mod save cache bug fix should fix your problem, try to see if it works

Ok, I've tried this several times, deleted my caches/all mods, saved and re-loaded, tried both the version on Steam and the new one you just posted with the bug fix, I *Always* get 0/0 for heroes, and there's never any heroes displayed in the mod's window to select.

Running BNW, and I've attached an lua log... would love to give this mod a try, really... :-(

Attachments

• lua.txt
    41.5 KB · Views: 249
Ok, I've tried this several times, deleted my caches/all mods, saved and re-loaded, tried both the version on Steam and the new one you just posted with the bug fix, I *Always* get 0/0 for heroes, and there's never any heroes displayed in the mod's window to select.

Running BNW, and I've attached an lua log... would love to give this mod a try, really... :-(

thanks for the lua log, it helps debugging
The bug was due to reference of a Wonder in DLC or G&K that you do not have
Will fix that in the next release

Morning,

I deleted the old mod and what was inside the cache folder, installed the new version but it still doesn't work.

Top Bottom