A Civ of Ice and Fire Mod

ezraingram

Faceless Man
So I have spent a fair bit of time on this mod which is based on the events from a Song of Ice and Fire. You are thrown in to the later days of the War of the Five Kings. There are many additions to the game: custom art, units, civs, diplomacy screens, a map of Westeros and Essos, a scenario, etc...

If anyone is interested in helping out with more development on this mode please feel free to email me at ezraingram@gmail.com

Also, though the mod works perfectly I am getting a notice: Failed-Unknown Error after the mod is processed during the upload using the online services in ModBuddy. If anyone might know what the problem is I would appreciate being clued in.

Attachments

• Mod_A_Civ_of_Ice_and_Fire.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 5,710
While nobody has yet replied on this forum I have already had a message asking about the whited out diplomacy screens and the random civ slots (despite the information provided in the mod info).

To enable custom diplomacy screens do as follows:
1) Go to ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.
2) Find either the GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini or GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini file.
3) Open the Graphics Settings file with Notepad.
4) Where is says: Whether or not to use static screenshots of leaders (this is the default for min-spec machines) UseScreenShots = 0 CHANGE UseScreenShots =0 to UseScreenShots = 1.
5) Restart Civ 5 if it is open, and have fun :)

Also, remember to transfer the Westeros and Essos map from the Mod's map folder into your main Map folder.

As for the seeming random slots when you load up the scenario. The first time you load the scenario all the player slots will appear to be random slots in the selection screen (this only happens once you activate the scenario). They are not actually random slots and present in this order:
1) Stark
2) Lannister
3) Greyjoy
4) Baratheon
5) The Night's Watch

After you have loaded the scenario once you should be able to load it in the future without seeing random slots. If anyone knows how to fix this from happening please let me know.

Just noticed on this mod you seem to have Settlers being able to activate a Culture Bomb, assume this isn't intentional!?

Just noticed on this mod you seem to have Settlers being able to activate a Culture Bomb, assume this isn't intentional!?

No this is intentional, it would be hard to unintentionally add an ability to a unit. In the scenario all the borders are predefined, and the fact you can't have culture wars anymore in civ5 is kinda sucky in my opinion. If you pop a culture bomb you can't do it again for ten turns so it isn't like you can spam culture bombs.

The workers also have the ability to build hunting grounds to improve tundra (to make the night's watch and stark suck a little less given their starting positions and preferences).:mischief:

No this is intentional, it would be hard to unintentionally add an ability to a unit. In the scenario all the borders are predefined, and the fact you can't have culture wars anymore in civ5 is kinda sucky in my opinion. If you pop a culture bomb you can't do it again for ten turns so it isn't like you can spam culture bombs.

The workers also have the ability to build hunting grounds to improve tundra (to make the night's watch and stark suck a little less given their starting positions and preferences).:mischief:

OK cool, yeah thinking about it that's a neat idea!

I think I may have done something wrong installing the mod and the map then, as Castle Black has appeared right at the south end of the massive desert on Essos! I'm Dany, and seem to be about right (somewhere near Astapor) although I haven't yet reached Westeros so can't say about the other Civs.

OK cool, yeah thinking about it that's a neat idea!

I think I may have done something wrong installing the mod and the map then, as Castle Black has appeared right at the south end of the massive desert on Essos! I'm Dany, and seem to be about right (somewhere near Astapor) although I haven't yet reached Westeros so can't say about the other Civs.

You have to enable the scenario to get the correct starting positions on westeros and essos. if you are able to play on the map then it sounds like you installed it right, you just copied it from the mods map folder to your main map folder right? make sure you enabled the scenario there are additions beyond just starting positions in the scenario like barbarian unit Mance Rayder and each civ (except Targaryen) gets a super special unit (come on she gets the unsullied).

You have to enable the scenario to get the correct starting positions on westeros and essos. if you are able to play on the map then it sounds like you installed it right, you just copied it from the mods map folder to your main map folder right? make sure you enabled the scenario there are additions beyond just starting positions in the scenario like barbarian unit Mance Rayder and each civ (except Targaryen) gets a super special unit (come on she gets the unsullied).

How do you enable the scenario?

How do you enable the scenario?

When you load up the mod and start a new game click on the map selector and select 1.Westeros and Essos. When you do that a little load scenario button will appear under the map summary, click that. Then you can select a civ.

Keep in mind the first time you load a scenario the civs will appear to be random slots they are in the same order as if you did not have the scenario on and there is actually no random slot.

Ah, realised why I didn't see that before, I always go straight into Advanced Setup and it doesn't show it in there!

Thanks, having a proper go now!

Trying this mod out right away, I love GRRMs Song of Ice & Fire. Just wish the next book was out all ready xD The waiting is evil.

Awesome, I hope it comes out soon. I'm just worried he will die before he finishes the series. I mean he parties a lot on the book/con circuit.

Yeah I know. I look at that white/grey beard and my first thought is you better put out those books before you die or I will hunt down your ghost.

Glad to hear it, I welcome feedback.:)

Played a bit as Stannis, it's quite tough! Cersei is very strong and close, and wants to attack! In the spirit of the scenario I refused her peace treaty, although I think in terms of playing the game you'd want to accept, just so you can build up your own Civ. I've hardly managed to build anything except units so far, and that's only achieved keeping the balance.

Enjoyable, anyway, will also try it as other Houses.

(Oh, and Cersei is HOT! :D)

Played a bit as Stannis, it's quite tough! Cersei is very strong and close, and wants to attack! In the spirit of the scenario I refused her peace treaty, although I think in terms of playing the game you'd want to accept, just so you can build up your own Civ. I've hardly managed to build anything except units so far, and that's only achieved keeping the balance.

Enjoyable, anyway, will also try it as other Houses.

(Oh, and Cersei is HOT! :D)

LOL she is isn't she. I set the civs to different default difficulties for the scenario which you can change if you find it too hard. I made Dany the hardest as she has the unsullied and a lot of room to move.

Oh my god ;_; As Jon Snow about 10 turns in wildings destroyed me.

Really? I mean I've tested with Jon Snow a lot since I created the Ranger unit and the hunting grounds improvement for tundra. However, I've never had that problem. If anything I've killed off the wilding Rangers and Mance Rayder too easily. I beefed Mance up a little just before putting the mod out but... Did you amp up the difficulty or something? Did you kill off Joer Mormont to save money?

I found a solution for it. Difficulty I was on was Prince or King, I forget. But anyway, Mance can destroy any ranger unit in 1-2 turns. I finally found a strategy that keeps that from happening(and makes wildings worthless afterwards) but it has to be rushed to keep you from loosing all your units. And NO! I WOULD NEVER SELL THE OLD BEAR! HOW HORRIBLE! :<

I found a solution for it. Difficulty I was on was Prince or King, I forget. But anyway, Mance can destroy any ranger unit in 1-2 turns. I finally found a strategy that keeps that from happening(and makes wildings worthless afterwards) but it has to be rushed to keep you from loosing all your units. And NO! I WOULD NEVER SELL THE OLD BEAR! HOW HORRIBLE! :<

What strategy is that? I know Mance is a monster :mischief:

Top Bottom